User created weapon skins?

I'm a PS4 player. We have a woodland hex camo on there and it says it was created by a user. Does the PC version have the ability for players to create/submit their own weapon skins to the devs and possibly have them added to the game?

Comments

• Duke_AudiDuke_Audi Posts: 328Beta Tester
    Yes, they've had contests for User Made Maps as well. However, all the weapon skins have not made into the PC game yet.
    556127a3323e2cfd0355aaa34b6e0b63-full.jpg
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,187Player
    Woodland Hex sounds familiar :mrgreen:

Yeah I'm not sure what happened to the weapon skin submission thread on the forum but there was a comp a while back where we could design our own skins and submit them.. the devs would then go through and pick out any they liked and felt were a good fit for the game and would include them.

Maybe if enough people show willingness to have a go themselves.. even PS4 players.. then they'd open it back up.. thats assuming they have closed any further applications. I know I enjoyed making them. How can you not enjoy the possibility of something you made be included into a game you enjoy playing? Real shame more people didn't get involved.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• Pain-N-PanicPain-N-Panic Posts: 79Player
    edited August 2017
    Woodland Hex sounds familiar :mrgreen:

Yeah I'm not sure what happened to the weapon skin submission thread on the forum but there was a comp a while back where we could design our own skins and submit them.. the devs would then go through and pick out any they liked and felt were a good fit for the game and would include them.

Maybe if enough people show willingness to have a go themselves.. even PS4 players.. then they'd open it back up.. thats assuming they have closed any further applications. I know I enjoyed making them. How can you not enjoy the possibility of something you made be included into a game you enjoy playing? Real shame more people didn't get involved.

Ahhhh, uni-sol, you made woodland hex!!!! That's sick bro!

I want to try my hand at making skins.... obviously I can't do it on my PS4 but I have a decent enough PC.

EDIT- I found the guide in a different form with the software links, thx guys.
  • Duke_AudiDuke_Audi Posts: 328Beta Tester
    edited August 2017
    Well, the thread is still there but when I try to load the images I get a "page not found" error.
    https://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/6310/first-round-of-weapon-skin-additions/p1
    556127a3323e2cfd0355aaa34b6e0b63-full.jpg
  • [kT]Dominus[kT]Dominus Posts: 85Player
    Because they already FORGOT about PC users after they murdered the PC community. They knew exactly what they were doing, removing the official servers
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    I remember the forum got re-organized a while back to make room for PS4
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Yep, those forums were archived to keep everything from being over cluttered.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,187Player
    C'mon man.. You just didn't want people to see my pick fluffy slipper designs.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.