First impressions

12346»

Comments

• [kT]Dominus[kT]Dominus Posts: 85Player
    Most games that want to keep actively supporting competitive play keep changing the game to go with what it is becoming, because the game is never played in a way they could have imagined it. If how they want it played is forced on the players, which is how I personally have felt with some of the updates (no, I don't think all the updates are bad by any means), then it will keep losing players. What I need to keep in mind is that the 6v6 community is MUCH smaller than the 12v12 one... so what happens is not what we want always, because the gameplay is that much different. ( I mean be honest do the devs even know that 6v6 servers exist when we don't remind them?)
  • [kT]B4DSEED[kT]B4DSEED Posts: 26Player
    Tens0r time limits are shortened a little for normal competition. There isn't really anything wrong with the play style, the person peeking in any normal game actually has an advantage assuming they know where you are. I only agree with you guys in a couple ways.

There HAS to be a way to be completely silent in the game, even in tactical mode crouching people can hear you from quite a distance. Sway could be taken down a notch, it doesn't really have a reason to be that high. Anyone can control it easily but it just adds another thing someone has to memorize, and I think it would make it easier on people to have less recoil. Either that or lessen the penalty from being injured. Full health recoil control is pretty easy, it just gets stupid when you are hurt.
  • [kT]Tens0r-[kT]Tens0r- Posts: 14Player
    Thanks Doba. And Badseed, of course, I agree that the player holding the angle will always have the advantage (since the peeker doesn't know the exact spot/position they are in), and that's fine. What I'm saying is that that advantage is much higher in this game than in CS or COD. This is because of the inconsistent recoil and the weapon sway.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Beta Tester
    Yep. I can vouch for Doba here.

He has definitely used up a lot of those posts saying the same thing.....

:awesome:
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Thanks Doba. And Badseed, of course, I agree that the player holding the angle will always have the advantage (since the peeker doesn't know the exact spot/position they are in), and that's fine. What I'm saying is that that advantage is much higher in this game than in CS or COD. This is because of the inconsistent recoil and the weapon sway.

With the higher movement speed of CS there is even something called the peaker's advantage which can be seen in competitive play quite nicely. No idea about CoD but I'll definitely agree with the defender being in an advantage in AAPG because the movement is so darn slow and sloppy. Even leaning (which was kinda broken to be fair) doesn't help that situation anymore. It's all about teamplay/mapcontrol and more importantly nades now, not quite sure if I like it or not.
    edited January 2017
    Another possible thing that could aide competitive play, would be to get rid of the ability to cook grenades and make it so you throw the grenades further. This would stop the cheapness of cooking a grenade to just chuck it around a corner and would allow players to develop set nades, to support/stop rushes.
  • [kT]B4DSEED[kT]B4DSEED Posts: 26Player
    Cooking a grenade is pretty important. You'll never get a kill with an uncooked grenade. If you're just looking to make grenades a little more strategic there could be the possibility of slowing you down while you have a grenade out, or maybe make throwing not 100% accurate of you are moving
    I think we have different ideas of what I mean when I say "set nades" what i'm proposing will great increase a grenades usability. Here's an example (from cod4 --->

Just look at how grenades are used to stop potential rushes and also kill common spots. Just having the ability to throw grenades further will enable us to make set nades like this. Also another thing that removing the feature of "cooking" would do is allow us to make nade lineups with the crosshair.
    Cooking grenades is providing a cheap and easy way to kill someone, not really contributing competitiveness. You'd obviously want the already mentioned further throw range and probably a shorter fuse time. Besides there are already set nades that you don't cook. Removing the cooking would prevent from quick peak cooked nades (again, really cheap mechanic and in no way competitive unless you consider counting to five challenging) while still allowing to nade frequently used positions.

That being said I'm sure most comp players will defend their cooked nades.
    edited January 2017
    I don't know about a shorter fuse because we wouldn't want our grenades blowing up in the air. Having that five second fuse w/o the ability to cook and a farther range, would mean grenades would be most affectively used to delay the enemy team from gaining map control. This is done by throwing nades where enemies rush and obviously the enemy team will have to wait for the grenade to blow or risk getting killed.
    I don't know about a shorter fuse because we wouldn't want our grenades blowing up in the air. Having that five second fuse w/o the ability to cook and a farther range, would mean grenades would be most affectively used to delay the enemy team from gaining map control. This is done by throwing nades where enemies rush and obviously the enemy team will have to wait for the grenade to blow or risk getting killed.

Yeah, obviously depends on how far you would be able to throw. With how small the comp maps are you currently need to cook most nades, even the farthest ones. With more range and thus greater height you might be fine with the current fuse time, it just needs to be balanced out correctly for the maps. It's really difficult though with a few maps being bigger and I really don't think any league would support this idea. Not really a fan of those CoD style sky nades but CS:GO does it very nicely with their physics for example. It's definitely something I'd like to try out but I doubt this is something the devs would consider.
  • [kT]Trigga[kT]Trigga Posts: 102Player
    Cooking a grenade is essential. If it's going to be updated as badseed said, you will never get a kill with an uncooked nade.. and what maps are u playing bc "set nades" would be more likely with a no fuse and longer throw distance. I personally think the grenades are fine. The blast radius used to be rediculous until it was nerfed.
    edited January 2017
    Very curious to hear what the devs think. Have they tested any of these ideas and/or what specific reason do they have for this style of nade use? Because with the two of biggest competitive arcade shooters (CoD4 and CSGO) that ability was removed for good reason. Im just curious :P
    Other than that it was that way in previous versions no idea, it's not even realistic which this game mostly focuses on.