SOCOM Community Requests

Sean_87_Sean_87_ Posts: 12Player
First off I would like to say as a SOCOM refugee, this is the best game out right now for the type of players that we are. Now, some things that you could implement into your game to appease your long term crowd (which is going to consist mostly of former SOCOM players). First, auto aim or aim assist has got to go. We do not need it nor do we want it. Secondly, lobbies would be awesome to get everyone we know in same game like we did in SOCOM. I have so many friends from SOCOM that have dusted off their PlayStations to play your game bc it's the closest thing we have gotten since confrontation. Third, the ability to lean around corners would be nice, easily done by using R3 and L3 when L2 is engaged. Another way you could do it would be with the d-pad like SOCOM. Lastly, please remember who your core demographic is, it is us, the SOCOM refugees. Please do not cater to the needs of call of duty and battlefield players. We do not want a run and gun game, we want a tactical, well thought out game. Speaking on behalf of the SOCOM community, we appreciate you guys making this game available to the PS4 and hope you guys would take everything I said into great consideration and act upon it. Thank you for your time and work.

Comments

• [GS]DarthViper[GS]DarthViper Posts: 6Player
    I too have been abandoned by a game company who refuses to release another Socom game. Third person view would be on the top of my list, but what I really miss is lobbies, why lobbies? This is a place where my buddies can gather before a game, I can recruit new members to my group, try them out, talk to them. Opposing teams can join my lobby and set up a battle, I think this is the best way to match up teams with appropriate skill levels, having the game automatically do this never seems to work. Many games think players are loners that don't have any friends, when the opposite is true. Having lobbies is very group friendly and fits with the social aspects of being online.
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 638Player
    I too have been abandoned by a game company who refuses to release another Socom game. Third person view would be on the top of my list, but what I really miss is lobbies, why lobbies? This is a place where my buddies can gather before a game, I can recruit new members to my group, try them out, talk to them. Opposing teams can join my lobby and set up a battle, I think this is the best way to match up teams with appropriate skill levels, having the game automatically do this never seems to work. Many games think players are loners that don't have any friends, when the opposite is true. Having lobbies is very group friendly and fits with the social aspects of being online.

Anything third person in a PvP FPS game just sounds awful. I've watched enough PUBG for that to become glaringly obvious.
  • Pain-N-PanicPain-N-Panic Posts: 79Player
    I'm a socom refugee myself. I understand where you're coming from... however, this game is NOT socom and it never will be. It's America's army proving grounds. It's a FPS and will never (nor do I wish it to be) 3rd person.

It's not the dev's jobs to cater to the socom community and make every change you wish to fill a void within you that was left with socoms demise. "Aim assist HAS to go." I'm sorry, do you sign the paychecks to the devs? I find it extremely disrespectful for you to come in here and bark commands to fit your personal socom agenda.

Sure, the devs care about what the socom community has to say but they didn't release this game specifically for us. Their intention was not to release a socom successor. Aim assist will never be deleted from this game. Maybe they'll make an option to turn off but it will never go away. I'd say most of the players on this game want it, they're not going to remove it because some cult following socom diehards wish for it be gone.

"We dont want a run and gun game we want a tactical well though out game."

Seriously? First of all, the basic player dynamics to this game don't even allow for AAPG to become a run-n-gun game or a spray and pray shooter. Secondly, the 8 maps (excluding sandstorm, sorry devs I hate that map) released in this FREE game are the most tactically created and well thought through maps I've played in years.

And lobbies...NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Lobbies are old school. No one uses them anymore. AAPG is not going to get them. Maybe private matches will be added where a player can host a private game which will allow for clan wars, GB matches, etc. They days of joining US EAST 12 are over. This isn't SOCOM, it will never be socom. Be grateful for you have and expect minor tweaks and add-ons to improve on what we already have.
  • Sean_87_Sean_87_ Posts: 12Player
    edited August 2017
    To pain and panic. First of all, I demand nothing, they were just suggestions. It was a persuasive argument. I never said demand or stated that I would not play this game if they didn't do what I want. It's opinions from a certain point of view. Secondly , I said nothing about this game being a run and gun game. I thought that it was implied in my statement for them not to change the game for the call of duty/battlefield players. Lastly, simmer down
  • Medic4youMedic4you Posts: 30Player
    This is not socom this is a training tool made & used by the army socom WAS a game made by a game company AKA a toy not Army aproved indorsed in any way alot of ex socom players beg 4 things 2 change to make AA more like socom like 3rdperson SMH its a fps training simulator way i see it the more socom like changes that may happen the more cartoonish this game will become keep AA as its always been
    When players talk of socom they mean the first or second all the others blew even the newer1 thats y no1 played it n let that ip die in shape its in most would rather play a decade old version of a crapy toy then the new1
    Every time i read socom was like dis change the game so its like socom used to be i want to yell this is not socom nor will it b this is better be greatfull its not like socom in any way
    Oh n if anything VR would b great for AA head turn when prone not movein to look around would bring a real battle sences precision awareness that would help not 3rdperson cartoon bs
    Sry i went on a bit i juss feel AA is on a great path n the next version with VR upgrades n tec will b way better den cod bf socom cs the army has its own way of doing things n if u look at past versions of AA u can tell theres a planed path
    I ty 4 ur time readin dis Devs keep up the great work
    Oh n if u like socom dats fine n good go play it den maybe then it wouldnt b dead
  • xWardawgxWardawg Posts: 15Player
    I was an old Socom player myself. I consider it to be the game that I had the most fun playing over an extended amount of time. COD 4 was close. BF3 & 4 were great IMO for communication and teamwork. It is time to let Socom go. It isn't coming back. Embrace the game that we have.

