Need a NEW Server Auth User/Pass???

[DHG]=RyansPrivates-[DHG]=RyansPrivates- Posts: 60Player
edited January 2017 in Server Support
Purchased a GameServers .com 24person server 2 weeks ago.
Registered the IP with AA. Got online once i put the Auth username/pass in command line.
While trying to get ACI/GGC to stream, I was instructed by GGC to "Wipe" and "Re-install" server, and proceed to input pbsv/user commands fresh.

Well, I did all that. Put in Auth for AA IP in like normal. Restarted Server. Stuck in "Initialize" mode, for 24+ hours. GameServers just had the bright idea, that my Server Auth username needs to be re-registered, because it's not "accepting" brackets for the command line. (Auth Username: [LS]name)
which is what it accepted before and ran for 2 weeks.

This seems highly unlikely.
So, wondering if anyone knows, or any Mods/Devs have any insight about re-registering a server IP, and/or issue related success.
Thanks
i7-6700k water 4.7
ASUS 6gb 1060
16gb Corsair DDR4

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,612Beta Tester
    If something worked before, and it isn't now.....it's on THEIR end. And it can't be AAPG server Auth, because then there would be zero servers up and running. Is the server box hung? Sounds weird.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • I don't know of what would cause the server to be "hung". I'm sure it is, but the function buttons i have access to are pretty much, 'Stop Server' and 'Restart Server'. Which i have done multiple times. I see that the config files for the server are being uploaded and transmitted via ftp file browser. Which would cause the command line to take as well. ??
    But they are telling me i need to re-register the IP with a new user/pass. haven't heard back from AA yet.
    i7-6700k water 4.7
    ASUS 6gb 1060
    16gb Corsair DDR4

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,612Beta Tester
    I'm not The Guy to talk to on this, but I see ZERO reason to re-register the IP, especially if it's the same IP....it will be persistent on the AAPG Auth database. But...I'm not The Guy. :)
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.