lagg and warpy

Since the last update is the lag getting worse for everyone?
ss_4_-%3Dd3g%3D-sailan.png

Comments

• Duke_AudiDuke_Audi Posts: 348Beta Tester
    I say yes but, it’s not all the time for me. I’m not sure what’s causing it either.
    I do have video and screen snips showing that I had a ping of 106-110 to a known server back in January of 2016. Now a year later, January 2017, I have anywhere from 145 to 160 ping to that same server. Is that causing the laggy feel? Well it sure isn’t helping it but, that doesn’t explain why I have occasional lag on servers where I routinely average pings of 60-75.

015c0ab623b454cffe80c9c007fbb62f21aeac80.jpg
  • [DHG]=RyansPrivates-[DHG]=RyansPrivates- Posts: 60Player
    edited January 2017
    For myself personally, fluctuating pings are quite normal 2-8 difference in current maps. Then maybe a +/- 10-15 ping on next map.
    But lately, and specifically on known GameServers' servers, are getting frequent ping spikes to all players (300+ ping), and this usually affects the players from 3-10 seconds. All the pings slowly climb back down.
    I've seen this happen as much as 3 times in the course of a couple hours.
    And this would indicate a Data Center issue, not necessarily an America's Army issue.

As for lag, there are many factors. I myself haven't noticed any, other than the usual player warping, when users play on WiFi or a shotty connection to the game.
    i7-6700k water 4.7
    ASUS 6gb 1060
    16gb Corsair DDR4

• ~Gorilla~~Gorilla~ Posts: 777Administrator
    I personally have this lag issue ever unless I am downloading or the player with the lowest ping in my servers are running the game on a badly out dated computer. If your renting a server and the server connects to the person with the lowest ping and that person is using a bad pc/ laptop everyone else feels the effects.
  • ~Gorilla~~Gorilla~ Posts: 777Administrator
    Of coarse it does not mean that it HAS to be the player with the lowest ping!
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,612Beta Tester
    I don't know how many people watch news but there's been some pretty heavy cyber attacks in North America etc since October. I think the Internet may be a little wonky.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • Keebler750 wrote: »
    I don't know how many people watch news but there's been some pretty heavy cyber attacks in North America etc since October. I think the Internet may be a little wonky.

That would explain the lagg spikes, even for EU servers if the Auth server is getting slapped by it.
  • [DHG]=RyansPrivates-[DHG]=RyansPrivates- Posts: 60Player
    edited January 2017
    Definitely some Data Center issues. On my personal hosted server, i can run 12v12 and can't think of one time getting a lag spike that affects the whole server.
    i7-6700k water 4.7
    ASUS 6gb 1060
    16gb Corsair DDR4