Kismet testing - working minefield. Thanks Reyfox!

2»

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    edited July 2017
    Thanks Lobo! May have to poke into the code?

Hey Muzza, where's that ragdoll setting you were talking about?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • ={101st}=Muzza455={101st}=Muzza455 Posts: 1,061Player
    I would of had a look but unfortunately have come home to no Internet . Posting from my phone . When net is back I will have a look . Good luck with it for now m8.
    edited July 2017
    Ok so I added a couple of things to an exsiting explosion kismet sequence and found a way to launch a player . Not far as did not wind up settings in the volume . Transfered the video to phone and uploaded it . When my net back up I will share all I added and settings . Keebs add me to steam if like
  • [Prt_Dictator][Prt_Dictator] Posts: 275Player
    Wouldn't it be simpler to just fake it by changing the velocity of the ragdoll? Like this:
    7o2qdvln49ma.png
    You can use the create vector node and add intervals to give some variance to the effect.

The result: Video
    edited July 2017
    Interesting. I'm gonna go play with this! My apologies, but it's really hard to find keyworded resources with Google these days. There's just too much crap out there now to filter through.

I figured there had to be SOME way to apply a force, or fake it!

This is what I had before, with a Physics Volume to give a Z velocity, but it wasn't really controllable. I'll try the Vector stuff!

2OFeRoK.jpg

______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    edited July 2017
    Is there a reason you're manually placing the particle emitters instead of spawning them with a factory?
    It would save you a lot of work.
    Added the Vector Component and Velocity and it works in Editor. Need to server test still. I think I might eventually randomize the X and Y vectors to give it some variability, and maybe the Z vector for different heights.

KABOOM!!!!! :)

As I understand it, UE4 "Blueprints" aren't going to allow me to be so messy with logic flow. I'm going to try to figure out how to improve the efficiency of this, and the modularity, for multiple mines.
    ______

Is there a reason you're manually placing the particle emitters instead of spawning them with a factory?
    It would save you a lot of work.

Ya, man...the reason is I have no idea what I'm doing!!! I just fake it until I find a better way! :p

If it wasn't for you brainy guys, I'd get nowhere! It's not like Kismet is terribly intuitive.
    ______

• K0$H3RK0$H3R Posts: 57Developer
    Awesome work, gentlemen!
    Ah, Kosher! How ironic that you would use that word....

: wink :

Inside joke, folks. The subject of our 'documentary' is notorious in his egregious misuse of the word "awesome." :D
    ______

I tested the Vector Component kismet in server tonight and it definitely works. Thanks, Dictator. Also, I've been checking out some of Muzza's creative use of Matinee. VERY interesting, learning this stuff!

I'm going to do some more optimizing and modularizing now, and see how tidy I can make it.

The big issues are always "What can this stuff actually do? What are the capabilities? How do I piece the right components together?"
    ______

By the way, Dictator...I realize one of the reasons I was manually placing and activating emitters and decals was so I could easily turn them on and off.

At the start the ground appears bare, but I turn on two decals to look like damaged and charred ground. Then I turn on wisps of smouldering smoke. I can leave this damage through the whole match (as a reminder to others!) or reset it each time.

The explosion itself would continue to smoke if I didn't shut it off.

Not saying its the proper way, but that was my thinking.
    ______

edited July 2017
    Glad be know it worked :)

If you want to control the effect with round start and end, its one way to do it but you're going to have tons of work if you're going to place and script 6 particle emitters and 4 decals per mine like you did in this test. Plus not sure how it would affect performance.

As for the explosion, you use an effect that doesn't loop, spawn it with a factory at the trigger location and it should only play once and disappear. Its cleaner and less work.
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,140Beta Tester
    I hate you all lol. I miss doing all this stuff. I wish I had the time I did before. :(

I wouldn't even know where to find the editor nowadays. :(
  • (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 647Player
    kebs you could make a prefab of the mine ,with the kismet attached then you wouldnt have to do a kismet for each mine,
    Yes...that's what I'm eventually hoping to do...a pre-fab I can place wherever with little effort.

Honestly, I'm just doing this to get back into Kismet so I can figure out the respawn/ticket issue for that big Dev map thingy I made.
    ______

I'll get to it. I bought a new motorcycle and HAD to put some miles on it.... :D
    ______