Vote Kick is now enabled on Official servers

Comments

• SeVn.MaxSeVn.Max Posts: 235Player
    never used B)
  • -[iG]-Leketiskis-[iG]-Leketiskis Posts: 127Player
    edited April 2017
    Today i played the whole day, many guys cried in game about Votekicks, but not a single wrong votekick passed, actually there was only one guys [mod edit] organizing those :) the other guy that got kicked today, was Teamkillling his teammates :) Even though teamkiling actually gets you to jail automatically anyway :) I personaly prefer votekicks on, people has have to grow up, the less they troll the less kicking is going on. I'm not very good player, but when people cry thati cheat i mute them. That they get bored of it, and stop crying, if you keep provoking them they end up voting :) i see it from many good players :)
  • [D-303]^Greg_zx[D-303]^Greg_zx Posts: 2Player
    Oh gr3at, another vk tango for me...
    Get used to "do not shot admin server in head, he's supposed do this to you only" bans, but now fun will begin on official...

Good there are some private servers and decent admins, that aren't so much hotheaded and just normal guys...
    Creative zx +Koss_ur-40 doesn't mean I hack, I just hear you clearer
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited April 2017
    I'm not very good player, but when people cry thati cheat i mute them. That they get bored of it, and stop crying, if you keep provoking them they end up voting :) i see it from many good players :)

Curious, does muting them stop them from being able to vote? All muting them does is make the impending VK more of a surprise :lol:

Maybe it is/will be better now. Only time will tell.

If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    Well, played plenty of matches. Haven't even seen a kick yet or heard of another one in game. Either the children mostly left long ago or the majority of the playerbase hasn't figured it out yet.

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,573Player
    Well, played plenty of matches. Haven't even seen a kick yet or heard of another one in game. Either the children mostly left long ago or the majority of the playerbase hasn't figured it out yet.

Try talk about it in the server, I'm sure many don't know.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • WilburWilbur Posts: 6Player
    edited May 2017
    Thank you! I think the good outweighs the bad on this one. I am on the receiving end of hackusations once and awhile, but I am on the end of getting TK'd /FF by a team mate who is trolling more often!

In regards to abuse by the VK on official servers, i expect it to happen some, but again, the amount of FF/TK abuse is crazy.

I think there is more private server admin abuse than there was votekicking on official abuse.

With some development effort, I think there could be a feature in place to only allow votekicks on players who have ROE during the match, or repeated ROE.
  • -[iG]-Leketiskis-[iG]-Leketiskis Posts: 127Player
    the whole kicking for ROE is a bit unnecessary. Most of the time problem is if player blocking and so on, TK'ing trolls gets sorted with default kicking for ROE thing just fine. If you are patient the guys gets kicking for his action by server, of course most often guys are not patient and get kicked by server themselves, when they fight it them :D
    The only TK'ing fight that is worth, was to kill cheater, that without voting was no way to play normal rounds. with VK back, the need for intentional TK by me has decreased drastically, not sure if any need remaining.
    the whole kicking for ROE is a bit unnecessary. Most of the time problem is if player blocking and so on, TK'ing trolls gets sorted with default kicking for ROE thing just fine. If you are patient the guys gets kicking for his action by server, of course most often guys are not patient and get kicked by server themselves, when they fight it them :D
    The only TK'ing fight that is worth, was to kill cheater, that without voting was no way to play normal rounds. with VK back, the need for intentional TK by me has decreased drastically, not sure if any need remaining.

Not necessarily true. I have seen dozen times people staying in game through breaking the ROE. I would name a few players that are known for TKing/griefing but I cannot, however I can tell you that they do it constantly and unless they do it from the start/at spawn or kill multiple teammates, they do not get kicked.

There would be no way to handle it either, as trying to shoot the TKer is also breaking ROE and could actually get you in trouble or booted yourself. There was no solution before, at least we have one now.

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
    I have seen a some vote for kicks now, but not a single one was according to the rules.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • |FOX|kozini.pl|FOX|kozini.pl Posts: 87Player
    I play 4 h a day for the past 2weeks and there were like kick for idle. Have not noticed any abuse in vote kicking...
    The game have auto kick to spectate for idles so I don't see the need for vote kick for idle, please remove it.
    Vote kick for idle is abused on players that are last and slow moving or camping. I have yet to see it used in the right way.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
    -Ner0- wrote: »
    The game have auto kick to spectate for idles so I don't see the need for vote kick for idle, please remove it.
    Vote kick for idle is abused on players that are last and slow moving or camping. I have yet to see it used in the right way.

I've seen vote kick misused five times so far. And sometimes the system kicking idle players is too slow or the player only gets out of idle when the players complain too much but return right to sitting in spawn or a bush doing absolutely nothing (and that doesn't include slow players) while a potential worthy player sits in spec waiting for his turn at a slot.

ss_4_Root-Access.png
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player

I've seen vote kick misused five times so far. And sometimes the system kicking idle players is too slow or the player only gets out of idle when the players complain too much but return right to sitting in spawn or a bush doing absolutely nothing (and that doesn't include slow players) while a potential worthy player sits in spec waiting for his turn at a slot.

