TWL League Season 2 - EU & NA Divisions OPEN

Comments

• -pR|speT.-pR|speT. Posts: 59Player
    Hello again,

Season 2 is reaching the mid of it, being played 4 weeks so far.

In the EU Open, 16 teams are still fighting for the best positions possible, according to their objectives, having in mind not only the victory but also the places that could allow them to be promoted for a more competitive division in the next season.

At this point, Team naisOne.com is the team in the best position to win EU Open, but they cannot step out of the gas because Virtual Insanity is in pursuit and with a better rounds difference.

A very pleasant surprise is Mordeczki Squad, that after learning at the hard way in Season 1, they're running in 3rd followed by Warriors of Redemption.

Seriously Team, that were one of the Season 1 deceptions due to their experience, seem to got back on track, with 3 winnings, closing the closest pursuit group.

Not a Clan and Immortals, are also good surprises, being the only rookie teams that are dealing better than the rest in their first competing season.

FOX, PAS, XL and Ing, are also showing that they learn part of their lesson, and are now demonstrating that they are much more solid teams now.

In the end, walking the stone path, goes the rest of the rookie teams, Slayers, eGc, pR, Hc and iG, paying the price of being the less experienced, but willing to do better every time.

zS3a1xT.png

In EU Invite, the favorite teams are not disappointing their fans. In Group B, iForgot is smashing all the competition with 3 straight wins. In Group A, iG and pR are now tied, leaving the dispute of the 1st place reduced to rounds, where Internet Gangsters have a comfortable 6 rounds plus. In very though positions KSS and CSP will most likely play the relegation matches, in a final hope to avoid dropping to a lower division.

hYXCSE9.png

At this point, the major deception is the NA division that due to several problems, "insists" in not starting. Its a pity that such good teams like kT and others, can't have their space to show their good AAPG. Lets hope we can solve it in the future.
    PTranger Portuguese Rangers Founder
    TWL Teamwarfare Competition Director
  • PhilippovichPhilippovich Posts: 218Player
    nice read! could have its own topic TBH.
    done it as suggested...
  • SeVn.MaxSeVn.Max Posts: 232Player
    Someone has a ini file ready to load on the server?
  • Gronfather@twitchGronfather@twitch Posts: 466Player
    -pR|speT. wrote: »

btw...

Hey Gron... if you don't compete, if you don't care to compete, if you never made nothing to help the competition, if you probably barely play this game... why the [TOS Violation] you are still here? Or worst, talking? Are you that kind of guys that like to collect posts? You look like Justin Bieber... nobody cares, unless they are minor age. Bye man.

[TOS Violation] i never saw this! :(

Sorry doogle i cut your part out i didn't read it cause it isn't about me LOL

But seriously, I am from canada so I kinda am like Justin Bieber. I can't help you I'm sorry, but if you'd like to look into my comments please visit www.teamwarfare.com and look at the forums. You'll find an entire competitive website built around AAPG.

Hope that helps!

• [kT]Dominus[kT]Dominus Posts: 85Player
    edited June 2017
    i9.doogle wrote: »
    When is TWL going to get a website again? Trying to follow the action via forums is painful. I mean I know there's no competition out there, but [TOS Violation]. It's like AAPG is stuck in this weird rut of leagues that refuse to have user friendly interfaces

Feel free to make the website when you won't get any money from it. If you do that successfully, then maybe you can complain about the websites this game has for now
  • -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 753Player
    Gron. wrote: »

btw...

Hey Gron... if you don't compete, if you don't care to compete, if you never made nothing to help the competition, if you probably barely play this game... why the [TOS Violation] you are still here? Or worst, talking? Are you that kind of guys that like to collect posts? You look like Justin Bieber... nobody cares, unless they are minor age. Bye man.

[TOS Violation] i never saw this! :(

Sorry doogle i cut your part out i didn't read it cause it isn't about me LOL

But seriously, I am from canada so I kinda am like Justin Bieber. I can't help you I'm sorry, but if you'd like to look into my comments please visit www.teamwarfare.com and look at the forums. You'll find an entire competitive website built around AAPG.

Hope that helps!

