All of the AA2 maps

Comments

• onujptonujpt Posts: 1Player
    Hey, new guy here to proving grounds. Used to play AA2 back in the day... just wondering how you actually play UMM? I've subscribed to several different ones in steam, but don't see how to actually play them...can you give any advice? Thanks! :)
  • ELiZ_SwedenELiZ_Sweden Posts: 32Player
    At the moment I plan to distribute the AA2 content outside of Steam.
    That might change if I manage to cover all requirements in Steam.

But generally, all you need to play a UMM, is to download the map, then find a server that is hosting the map.
    Just a small update:

I've been busy the last weeks creating copies of all Materials, recreating them as Material Instances, and assigning a correct Mater material(Parent). It took some time creating the 8136 Instances, but I'm now done. It took more time than I expected and the first downloadable version will hopefully be released on Sunday instead as planned on Friday.
    I*m sorry that I wasn't able to finish these before I went on vacation, but I'll be gone for 3 weeks, so until I get back from that, there will be no updates.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    So I guess we'll be needing SF Hospital soon with VIP coming out. May as well bring in Mountain Ambush as well.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • `xinoN`xinoN Posts: 359Player
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    So I guess we'll be needing SF Hospital soon with VIP coming out. May as well bring in Mountain Ambush as well.

This. 5 minutes of work could easily make full hospital a great vip map again. I'm sure the community mappers will take care of that.
    Oh well.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    `xinoN wrote: »

This. 5 minutes of work could easily make full hospital a great vip map again. I'm sure the community mappers will take care of that.

Well, if there are issues as the Devs say, then maybe a port of the original would be best.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • =[101st]=Wolverine=[101st]=Wolverine Posts: 1,169Beta Tester
    Maybe VIP map contest? I'd definitely remake Dusk with new look. =)
  • `xinoN`xinoN Posts: 359Player
    `xinoN wrote: »

Well, if there are issues as the Devs say, then maybe a port of the original would be best.

There are issues but nothing that can't be fixed. I wouldn't mind the original anyway...
    Oh well.
    I feel a bit of a gravedigger posting is this thread again, but I feel it's time to post here again..
    My last comment here is almost to the day a year ago. And in that time I've been working hidden in the background working on all of the graphic Assets that needed fixing. Of the 3499 Assets, I'm now done with 75% of them, leaving 900 to be fixed.

During the year that appeared to do nothing, I've silently fixing Asset after Asset, and now I've come enough though them to start posting again., sorry about not giving out more information during this process.
    I did a quick calculation earlier today and got that I've been working an a average 20-25 hours per week with this side project of moving all the maps from AA2 to AAPG.

So feel free to leave a comment here on what you think of the conversion of the maps.
    Is there anyone left playing this game that has played the "real" AA2 maps that would get a kick of playing some of the old maps again?

Again, sorry for not being more communicative, I've just been working away on those ([TOS Violation]) Assets..

• (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 649Player
    guess you missed the post about devs realising a new map pack with maps based on aa2
    Link?
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 624Beta Tester
    The information is somewhat scattered, but here is one of the posts about it:
    TheTots wrote: »
    Sandstorm is being released as part of a larger pack on PC, so it just worked out nicely that we could get that one map on PS4 first. The rest of the map pack is going to be PC only, and is planned for this summer. More details on that pack to come soon. Two of the maps are done, one is nearly done, and one is still in art.

Source: https://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/6389/america-s-army-proving-grounds-deploys-on-ps4-this-summer/p1

There is an other topic, with a different screenshot than the Sandstorm one: https://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/6358/go-camping-this-summer/p1
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
    Looking thought the second thread indicates more or less remakes to some extent.
    I'm ok with that, and to still release my version.
  • derob.Stephanderob.Stephan Posts: 62Player
    Very cool if you could make the aa2 maps working for aapg (again).
    Especially my favorites; weapons cache, pipeline and sf hospital..
  • (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 649Player
    edited May 2017
    altan are you still thinking of putting your pack as an external download or you going to publish through steam ?

Very cool if you could make the aa2 maps working for aapg (again).
    Especially my favorites; weapons cache, pipeline and sf hospital..

most aa2 maps are all ready out there
    I've thinking all along that I would some how distribute the files in a packaged solution (Most likely outside of steam) . But I'll revisit the question when I come closer to the release.
  • -ew.raw!^-ew.raw!^ Posts: 175Player
    So all i need is a server that plays AA2 maps and is not empty....anyone?
    1409304775_2240089.gif

AA2 2005 - 2015
    AA:PG 2015-
    I've now only got 660(81% complete now) statichmesh left until I can start polishing the maps.