Aim Assist Status

KartiganKartigan Posts: 81Developer
Any thoughts on the aim assist systems, after the 1.12 patch? Does it seem to be playing a bit better?

We found an issue that was fixed, and it will make the aim assist much less pronounced around some corners/edges.

"https://www.reddit.com/r/AmericasArmyPS4/comments/6sb8y4/lets_talk_aim_assist_and_here_is_a_gif_to_start/"

Was the clue that started off the investigation, along with some comments from our testers. (If you were curious). The information that you, the players, give us on the forums is invaluable.

While I are unable to discuss future development plans, it can be said that the talks for having some option to disable the aim assist are still ongoing.

Comments

• Hate_fulHate_ful Posts: 20Player
    Seems better . Still have a instance where it pulled me to player on crossfire map who was behind wall.
  • KartiganKartigan Posts: 81Developer
    If you can post a screenshot or a video of the wall, we can take a look at it. It may be a similar issue to the one we just fixed.
  • Dirty_Dragon_22Dirty_Dragon_22 Posts: 60Player
    Kartigan wrote: »
    Any thoughts on the aim assist systems, after the 1.12 patch? Does it seem to be playing a bit better?

We found an issue that was fixed, and it will make the aim assist much less pronounced around some corners/edges.

"https://www.reddit.com/r/AmericasArmyPS4/comments/6sb8y4/lets_talk_aim_assist_and_here_is_a_gif_to_start/"

Was the clue that started off the investigation, along with some comments from our testers. (If you were curious). The information that you, the players, give us on the forums is invaluable.

While I are unable to discuss future development plans, it can be said that the talks for having some option to disable the aim assist are still ongoing.

I personally Love it... You can notice a big difference after the patch.. Takes a little more skill to kill (in a good way), and now when I have 2 guys infront of me, I can control it better. In the past, the aim assist was so bad that it would bounce around from both guys making me lose the gunfight.
  • Medic4youMedic4you Posts: 30Player
    Tactical works alil better an aim still pulls just not as hard still locks on & tracks players jus not from as far away as b4 but target lockin through walls i didnt notice anything
    only thing through a wall atm r shadows real bad way ez to see where sum1 is the shadow looks like digital camouflage all squares as it bleeds in n out of cover or behind walls sum walls more then others
    example:furniture store window at mall or metal cover on ovwerwatch bridge wood cover wall as well on crossfrire
  • Pain-N-PanicPain-N-Panic Posts: 79Player
    It feels more balanced and less aggressive.
  • GingerI3readManGingerI3readMan Posts: 5Player
    Aim assist is way to aggresive. Balance will come from turning it off... make this game unique and great
  • xWardawgxWardawg Posts: 15Player
    The aim assist is still too strong, imo. Tracks too far and it locks onto people. The option to even turn it off would be great. And in the future, be off for any type of competitive/clan play.
    Run-n-Gun
    Please lighten up on the Aim Assist!!!
  • PRE_-CISION-_PRE_-CISION-_ Posts: 18Player
    I haven't been able to get much playtime lately but I'm thankful for what you did do. I'll post some feedback asap.
    RLxGOgB.png
  • KirruKirru Posts: 49Player
    Still rather agressove at times. Locked on through a wall and i stupidly didn't realize it as I'm trying to pull away from it. It was on crossfire by the heavy machinery going up the stairs to the objective. I may have a video, I'll have to see if I saved it.
  • Sean_87_Sean_87_ Posts: 12Player
    If your not going to remove it completely, giving us the option to turn it off would be nice. Also, if your going to give us the lobby option, have lobbies to where there is no aim assist.
  • KirruKirru Posts: 49Player
    I was playing Checkout and had aim assist lock on to a player in the game room that was crouched down and walked through the game room with my sights up and it followed to him. I thought the PS4 saved the video but it didn't. Next time it happens I'll make sure it saves. Also, aim assist should be turned off for sniper and marksmen as it focuses their shots when they try to run and fun with it making it impossible to have a fair fight. Or better yet, turn it off completely as that would be best for me as a gamer.
  • Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    When I played it the other day, it was fine, but sometimes it would shoot my view pretty far to aim in on someone and went a bit further as they went into cover. It didn't happen a lot, but it happened enough to notice it. Sometimes it wasn't even helpful but harmful.

I'd argue though that the aim assist really helps on console. I don't know how I ever played any FPS games on a controller but sheesh...

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • znignflo72znignflo72 Posts: 47Player
    I don't think aim assist belongs in any shooter. Aim assist takes away part of the skill involved in a shooter. Free my sticks
  • Pain-N-PanicPain-N-Panic Posts: 79Player
    I don't believe aim assist will ever be removed from the game. Your average console gamer does not have skill to make the necessary micro adjustments using their thumb to have efficient accuracy.

If private lobbies ever become a thing in this game for competitive play it would be sweet if there was an option to turn it off so everyone in the game is on the same setting.