Your contribution in making it better is the same as my pet. And my pet loves to be lazy.

Over 1.3k Golden Hawkeyes.
    Imagine if I were to join with a team. Would you be able to answer these questions:

How long is the season?
    and when does next season start?

Cheers
    Hey phili, spet is busy for the next 3 days or so but yes, he has all planned out already so he should be able to answer that. Would be nice to have you participate in. :)

What would also be nice, would be to actually have the bracket and so on available. Because the website is just a forum. We could for all matter just use this one.

But hey, I wont complain. It is nice to have people take initiatives. And I hope that the Devs could promote more competition and that people are competing with AAPG.

Maybe Spetnaz could write the the Community Manager on the Facebook page to have them share a news post about the next season of AAPG.
    I heard the script is almost done but I've been hearing that for to long already. I totally agree with you, forum isn't easy nor appealing. A better system + dev support would be ideal.

Soon ™
  • Gronfather@twitchGronfather@twitch Posts: 466Player
    http://www.reloadretake.com/

If your going to do competitive AAPG seasons (Going to withhold my personal opinion as it's already been stated) you should use these guys, they actually have a tournament function on there website as well as forums. Add a functional script and your good to go.

• SSKbartSSKbart Posts: 125Player
    I just noticed the matchcomms at ptrangers vs sevn.
    Isn't it weird to play home team map twice (in case of OT)?

That's almost like saying draw=home team win.

OT map should always be a 3d map imo, better for comp, excitement, and no questions about rules being quite strange that way. This is a too big advantage for a home team.
    SNLSTB.Bart^
    edited June 2017
    Wait, I'll make sure how it works first. I dont think its that way bart.
    EDIT: Yea you're right. I also think its not fair. Will have to speak with spet when he is on.

• SSKbartSSKbart Posts: 125Player
    SNLSTB.Bart^
    Hello guys. I am very sorry to only now answer your questions, but professional business took me away these days.

Philippovich, the next season is already schedule for after the summer, and it will have the sign ups open in mid September. The season will have 10 weeks so it will finish be for Christmas in mid December.

Regarding the script, it's being developed as we speak and I am counting to use it already in next season, unless something unplanned happen.

Bart, you are right that the playoffs maps issue isn't at it best shape, but we developed already new improvements that will take place in the next season, since we don't want to change rules in the middle of the ongoing season. However we are counting to maintain the home team advantages, since they are always the lower rank teams, in order to balance more the team differences.

Hope it help.

To finish, I would like to reinforce that we are still looking for an NA Game Admin, and we are also looking for sponsors for the next season. We are selling the League naming and the prime time in TWL tv for the main League sponsor.

Cheers
    Philippovich, the next season is already schedule for after the summer, and it will have the sign ups open in mid September. The season will have 10 weeks so it will finish be for Christmas in mid December.

That's a long time till then ;( arhghhh

Will you bump the teams of 8 invite and rest open ? And will we be able to see full tables (just like challonge.com )

Don't worry, during the summer we are planning to stimulate the competitive scene with weekend tournaments. Regarding the rest we are Still studying if it's better to bump invite to 8 or if we start an intermediate division between. But its a possibility.

I am not part of the team developing the script/site but i can say that the old TWL site and its user friendly qualities it's a strong inspiration for us.
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 681Player
    i9.doogle wrote: »
    When is TWL going to get a website again? Trying to follow the action via forums is painful. I mean I know there's no competition out there, but [TOS Violation]. It's like AAPG is stuck in this weird rut of leagues that refuse to have user friendly interfaces

Feel free to make the website when you won't get any money from it. If you do that successfully, then maybe you can complain about the websites this game has for now

I would have been happy to fund the development of something that wasn't complete crap, as I'm sure there are several people out there who would have been willing to do it. But since the community managers, developers and AAPGs general leadership refused to listen to their customers years ago, the game is beyond help and will not rebound on PC.

In that light, I absolutely do not blame the lack of interest in developing a website. The point I wanted to make was that TWL had been down for a significant time and had zero resemblence of an interface; it was 100% tracked via forums. At least FN and FGN made the attempt.