I'm still waiting...

1789101113»

Comments

• -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,518Player
    edited March 2017
    You guys are kinda bringing disappointment on yourselves when you start pulling portfolio stuff from other projects and attempt to read too much in to them. We are just trying to stop you from getting worked up about something that has absolutely nothing to do with any projects you would care about or ever have a chance to play.

Do we work in UE4? Yes, all the time.
    Does any of that UE4 work involve AA:PG? Nope.
    Would we use UE4 on a new public facing game? More than likely. We certainly wouldn't use UE3.
    Do we plan on creating another public facing game? Sure. Hopefully. Someday. We certainly don't have anything to talk about right now though.
    So, are we still working on AA:PG stuff? Yes.
    When will you be hearing about it? In a couple months.... hopefully. Things could catch on fire between now and then.
    Is it cool? We are excited about it. Some of our players will be really excited about it as well. Others won't and that'll be okay. It won't revolutionize our core gameplay, but we are hoping it will increase the game's visibility and, as a result, increase our current player base.

For all you annoying forum users and cry baby's.

As for the rest of us maybe we can move on now and with help from other clans try to get this game on the map and get the player numbers up..
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    Just throwing this post out there to summarize this thread:
    TheTots wrote: »
    It's important to remember AA isn't the only thing we do at the Army Game Studio. As a matter of fact, it's far from the only thing! We make a lot of projects, some of it bigger than AA. From some of the most complex and realistic training simulations all the way to mobile apps and VR/AR, we're always working on a lot of exciting tech.

AA5 is not in production/preproduction at this time. It's not even certain that the next AA game would be a FPS. Every day the Army is becoming less and less about boots on the ground shooting and more about STEM fields.
    Who knows the next AA could be anything from a robotics sim to an RTS, a medical trainer to a story driven single player / co op campaign saga.
    Being a f2p game is no longer novel, and being a f2p shooter doubly so.

There is a lot of talk internally about the future of AA and it's all very exciting, don't box yourself in with one genre or nostalgia from previous versions.

AA:PG as it exists today is the game. We will continue to fix bugs and add new content as we can, but core AA:PG will remain as is. That doesn't mean we won't try to keep the game fresh and fun, but what some of you are asking for in this thread simply isn't going to happen.

wrote: »

What does "core" mean? Is that gun play, aim punch, suppression, etc? or does this mean this is the game, so deal with it?

Yes
    wrote: »
    Does add new content mean real, legit features? or just maps, skins, etc.? My question at this point is whether we can expect anything substantial going forward?

Content, not features. Maps, skins, etc is planned out for a while but no new features are planed for AA:PG at this time.

You guys are kinda bringing disappointment on yourselves when you start pulling portfolio stuff from other projects and attempt to read too much in to them. We are just trying to stop you from getting worked up about something that has absolutely nothing to do with any projects you would care about or ever have a chance to play.

Do we work in UE4? Yes, all the time.
    Does any of that UE4 work involve AA:PG? Nope.
    Would we use UE4 on a new public facing game? More than likely. We certainly wouldn't use UE3.
    Do we plan on creating another public facing game? Sure. Hopefully. Someday. We certainly don't have anything to talk about right now though.
    So, are we still working on AA:PG stuff? Yes.
    When will you be hearing about it? In a couple months.... hopefully. Things could catch on fire between now and then.
    Is it cool? We are excited about it. Some of our players will be really excited about it as well. Others won't and that'll be okay. It won't revolutionize our core gameplay, but we are hoping it will increase the game's visibility and, as a result, increase our current player base.

You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • -R@MPAGE--R@MPAGE- Posts: 151Player
    soooooo... AA5?
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    -R@MPAGE- wrote: »
    soooooo... AA5?

Coming Soon™
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 461Player
    -SD-DELTON wrote: »
    As for the rest of us maybe we can move on now and with help from other clans try to get this game on the map and get the player numbers up..

My name is -SD-Delton and I'm from the land of Cloud cuckoo.

http://www.moviesoundclips.net/embed.php?id=7933207d823cbc210a5e513b5d1fdaba
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,518Player
    -SD-DELTON wrote: »

My name is -SD-Delton and I'm from the land of Cloud cuckoo.

http://www.moviesoundclips.net/embed.php?id=7933207d823cbc210a5e513b5d1fdaba

Thanks =)
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 501Player
    -R@MPAGE- wrote: »
    soooooo... AA5?

Coming Soon™
    AA5: Bomb Defusal Robot Simulator
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 461Player

I acknowledge that this was from another project and no one should assume otherwise. The point to be made was to show the capabilities of design on a more advanced platform in a different environment all together, separate from AAPG.

Personally, I'm pursuant to push a new project that can yield better results. AAPG stinks. I hope something was learned from it and that is why you have people pumping the forums with anti-AAPG rhetoric or bringing upon themselves disappointment in hopes of a new game. Obviously you have a capable team, but the direction given in making the game successful is poor on many levels.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • Gronfather@TwitchGronfather@Twitch Posts: 466Player
    SO...this thread is long as [TOS Violation]. Read through it though, definitely a roller coaster lol. So if I'm reading this correctly somewhere in the next couple months - lets say June/July - there will be some sort of update/new content that will somehow aim to increase the amount of people that play this game. Did I get that right? If so I'm interested, because that does require quite an update/overhaul and I'm sure you know that.

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited March 2017
    I predict the next update will probably introduce any picked usermade skins, anything more will likely be bugfixes. Tots did say they were still plans for new maps, so who knows.. maybe if were lucky we'll get something like that too.

I wouldn't hold much (if any) hope for gameplay mechanic changes and/or major content updates, as they have been publicly discounted.

Or.. be an optimist like me.. and imagine that Tots is and has been winding us all up and in reality they are working on an update of magnanimous proportions :lol: in which case I'd be looking to start a petition to rename [Dev]Tots to [Dev]EpicTroll.

No better way to hide or keep secrets than to redirect peoples attention :mrgreen:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• =[101st]=Muzza455=[101st]=Muzza455 Posts: 1,101Player
    lol uni , now thats extreme wishfull thinking , and i am 100 percent with ya m8 . not holding my breath but ant update or small fix will keep me here trying to make alternative maps to the stock ones .
    I predict the next update will probably introduce any picked usermade skins, anything more will likely be bugfixes. Tots did say they were still plans for new maps, so who knows.. maybe if were lucky we'll get something like that too.

I wouldn't hold much (if any) hope for gameplay mechanic changes and/or major content updates, as they have been publicly discounted.

Or.. be an optimist like me.. and imagine that Tots is and has been winding us all up and in reality they are working on an update of magnanimous proportions :lol: in which case I'd be looking to start a petition to rename [Dev]Tots to [Dev]EpicTroll.

No better way to hide or keep secrets than to redirect peoples attention :mrgreen:
    I'm just trying to store up my optimism for AA5, which would be like AA:PG beta but way better.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    edited March 2017
    I'm just trying to store up my optimism for AA5, which would be like AA2 but way better.

FTFY
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    I'm just trying to store up my optimism for AA5, which would be like AA2 but way better.

FTFY
    I've only played since AA:PG beta so it's all I have to go off of, sorry. :( But, yeah, my hope is that it would take all of the good elements from all of the AA games and mix them into one juicy package.
  • Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    Almost a month old but it beats creating yet another thread for it.

Any chance we have any news on a Linux client for this game yet? Or at this point is it not worth it to pursue? A lot of us have been waiting eagerly. As far as I am aware, not a single world has been said about it yet and we're been through a few updates and announcements for new things (skins, maps, vip etc).

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis