Hip fire V.S Scope fire

Ok, which is better? I know Hip fire is good close range but is it good long range? My friend says that it is mostly accurate at long range. I like to sight/scope at long/close range but is it worth it?
So what are your guys thoughts?

~Thanks!

Comments

• [LS]Khaner[LS]Khaner Posts: 25Player
    I'm that friend by the way and to clarify, I am saying this about the M4.
  • CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 500Player
    It's pretty good at close to medium range, but it is considerably easier to use sights at long range. No sights is when you're up close or caught off guard.
  • }{Gorilla}{}{Gorilla}{ Posts: 673Administrator
    I think it can vary on your accuracy and hand and eye coordination. I usually do what comes natural.
  • Twitchr.Carbon8Twitchr.Carbon8 Posts: 288Player
    When hip fire works, its great. However the devs programmed in randomness to the aim.... so its really a roll of the dice. I hipfire way more than i should, because thats how I did it in AA2. Our new frag video has a couple of accross the map headshots using hipfire.

• I always prefer scope to hipfire

sometimes like a nub I even scope at CQB when I should be hipfire(im my opinion)

I dont recommend using hipfire for long ranges, never works for me at least

p.s. nice clip Carbon

• Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 503Beta Tester
    edited February 2017
    In my experience hipfire is not too bad on the first shot (with weapons like M4, M16, M249...), however it quickly looses accuracy when firing multiple shots. That inaccuracy comes from the recoil itself and the hipfire cone getting wider the longer you spray.

It's definitely a good close range or panic fire option, but I still prefer to use the scope in most situations (even at close range) because it gives me a little advantage over hipfire. I mean on a certain range you might hit 4 out of 5 shots when hipfiring, but you can do 5/5 with the scope if you can control the recoil.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,181Player
    I very rarely hipfire.. only in emergency CQB situations when sighting up wouldn't make sense. I mean by the time I'd got the eye to it, in that kind of scenario.. I'd be eating the floor :lol:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• Dr.FeelbadDr.Feelbad Posts: 5Player
    It's pretty good at close to medium range, but it is considerably easier to use sights at long range. No sights is when you're up close or caught off guard.
    I think it can vary on your accuracy and hand and eye coordination. I usually do what comes natural.
    When hip fire works, its great. However the devs programmed in randomness to the aim.... so its really a roll of the dice. I hipfire way more than i should, because thats how I did it in AA2. Our new frag video has a couple of accross the map headshots using hipfire.

I always prefer scope to hipfire

sometimes like a nub I even scope at CQB when I should be hipfire(im my opinion)

I dont recommend using hipfire for long ranges, never works for me at least

p.s. nice clip Carbon
    In my experience hipfire is not too bad on the first shot (with weapons like M4, M16, M249...), however it quickly looses accuracy when firing multiple shots. That inaccuracy comes from the recoil itself and the hipfire cone getting wider the longer you spray.

It's definitely a good close range or panic fire option, but I still prefer to use the scope in most situations (even at close range) because it gives me a little advantage over hipfire. I mean on a certain range you might hit 4 out of 5 shots when hipfiring, but you can do 5/5 with the scope if you can control the recoil.
    I very rarely hipfire.. only in emergency CQB situations when sighting up wouldn't make sense. I mean by the time I'd got the eye to it, in that kind of scenario.. I'd be eating the floor :lol:

Thanks for the help guys!