America’s Army: Proving Grounds deploys on PS4 this summer

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    Anyone who's been paying attention and using a little imagination understand this is a project funded by the Army and the Devs spend time (ie money) on what they are told to. This has been said over and over but people choose to ignore it. They can expect some kind of more specific answer if they like but it doesn't change the fact the question has already been answered.

And if you think an employee (the Devs) are going to publicly relate the behind the scenes policies of their employers (the Army) you're awfully naive about the world.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    PS4 development started and special systems were needed to support it. As they were now requirements they got time and funding.

Will they get ported to PC, maybe! That's something we still have to look at.

That being said, this thread is on PS4. For PC related questions please start a new thread.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 753Player
    When is the estimated time to go out? I would like to pop in as soon as possible (beta if it has to be). And btw will the game be highlighted in playstation store for free games or something? I know some free games get on the main page for playstation plus.

Over 1.3k Golden Hawkeyes.
    When is the estimated time to go out? I would like to pop in as soon as possible (beta if it has to be). And btw will the game be highlighted in playstation store for free games or something? I know some free games get on the main page for playstation plus.

We are shooting for mid summer. Open beta early June hopefully. We're in the cert process currently. We will be listed in the free store and the PS+ store since we have a ps+ perk (certain weapon skins).

• Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    I was just wondering if there would be similar account features, like checking a website to see your stats or even associate your military email to it for the tags in game etc. I don't mind having no ties to my PC account, probably for the best since playing on a controller and the game itself is going to be pretty different.

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
    Your stats will be visible on the website the same way they are now. We will have a way to log in with your Playstation ID that will then let you create a soldier account and password to access the forums and profile options. I need to check on the status of our Armed Forces verification on console.

That's awesome news! Thanks for answering my questions Tots. :)

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • ISTI5ISTI5 Posts: 1Player
    A good reason to switch on the dusty ps4.
    Cool new development. We can now confirm you DO NOT need to have PS+ to play AAPG online on console!

• -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 753Player
    TheTots wrote: »
    Cool new development. We can now confirm you DO NOT need to have PS+ to play AAPG online on console!

:open_mouth:

Over 1.3k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • [kT]Trigga[kT]Trigga Posts: 102Player

Now I am confused. Cross platform compatible or nah?
    No

edited May 2017

It is great to get it officially confirmed! I'll definitely be using my PS4 more from now on. There's only some much The Last of Us, Uncharted and Horizon: Zero Dawn that I can take before realizing how limited my console gaming library is. lol

I'm going to assume that when this hits the PS4 as beta that's when we are going to be seeing all of the community skins hit the game cross-platform. Or at least that's what I want to believe. xD

ss_4_Root-Access.png
  • [kT]Dominus[kT]Dominus Posts: 85Player
    edited May 2017
    I wish they would release the new skins sooner. It's been a long time and there were a lot of them AFAIK it's really not a huge development project or anything, probably take someone a work-day to do it. Definitely not as big as deploying their game on PS4
  • .XFi^BouRne!.XFi^BouRne! Posts: 22Player
    This is so cool! Sandstorm, one of the all time favorites in AA2 coming to AAPG! Will definitely try it on PS4 and can't wait for this map to be available on PC as well. Will we get SF attachments some time in the future?

Keep up the great work.
    ss_4_.XFi%5EBouRne%21.png
  • SeVn.MaxSeVn.Max Posts: 232Player
    The summer has begun !! :p o:) B) Some news?
  • Bear_82Bear_82 Posts: 369Moderator
    SeVn.Max wrote: »
    The summer has begun !! :p o:) B) Some news?

Summer is 21JUN through 21SEP
    The right of the people to keep and arm bears shall not be infringed.
  • -[U|S|A]-Voyager-[U|S|A]-Voyager Posts: 53Player
    Looks great! I'm going to have to go buy a PS4 now.
    Steve / 31Bravo
    Army Veteran
    NREMT-Paramedic
    [31Bravo] wrote: »
    Looks great! I'm going to have to go buy a PS4 now.

At least you'll be able to play AA:PG plus exclusives like The Last of Us, Uncharted and Horizon: Zero Dawn. :P

ss_4_Root-Access.png
  • chesnokchesnok Posts: 4Player
    will you develop Xbox One version?