What's wrong with sitting in bushes? After all this is a design decision and if they like to cater players with bad aim (or suuuper dooooper strategic realism and immersion loving players as they usually like to call themselves) what's the matter? It's a viable option to play the game like this (I agree a terribly lame and not fun one) but it doesn't justify kicking anyone.

Not sure how the automated system can be too slow sometimes. Unless they randomized it which is admittedly a funny thought, it will kicked after the same period of idle time in every single case.
    SSKnecabo wrote: »

What's wrong with sitting in bushes? After all this is a design decision and if they like to cater players with bad aim (or suuuper dooooper strategic realism and immersion loving players as they usually like to call themselves) what's the matter? It's a viable option to play the game like this (I agree a terribly lame and not fun one) but it doesn't justify kicking anyone.

Not sure how the automated system can be too slow sometimes. Unless they randomized it which is admittedly a funny thought, it will kicked after the same period of idle time in every single case.

You didn't understand me, it seems. If they are just sitting there, doing absolutely nothing...as in idling...it is a problem I shouldn't have to explain. Which happens a lot. It isn't a problem [to me at least] if they're camping (though many complain about it), of which I have not seen anyone get kicked for. Not even you-know-who.

ss_4_Root-Access.png
  • -ew.raw--ew.raw- Posts: 175Player
    edited May 2017

I enjoy joining to cheaters team and follow him around the map flashing and making him mad, i believe AS MUCH AS he likes to ruin the other players gaming experience by using any hacks.
    1409304775_2240089.gif

AA2 2005 - 2015
    AA:PG 2015-
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    SSKnecabo wrote: »

You didn't understand me, it seems. If they are just sitting there, doing absolutely nothing...as in idling...it is a problem I shouldn't have to explain. Which happens a lot. It isn't a problem [to me at least] if they're camping (though many complain about it), of which I have not seen anyone get kicked for. Not even you-know-who.

It's more like you don't understand it tbh and I'm not trying to be mean here, it's merely my bad experience with how people used votekicks in the past. If they are really idle as you are suggesting here, the automated system will take care.

I'm pretty sure I know what you're trying to say though and I disagree, you can't distinguish between camping and actually idle players unless you took over their webcams ofc but that's not even the point. Let's assume you spectated someone for say 3 rounds and all he does is tapping his mouse every now and then but clearly doesn't react to enemies running past the bush he is sitting in.

At this point you got someone more or less idle that the system will not kick, great. Here's why I think it's terrible to have the votekicks for "issues" like that. Barely anyone spectates boring playstyles and you can't really observe a player unless you are dead early in the round. So you start a votekick when at best 2 people have observed the player that might be actually idle.

"Might be" because why would you trust anyones call on that (if you aren't one of those 2 players that actually observed) and just blindly vote "yes"? This is something we've dealt with on a daily basis back then, everyone just agrees for the sake of it. You can pick any player with a good score and start a vote against him saying he's cheating and at least 7/10 times the vote will go through. It's even more critical for idling players imo since a lot of people are willing to kick players for camping/being slow. I think we've all had matches where when you die there's always this one player still sitting in a bush and you just want to play the next round. Oh hey, someone started a votekick against that guy, how convenient. And he's gone.

Even with removing the idle voting reason you can ofc kick a player for some random reason but I'd hope people take some seconds to think about whether the player is actually abusing VOIP.

I don't remember where to find the old forum but there was a pretty good post about the issue with people being quick on the "yes" and voting on new players that are trying to figure out the game, probably a way better explanation than mine here.
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,047Moderator
    How about random keys for voting?
    That would make players actually have to read and reflect about the vote, not just a knee jerk reaction to a vote.
    ss_4_frankof.png
    edited May 2017
    I really don't think you do know what I'm trying to say. The system isn't fast enough. The vote kicks give the players to kick the idle people quickly, especially if they keep joining just to idle. If they're just standing there like a statue or lying prone just sitting there wasting space, yea, we're going to kick him. Bye-bye player. You can disagree all you want though, I don't care really, doesn't mean they aren't idling just because they idle in a bush or keep coming back to do it. It is helpful to people who actually play to be able to kick them quickly instead of waiting on the system to do it or keep up with those returning idlers.

Yes though. The system helps us by autokicking, but it isn't always the best solution or fast enough.

What you are complaining about is the potential that some bush baby camper unwilling to do objectives or help the team is going to get kicked because others don't like his gaming style. Yes, it COULD happen, but you can't let a good system that allows people to kick idiots, rule breakers and idlers just because it COULD or CAN be abused by a very small amount of people.
    frankof wrote: »
    How about random keys for voting?
    That would make players actually have to read and reflect about the vote, not just a knee jerk reaction to a vote.

Good idea, though I think that would annoy a lot of people trying to legitimately remove an abusive player quick.

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    edited May 2017
    Many new players (maybe they are new to FPS, too) are playing careful/slow/camp until they learn the game. Kick them is abuse in my opinion.

AFK is idle and will be auto kicked after 55 second so we don't need another option to kick for idle.

People that are kicked for idle and come back again just to idle again (can't remember when I saw that last time, if ever) is a very small minority and is no reason to keep Vote for Kick.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.