Make our next weapon skins!

Comments

• DOMINATION.DOMINATION. Posts: 83Player
    Oh dear :scream: You may have to hang on 10 years whilst I get some proper design education haha! :lol:

You can make pretty accurate tiger patterns messing with Clouds and Wave renders ;)
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,187Player
    Oh dear :scream: You may have to hang on 10 years whilst I get some proper design education haha! :lol:

You can make pretty accurate tiger patterns messing with Clouds and Wave renders ;)

I know right, I can even make a stickman in microsoft paint dude.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Can you clarify on use of the default skins?

It's fine to modify one's we already have in game, just can't grab stuff off of google for example.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 550Beta Tester
    TheTots wrote: »
    Can you clarify on use of the default skins?

It's fine to modify one's we already have in game, just can't grab stuff off of google for example.

Does this include free-to-use (for any purposes) textures?
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
    edited January 2017
    That should be just fine!
    Our concern is people taking random images from google or other sources that they do not know if they have rights to use.

• -=[VGO]=-mmchaos-=[VGO]=-mmchaos Posts: 83Moderator
    can you change to 3rd person while doing "play level" in the editor?? i cant see all of the skin and i would like too.
    test-tag.jpg
    You are only making a first person mesh, we'll be making the 3rd person mesh in-house.

• -=[VGO]=-mmchaos-=[VGO]=-mmchaos Posts: 83Moderator
    not when its droped. but in spectate i need to see the stock and lower reciever better so i can art it up some more
    test-tag.jpg
  • [Dev]Rawrster[Dev]Rawrster Posts: 329Developer
    Remember you can press 'L' to take a better look at the weapon.
    edited January 2017
    The console command "behindview" (without the quotes) seems to be disabled in AA's UE3 version of the editor. Which would have probably done what you wanted.

You can however pan/zoom the view of the whole weapon around in the material instance editor, after you've applied your texture/skin to it, which will give you a 360 degree view of the whole thing. If that helps?

2q1h2j9.jpg

• Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    edited February 2017
    This is so awesome! I can't say that I'll be able to do it or well at all, but I will definitely check it out.

I just can't wait to see what the community comes up with. :)
    TheTots wrote: »
    Flatlander wrote: »
    Are unicorns and rainbows allowed?

Not only allowed but expected.

dy1kr9841n74.jpg

hahaha

EDIT

What about online resources that are free to use? I don't know what the correct term for it is, but some sites or artists allow their texture dumps to be used without restriction. Are images like that okay, so long as it itself is not based off of or actually is copyright material like Star Wars (for example)?

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • [Dev]Rawrster[Dev]Rawrster Posts: 329Developer
    t about online resources that are free to use? I don't know what the correct term for it is, but some sites or artists allow their texture dumps to be used without restriction. Are images like that okay, so long as it itself is not based off of or actually is copyright material like Star Wars (for example)?

Yes, this is fine.

edited February 2017
    t about online resources that are free to use? I don't know what the correct term for it is, but some sites or artists allow their texture dumps to be used without restriction. Are images like that okay, so long as it itself is not based off of or actually is copyright material like Star Wars (for example)?

Yes, this is fine.

Cool! Thanks for the answer. :)

EDIT

Is there any way at all to export the default skins to the weapons? I can't for the life of me figure out how to do this. It could really help with constructing skins.

EDIT 2

Nevermind, I figured out a method of extracting the textures of the weapons at their proper sizes and resolutions. I just haven't figured out how to extract all texture skins for weapons and not just the default skins.

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
    edited February 2017

Thanks! It helps a lot! :)

EDIT

You should link to the thread at the steam guide too.

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    Any ETA/update for the M249 UV map issue? :rage:

Any ETA/update for the M249 UV map issue? :rage:

DM me.

• PhilippovichPhilippovich Posts: 218Player
    So when are these skins getting released? feels like ages since that "update" was released.
    It's only been 4 weeks, they are probably waiting and hoping for more entries.

• DOMINATION.DOMINATION. Posts: 83Player
    I've been slow with working on mine.. i should knuckle down and get it finished