I'm still waiting...

Comments

• Twitchr.Carbon8Twitchr.Carbon8 Posts: 290Player
    edited March 2017
    Sad day
    aapg4.jpg
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,187Player
    AAPG sorta came as a surprise I thought, especially since AA3 wasn't exactly a finished product, So who knows maybe it is in dev, they are just being tight lipped.

Hope so anyway!
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,124Player
    edited March 2017
    Even if AA5 is in development, Devs won't say so at this point. No one knew about AAPG until the Devs made that post in the forums asking what people wanted to see in the new game. Also who knows if Beta testers would even know until the game is ready to be tested? Even if they did, they wouldn't be allowed to tell us.

It could be quite a while. I'll check on the forum once in a while (or this thread until it's locked), but there's no point on waiting on anything new for quite some time if you've stopped playing.

They should just make a sticky here that says
    "Maps, skins, etc is planned out for a while but no new features are planed for AA:PG at this time."
    "AA5? If it existed, we wouldn't tell you about it until it's ready."
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,572Player
    Do you remember this from 7 months ago. I think it's true.
    TheTots wrote: »
    AA5 is not in production/preproduction at this time. It's not even certain that the next AA game would be a FPS. Every day the Army is becoming less and less about boots on the ground shooting and more about STEM fields.
    Who knows the next AA could be anything from a robotics sim to an RTS, a medical trainer to a story driven single player / co op campaign saga.
    Being a f2p game is no longer novel, and being a f2p shooter doubly so.

There is a lot of talk internally about the future of AA and it's all very exciting, don't box yourself in with one genre or nostalgia from previous versions.
    http://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/comment/45593/#Comment_45585
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
    edited March 2017
    -Ner0- wrote: »

Nero.. you are not allowed to be a non believer!

I will tell you why, we are the unwashed.. the clan-less.. the pub stars who have helped wreck AAPG for everyone, we must keep any and all hopes alive, remain proud and stand up to the masses, for our singular little voices can be heard.. we are the last of our kind, we choose to be members of a worldwide non-association untitled clan, sparing ourselves from all the red tape.. the umpteen rules and regulations being in regular clans may entail.. we are AA's only hope of survival after clans and comp players come and go.

We bleed AA more than anyone here. I'm sure after all these years I don't have to recite the seven army values? + the warrior ethos? I'll spare you that.. but never admit defeat :mrgreen:

AA will rise again! after AAPG.. and I'll be darned if it aint a multiplayer FPS.

• PredictionPrediction Posts: 132Player

Nero.. you are not allowed to be a non believer!

I will tell you why, we are the unwashed.. the clan-less.. the pub stars who have helped wreck AAPG for everyone, we must keep any and all hopes alive, remain proud and stand up to the masses, for our singular little voices can be heard.. we are the last of our kind, we choose to be members of a worldwide non-association untitled clan, sparing ourselves from all the red tape.. the umpteen rules and regulations being in regular clans may entail.. we are AA's only hope of survival after clans and comp players come and go.

We bleed AA more than anyone here. I'm sure after all these years I don't have to recite the seven army values? + the warrior ethos? I'll spare you that.. but never admit defeat :mrgreen:

AA will rise again! after AAPG.. and I'll be darned if it aint a multiplayer FPS.

and then he woke up.
    edited March 2017
    Haha! lets hear your "prediction" on the future of AA then? :lol:

While we all wait patiently like googly of course, who is I'm told.. yep, he's still waiting.

AA5 is not in production/preproduction at this time. It's not even certain that the next AA game would be a FPS. Every day the Army is becoming less and less about boots on the ground shooting and more about STEM fields.
    Who knows the next AA could be anything from a robotics sim to an RTS, a medical trainer to a story driven single player / co op campaign saga.

There is a lot of talk internally about the future of AA and it's all very exciting, don't box yourself in with one genre or nostalgia from previous versions.

I remember, but a lot can change over that period of time. We'll see what happens. I personally don't expect to hear anything new until at least 2018.
  • CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 500Player
    Whiplash27 wrote: »

I remember, but a lot can change over that period of time. We'll see what happens. I personally don't expect to hear anything new until at least 2018.
    Yep, that sounds about right.

If they learn from past versions and get the opinions of the right people, AA5 could be amazing. Here's hoping!
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 446Player
    I've read a few Dev statements along the lines of "we're happy with how X plays...". That's bad direction if you ask me in many regards. Yes they have to be happy with what they've create, but the target audience is the players. If those people aren't happy with how X plays, even the future game will fail.