Run-n-Gun
    Please lighten up on the Aim Assist!!!
  • Ps4TestedPs4Tested Posts: 7Player
    Just a quick one about the lobbies. You say lobbies are old school, indeed your correct hence there's been absolutely nothing to fill the gap of SOCOM since it was deceased. Lobbies bring a community together instead of pressing "X" on matchmaking and joining a bunch of random players. Since the arrival of PS3 the number of console online gamers rapidly increased, with the first release on PS3 being COD 4 its what people have gotten to just accept the whole "jumping into random game" aspect.

What I'm saying is that I feel what people are saying about lobbies. We know they work ridiculously well especially in titles that are tactical and potentially competitive like AAPG.
  • OzZy401OzZy401 Posts: 34Player
    SOCOM was life.
    PRO COD:4 Player
    UC3 MLG PVD LAN Champ
    TWITTER: OzZy401_AA
    TWITCH: OzZy401

• Archer_58Archer_58 Posts: 12Player
    I measure all shooters according to Socom and all have failed. AA will never be Socom but it is by far better than any other shooter out there. Give us the ability to create private rooms and we would have a place to hang our hat until we see what H-Hour will be.
  • SHANE523SHANE523 Posts: 69Player
    edited August 2017
    H-Hour will never be and definitely never be on the PS! What a cluster that has become.

I agree that this is about as close as it gets for SOCOM fans.

I know there are several fixes being worked on by the Devs and there is a list of requests.

Just my humble opinion on wanted features.
    1: Something done about TK and/or trolling at the beginning of each round (I know dead horse)
    2: Private lobbies
    3: Ping showing for ALL players on the scoreboard
    4: Ability to vote/kick
    5: Ability to hear grenades land by you. (don't know if it is a glitch or not but when spectating I can hear them but not when I am alive)
    6: Host indicator when P2P
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 623Player
    I,as the president of the SOCOM community,request free beer for the winning team!
    AAPG is good!
    Flatlander wrote: »
    I,as the president of the SOCOM community,request free beer for the winning team!

One of the first rooms I played in on Socom 1 was a "Free Beer" room! US Central and most in the room were from my local area. LOL
    I don't know kind of headset you have (if at all), but I hear grenades land by me all the time....also my character screaming, "WATCH OUT, GRENADE!" is a big clue to start running away.
  • Archer_58Archer_58 Posts: 12Player
    SHANE523 wrote: »
    H-Hour will never be and definitely never be on the PS! What a cluster that has become.

I agree that this is about as close as it gets for SOCOM fans.

I know there are several fixes being worked on by the Devs and there is a list of requests.

Just my humble opinion on wanted features.
    1: Something done about TK and/or trolling at the beginning of each round (I know dead horse)
    2: Private lobbies
    3: Ping showing for ALL players on the scoreboard
    4: Ability to vote/kick
    5: Ability to hear grenades land by you. (don't know if it is a glitch or not but when spectating I can hear them but not when I am alive)
    6: Host indicator when P2P

Nice list of wanted features. I have no doubt H-Hour will be on PS4. That team is tough as nails in the development of the game. I don't see the cluster you talk about. I see a small team doing the best they can do with what they have to work with. Just remember this post and if i'm wrong i'll be the first to admit. I'm never wrong though. =)
    I don't know kind of headset you have (if at all), but I hear grenades land by me all the time....also my character screaming, "WATCH OUT, GRENADE!" is a big clue to start running away.

Turtle Beach Elites. I have also been with people that said they never heard it, I was on them because I was dead, and I heard it. I can hear footsteps from 20 feet away but not a grenade land on concrete 2 feet away from me (all of the time it is intermittent but more no than yes) .

The Watch Out Grenade isn't 100% either.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,181Player
    I think.. don't hold me to this as I'm not 100% sure.. but if you throw a grenade whilst in tactical stance, then you will not shout "Frag Out", nor will the enemy shout out "look out grenade!"
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

Turtle Beach Elites. I have also been with people that said they never heard it, I was on them because I was dead, and I heard it. I can hear footsteps from 20 feet away but not a grenade land on concrete 2 feet away from me (all of the time it is intermittent but more no than yes) .

The Watch Out Grenade isn't 100% either.

Don't know what to say. I typically always hear grenades hit before they detonate
    I would like to add a "Report" function for the trolls that think it is fun to TK or injure at the beginning of each round.
  • m_hermannm_hermann Posts: 615Moderator
    edited August 2017
    I would like to add a "Report" function for the trolls that think it is fun to TK or injure at the beginning of each round.

www.americasarmy.com/support/abuse for now
  • DemonroninDemonronin Posts: 11Player
    AA was inspired by the vain games like Socom, Rainbow Six, ext. Its a tact game thru and thru. Never mind how it ended up. Aye, think I don't see you Proving grounds? lol When I hear lads compare it to counter strike I see why they are on the losing side of the match. Reason why AA3 removed jumping was cause of that kiddie nonsense.

Still AA proving grounds at its core is tact. Hoping more emphasis stays on that. No matter how much I carry in this game, (mostly do to other team lack of team play) its still no where near BF or COD where just two lads somehow can carry whole team. Keep it like that.