edited May 2015 in General Discussion
'' Assault team, take position and wipe out the enemy ''

'' But we only have one mag and a pistol and the enemy are fully equipped''

'' Shut up, soldier, get 10 kills and you'll get your m4''<

''B-but...''

'' MOVE OUT! ''

Comments

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    The Devs have said that unlocks will primarily be cosmetic changes, not functional ones. For example, change from a gunmetal M4 skin to an "arctic camo" M4 skin, or change your weapon scope from the M68 to the holosight. They have said the CZ2 pistol will be an unlock, but I'd expect it to be an M9 reskin or a side-grade that won't affect game balance.

They don't want players to feel outclassed because they haven't unlocked something.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    But I like the challenge of going against an overmatched force though.....!!! :)
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    But I like the challenge of going against an overmatched force though.....!!! :)
    make yourself an FLS Assault UMM. not exactly "over matched" but definitely asymmetrical.

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    edited May 2015
    Feel overmatched all you like, just don't blame the unlock system :D
  • Gronfather@TwitchGronfather@Twitch Posts: 466Player
    Should be able to unlock the golden oneshot pistol from goldeneye. Oh and dual wielding?

400px-Goldeneye_007_N64_Dual_Golden_Guns_Firing.jpg
  • [Dev]Rawrster[Dev]Rawrster Posts: 329Developer
    Should be able to unlock the golden oneshot pistol from goldeneye. Oh and dual wielding?

400px-Goldeneye_007_N64_Dual_Golden_Guns_Firing.jpg

Only if you also agree to play the game with an N64 controller...
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    I don't see why we can't have unique unlocks for milestone rewards? things such as weaponry, for example why not give an RPG (with 1 rocket) to lvl 50's? (£50 large Dem@n gets one first :lol: ) I know why these things are frowned upon and I can agree it would give advantages, but what about the guy with the 1000Hz monitor (with SLi Titans) kicking your 60hz (with 9800GTX) butt round after round? while shouting "Who's your daddy" as he repeatedly squats over your pawn.

Seriously though, it would give much better incentives to play longer and stick around if there's something really cool and worthwhile at the end of that tunnel, other than that of a woodland camo that you never get to see yourself at least.. Nothing against camo's [Dev]MrArt.

Nobody cries in COD or Battlefield when a dude has unlocked all his crap and your lvl 1.. it makes you want to play to 'get on their level', if only for revenge :lol:
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    edited May 2015
    It would be kind of unfair for a level 50 player to get a special OP weapon. Might as well give him/her a mini nuke launcher since they have already nuked most other players getting to that level.
  • .sauce.sauce Posts: 308Player

Use the pistol. Most fun I have playing this game.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    Know what I want? To have it so you can drop ALL weapons and run around choking people...and still survive! That would be awesome!

(at least for someone good at it. I'M not!) :p
  • -=TPA=-Mikgau-=TPA=-Mikgau Posts: 19Player
    I don't see why we can't have unique unlocks for milestone rewards? things such as weaponry, for example why not give an RPG (with 1 rocket) to lvl 50's? (£50 large Dem@n gets one first :lol: ) I know why these things are frowned upon and I can agree it would give advantages, but what about the guy with the 1000Hz monitor (with SLi Titans) kicking your 60hz (with 9800GTX) butt round after round? while shouting "Who's your daddy" as he repeatedly squats over your pawn.

Seriously though, it would give much better incentives to play longer and stick around if there's something really cool and worthwhile at the end of that tunnel, other than that of a woodland camo that you never get to see yourself at least.. Nothing against camo's [Dev]MrArt.

Nobody cries in COD or Battlefield when a dude has unlocked all his crap and your lvl 1.. it makes you want to play to 'get on their level', if only for revenge :lol:

If someone would actually kick my butt and keep shouting who's my daddy I would probably kick him off the server... or tell him who my daddy is so he will most likely stop asking.

And yeah.. you might be right about COD or Bf BUT the main reason I'm playing this game is because it's not COD or Bf....

I'm really for visual unlockables though, like patches, camos and body customizations.

Oh and for Revenge, I'd rather have Devs make a revolver for that kind of situation, to settle it like men.
  • THEMOISTMAKERTHEMOISTMAKER Posts: 9Player

If someone would actually kick my butt and keep shouting who's my daddy I would probably kick him off the server... or tell him who my daddy is so he will most likely stop asking.

And yeah.. you might be right about COD or Bf BUT the main reason I'm playing this game is because it's not COD or Bf....

I'm really for visual unlockables though, like patches, camos and body customizations.

Oh and for Revenge, I'd rather have Devs make a revolver for that kind of situation, to settle it like men.

Exactly, everything in moderation of course. COD 4 and Bad company 2 had decent unlock progression. Those weren't out of control like today's games.
  • Gronfather@TwitchGronfather@Twitch Posts: 466Player
    Know what I want? To have it so you can drop ALL weapons and run around choking people...and still survive! That would be awesome!

(at least for someone good at it. I'M not!)

I agree with one thing, you should be able to drop all your weapons and have none, just like AA2

• OH NOES! THIS GAME IS GOING P2W!
  • AvgusteAvguste Posts: 125Player
    please no unlocks. No disrespect to anyone, but if you want unlocks, you have Call of Duty, Ghost Recon and the likes. Leave AA the way it is, please!!!!
  • SithHunterSithHunter Posts: 109Player
    edited May 2015
    Imho weapons/roles should be easy to get unlocks for new players to reward their initial progress/first hour(s) of playing, while skins could be longer term unlocks for more experienced players. And saying that unlocks are bad just because CoD uses them extensivelly is pretty much same quality of posting as trolling. If there is a system out there that we can tweak so it fits current gameplay and gives more incentive to play, why wouldn't we want to use it? It will just help the game.
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 596Beta Tester
    I really like the current no-unlock way but with the 'new player' thread in mind:
    What if we had extremely simple unlocks? Like you can get all of the game-changers in 5-10 hours of gameplay. (You have the M4A1 and the M9 by default, after 1 hour you get the M16 etc...) This would give new players a very visible but still reachable goal and during these hours they'll hopefully see what this game really is about - and hopefully stick with it, even if they can't unlock game-changing things anymore.