AA5, should it happen, will be a difficult task in rekindling the brand. The Dev team (producers and background people included) have changed quite a bit over the years and opinions and the direction are different than with AA2/AA3. It seems this new direction and those opinions are not positively influencing the game as with AAPG. They really need to take a step back and look at the big picture if AA5 is to be successful. AA5 must be developed exceptionally well from day one as to fill all of the holes people are itching for. The current continuation of delivering mediocre-at-best results is chipping away at the end of the series.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • =IK=Juggernaut=IK=Juggernaut Posts: 69Player
    The bottom line is that America's Army is a recruitment tool first, and a game second. They're not necessarily looking to please gamers. This game exists for the Army's benefit.

They don't make this game for a profit, so there's different incentives involved. When it comes down to it, their objective is to make the game that the Army wants to make.
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 446Player
    Good points - all of which I acknowledge. The question then becomes this, is 300-500 active players a suitable Army recruitment target for millions of dollars in development costs a year?

While I do follow that it is a game that the Army wants to make, it has to be a game that people flock to in order to make it a suitable recruitment tool.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
    Good Conversations here, I agree with you guys. I doubt millions have been spent per year on this game. From my understanding, this game is more a tool for them to test out different pieces for their real products, at this point AA seems like a side project, or something on the back burner. How else could they justify being happy with where the game is?

I could be wrong though, these are just observations.
  • {4F}DeadlyGrouse{4F}DeadlyGrouse Posts: 277Player
    300-500 average players and I would be that 50%+ are already to old to join the military. so saying this game is a recruiting tool is not likely. If the future of the game decides not to be an fps its a waist of military budget. IMO gaming is moving more and more towards Esports. unless the future game can be viable for Esports it will only have 3-5 hundred average players again just like now.
  • =IK=Juggernaut=IK=Juggernaut Posts: 69Player
    300-500 average players and I would be that 50%+ are already to old to join the military. so saying this game is a recruiting tool is not likely. If the future of the game decides not to be an fps its a waist of military budget. IMO gaming is moving more and more towards Esports. unless the future game can be viable for Esports it will only have 3-5 hundred average players again just like now.

Intent may be different than the result. The intent is for it to be a recruiting tool.
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,572Player
    Whiplash27 wrote: »

7 months is a short time in the U.S. Army Game Studio. ;)
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
    edited March 2017
    The bottom line is that America's Army is a recruitment tool first, and a game second. They're not necessarily looking to please gamers. This game exists for the Army's benefit.

They don't make this game for a profit, so there's different incentives involved. When it comes down to it, their objective is to make the game that the Army wants to make.

If it's a recruitment tool then it has failed miserably for the past 8 or so years. In the days of AAO/2 I remember playing with so many people who were of the age of considering the military. There were tons of active duty and retired military who would play and would talk about their experiences while they played. I can imagine from that standpoint along with some of the informational training experiences, the game definitely helped recruit people. I had even considered it myself, but I knew my parents wouldn't support such a thing (especially during the peak of the War on Terror).

When you have a game that for most of its history had only a couple months of 2K player peaks, you're not going to get all that many people playing the game and deciding that a career in the military is what they want.

I have an easier time at this point believing that either
    a) The project failed and that's why major development ceased after v1.0
    or
    b) the developers just put this game out there as a side project and see how it goes

Anyway, in May it will be about 4 years since many of us first got to play the closed beta of AAPG and August will make 4 years since open beta. The game never took off, it makes sense that with 3-4 years of this that major development would pretty much end.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,441Player
    edited March 2017
    The problem is the players that play the game to just relax and have fun with their clan members don't bother with this forum they just want to play so most of the arguments about how bad the game is in these post are always one sided....
    I for one like the game I don't want a AA5 the only problem I see is the negative post here and a few but fixes.
    The bug fixes will be done in time its a shame the negative comments by a handful of forum members cannot be fixed the same way - by the dev's removing them >:)

gKQ6BB2.png
    -SD-DELTON wrote: »
    The problem is the players that play the game to just relax and have fun with their clan members don't bother with this forum they just want to play so most of the arguments about how bad the game is in these post are always one sided....
    I for one like the game I don't want a AA5 the only problem I see is the negative post here and a few but fixes.
    The bug fixes will be done in time its a shame the negative comments by a handful of forum members cannot be fixed the same way - by the dev's removing them >:)

I strongly disagree with you. The main reason people post is because they want to advance the game. It may not be as in dire need of "putting down" as some players give it, but consider how many people have tried this game (over 2.2 million have downloaded, and installed this game) with how few people that play it today (looks like around 800 peak).

The median playtime of this game is 32 minutes. But hey, dont take my word for it, check it out yourself. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy this game. But its not all rainbows and butterflys.

https://steamdb.info/app/203290/graphs/
  • [kT]Dominus[kT]Dominus Posts: 85Player
    -SD-DELTON wrote: »

Tell that to all the people I know that stopped playing the game because they didn't like it. I have never seen their names on the forum