Why doesn't the game get new guns,equipment and stuff?

Discoverd the game about one day ago.I have been wondering why the game has so little weapons,attachements and stuff like that.I know its made by the army but why?

Comments

• 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    I've been wondering the same thing for years. Personally I think major development on this game is done. JMO.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 461Player
    I wouldn't say development is done. Development will go back to how it was prior to beta and as in all previous versions. It will be like a decent update every 6 months. Enjoy!?!?
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,613Beta Tester
    What benefit would the different weapons and attachment have for the game beyond the roles already provided? A bullet is a bullet, and frankly complexity adds even MORE bugs and room for complaint.

Make a business case for it.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    Typically games have updates regularly and between new maps being revealed, weapons, and attachments fill the void of anticipation for the next new thing. Most of the shooters today have numerous weapons, attachments, ammo types, etc. It's the big market affect, hitting the smaller studios.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    What benefit would the different weapons and attachment have for the game beyond the roles already provided? A bullet is a bullet, and frankly complexity adds even MORE bugs and room for complaint.

You really should play csgo you'd get a better understanding of gun play and roles.
    As for attachments we've gone through it 100 times .. suppressor make things quiet.. bipod makes gives support ability.. a foregrip could eliminate sway, 203?!... etc

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • DOMINATION.DOMINATION. Posts: 84Player

I'm sure it's not beyond a development studio to add a weapon to their own game.
  • [Prt_Dictator][Prt_Dictator] Posts: 275Player

The answer to this question is in the OP, a new player that is surprised by the lack of content.
    Is that not the whole purpose of the game and the reason behind the decisions that were made, to get new players?
    Idk, it seems to me like its worth thinking about...
    Plenty of threads here and in the archive forums sell it in different ways. Let's be honest, if we could sell something to the developers, we wouldn't be playing AAPG.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
    What benefit would the different weapons .. A bullet is a bullet.

Just No.. not when one bullet gives more damage that another, or when one is more accurate that the others, or when a bunch come at you faster than others #rate of fire .. or when one gun increases ones mobility.. similar to the effect of an iron sight, some good at a distance e others in tight corners.. as you can see a bullet is not just a bullet.. add some [TOS Violation] flavour to this game already

• (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 649Player
    haha , we keep [TOS Violation] and asking , but you know we aint going to get ,

we aint " special forces" like the 1st and best Americas army ,
    its still "proving grounds" you're lucky to have bullets
  • Odin[DK]Odin[DK] Posts: 31Beta Tester
    AlphaCos wrote: »
    Discoverd the game about one day ago.I have been wondering why the game has so little weapons,attachements and stuff like that.I know its made by the army but why?

The game is made, so it reflects the US Army - infantry unit. Henceforth the weapons we have available in AA:PG reflects the standard weapons used by the US Army in a regular infantry unit.
  • underwareunderware Posts: 23Player
    another idea would be full gun skins. If i wanted to play with a SCAR, ACR, FAMAS, G36, it would just re-skin the M4, still keeping M4 traits and behavior. Sure it doesn't change the dynamics of gameplay, but it will keep players interested.

Maybe this could be the first "step" before implementing new gun behaviors, sounds, attachments, etc. [TOS Violation], make the new gun skins unlocks!

Just bouncing ideas with you guys.....

So you guys that have piped up since the OP already don't like the game mechanics and ongoing issues, and yet you want to pile more stuff on top because....variety?

I'd like it too, don't get me wrong, but wouldn't you all like your basic complaints addressed first?

You want even MORE varied weapon mechanics and ballistic parameters, time invested in new models and skins, etc, etc, plus what role they would take in AAPG? (see Odin's post above)

The answer to all this is staring you in the face, but I can't say any more than I have.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    I'd like it too, don't get me wrong, but wouldn't you all like your basic complaints addressed first?

That was what Beta was supposed to be. Someone didn't take or apply the feedback appropriately and the game suffers because of that. People accept that, complain about as they always have, and now they want anything to account for the many failures. You can't fix broken. Isn't that a saying?
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
    edited January 2017
    underware wrote: »
    another idea would be full gun skins. If i wanted to play with a SCAR, ACR, FAMAS, G36, it would just re-skin the M4, still keeping M4 traits and behavior. Sure it doesn't change the dynamics of gameplay, but it will keep players interested.

Maybe this could be the first "step" before implementing new gun behaviors, sounds, attachments, etc. [TOS Violation], make the new gun skins unlocks!

That wouldn't reflect the basic idea with this game - reflecting the US Army. Not the German (G36) or the French (FAMAS) armies, or whichever weapon has been suggested.
    If you want different skins - do the weapon challenges, and change skins at your discretion.
    Everyone has the same chance in this game, it just takes practice and patience to earn the different skins and perks e.g. different scopes.

I actually remember one time, someone seriously suggested to add zombies to the game?????
    Odin[DK] wrote: »

That wouldn't reflect the basic idea with this game - reflecting the US Army. Not the German (G36) or the French (FAMAS) armies, or whichever weapon has been suggested.
    If you want different skins - do the weapon challenges, and change skins at your discretion.

I actually remember one time, someone seriously suggested to add zombies to the game?????

But AA2 could?.. AAO had half the stuff were asking for and was the true game recruiting tool, AAPG is NOT.. they've stated this many times and I highly doubt some new guns and attachments will change anyones view on the army

=IK=Doba= wrote: »

But AA2 could?.. AAO had half the stuff were asking for and was the true game recruiting tool, AAPG is NOT.. they've stated this many times and I highly doubt some new guns and attachments will change anyones view on the army

Please read my above post again.
  • DOMINATION.DOMINATION. Posts: 84Player
    I'd be all for ditching the "proving grounds" artwork if it means us getting equipment the Rangers have access to.
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »

Please read my above post again.

You do what you have to, to make the game succeed! Our enemies are made up, they fight with Russian and Solviet Union guns, so it wouldn't be a far stretch if we used some foreign guns.

Oh, come on, almost NONE of you thought the Dev Hand Gun was a good addition to the game!
    ______

This discussion has been closed.