Jumping/Falling system, idea how to change it.

2»

Comments

• -[iG]-Leketiskis-[iG]-Leketiskis Posts: 127Player
    edited February 2017
    in my first post i mentioned its not glitch since player do land before shooting, however considering other movement its one of the things that makes a lot of people leave game, but if that will be decision then sure. BTW about 3rd one, it was instant HS after landing, what kind of decreased accuracy are we talking about? :) that was aimed during jump time and shot the same moment that landed :) And about that there always going to be ones that complain, yeah like 90% of people minimum, considering that on forum here is mostly just the most active ones, and not total noobs that stopped playing this game after multiple kills like this :) I'm talking for quite big community, not just my own ideas, since I was quite ok with that jumping shooting thing, always explaining guys that they shot only after landing, but more and more guys left game because of things like this.

I personally would support different code, that allows running nades with drasticlly reduced accuracy to just trow them into some room, shooting while running with accuracy close to hipfire sniper, and 0.5 second or less reduced accuracy after falling or jumping. all those delay thing of shooting but then going stright into 100% accuracy is just working around harder coding. but since game went this way, i think that this kind of jumping and shooting should be controlled a bit more in this game.

Lol, noticed that someone started calling people to vote for different route :D well i hope developers will see those videos and come up with decision and make a point why is it so.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    If your aim is on point it's an easy kill because you are scoped in when you land, so 100% accuracy with this patch. Still, there would need to be another way for an attacker to push. Sliding in is completely screwed now. Given that it was broken before that's fine I guess but we can't just remove every mechanic allowing for offensive plays and not worry about the consequences.
  • -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 762Player
    edited February 2017
    They removed the fast leaning, now you want them to remove jumping? Soon there is only campers in the game...
    To balance the jumping mechanic right now they have to code basically everything to keep the game balanced. I wouldn't mind they fixing the animations though.
    BTW, like many people saying: the jumping mechanic might be to agressive but it still requires skill to deliver the kills, and you had more then enough time to grab 1st and 2nd kills.

Over 1.4k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • =IK=.Scooby=IK=.Scooby Posts: 119Player
    First people wanna screw up sliding, then they wanted to screw up quick peaking(which still kinda works but not nearly as well), now jumping is too OP.

Wonder what else we can do to make the game so much easier for people who just like to corner camp, god forbid they actually get good at the game.

Decisions like those previous two and one like this is why the comp community is pretty much dead(well, these things, no new worth while maps in regards to comp since Intercept(which was what, 2 years ago now?), devs showing a lack of care for the game(whether this is due to them not caring or just not having the funds or permission to update the game), etc). We're down to 5 main teams right now, one of which didn't show up to it's match last night(and doesn't play the game outside of match day anyway), another of which is a new one (MX, shout out to them for trying to bring some extra activity to the comp scene), and of the other 3(KT, IK, i9), one(IK) won't be around after this season, as we can barely get anyone online to play as it is.

All this game and the majority of it's community does anymore is cater to terrible players([TOS Violation] there's some servers that have banned jumping, as hilarious as that is, and god forbid you get a positive KD in most clan servers, that's a bannable offense now adays). I mean the game is already dead/done for anyway, so at this point it's just whatever, but it's really sad what this community has come to.
  • I cant even understand why people discuss a mechanism of the game that can actually be considered a ''bug'' , mainly for the people that can't do it, obviously. First of all, the game has way worst problems than the ''jumping and shooting'', the game is heavy for the quality that deliver, slow on every point of mechanics and so on. I think the called ''comunity'' should actually spend their time on other stuff, cuz the game is bad and dead. ns alex
    It wasn't this that killed the competition, but its what making number of total players decrease nad that influence the competition.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Far worse things are making people leave this game.. ie. headaches from all the screen shaking.. horrible maps

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 501Player
    It's fine, I wish you could shoot while jumping, too (albeit with a lot of inaccuracy). It's annoying how you stop shooting when falling off of something, too.

It does majorly crack me up that some servers kick for this.
    well if we talking towards leaving jumping and shooting after landing, or shooting in mid air, then sliding and other things should have that too. The problem is that after not having any shooting power, you suddenly get a 100% accuracy, i mean you still have to aim for target, but it could be like super bad aim while sliding, and it gets better when sliding animation goes to an end, basically gaining that 100% like few milliseconds after jump or slide action completed. And yeah i agree on multiple other comments about that screen shaking :D that nade exploding oter side of map and making screen shake is annoying as F :D I'm not necessary asking to remove jumping, but the way it works now compared to other things is quite a nonsense :)
  • [Prt_Dictator][Prt_Dictator] Posts: 275Player
    edited February 2017
    Whether you agree or not with jumping being effective, its obvious that there is a desync in the animations which looks like the guy is shooting in the air.
    I don't know if its fixable because its related to latency and how animations replicate between clients but fixing that should be the priority before worrying about balance. If what we saw was closer to whats actually happening there would be no issue and nothing to balance.
    I wouldn't be in favor of sliding and shooting, heck I don't even like the sliding feature in itself. Regarding jumping and shooting, I mean if its going to be inaccurate then why have it, just adds luck which is the same as randomness imo.. I think 1v1 engagements are too random as it is, no need to add to it.

I'd either leave jumping and shooting as it is now or add the split second delay in shooting as suggested, I think that would eliminate a small "arcade" feeling out of the game while playing pub and as far as comp goes.. I just dont see it used that often, against good players its not as effective as in pubs.

BTW, i can bet that most of guys going for jumping and shooting has tickrates adjusted in their ini files to something over default 30. Try playing with default and then talk about that thing beeing balanced. How many default players you think change that? and when was the last time you tried kill somebody jumping with default tickrate. Default tickrate is too small for having those kind of things, and i understand that this kind of tickrate is used since, having higher requires much more CPU power on server and your own computers.
    Don't think you can change your own tick rate. ... it's a server setting that effects everyone in that server..

not really, if server has tickrate higher, you still can't have better then what is your clients max. whoever know this for sure please fix me.
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,032Moderator
    You can change your "client" tickrate all you like, the server isnt going to send more than the setting anyway(default 30)
    ss_4_frankof.png
    What if server has 90, and your client has 30? you get 90, or 30?
  • {4F}DeadlyGrouse{4F}DeadlyGrouse Posts: 277Player
    What if server has 90, and your client has 30? you get 90, or 30?
    I'm going to guess you get 90 but one of the devs already said that you can change the server tick all you want and it wont effect anything because the engine cant do better than 30
  • cobain^_^cobain^_^ Posts: 12Player
    For me it seems that players who so much fight against jumping and shooting, are bitter because being shot so many times by them, because theres lack of skill or something that prevents it. Have you ever considered, that these who have shot you, have just more experience in this game than you, and have quicker reflexes etc.?

It seems that these who fight against this normal part of game, are fighting and fighting even so, that they try to explain against it with many inaccurate statements and whatever that might be a negative thing about jumping and shooting or players who do it.

Do you think that these players are probably criminals in real life, using hacks in game, beating elders etc.? ;-)