Weird performance on Recent AMD build.

[FLT]-VvN[FLT]-VvN Posts: 8Player
Hi, my name is vicente and I'm a oldschool Chilean player from AA 2.5. Recently (5 days) I bought some parts and made my own Pc for my glorious return to the AA servers. The specs are the following:
-CPU AMD FX-8320E X8 3,2 GHz (AM3+) running at 4,0 GHz
-VGA Sapphire AMD Radeon NITRO RX 470 8GB GDDR5
-RAM 2 x G.Skill DDR3 4GB 1333MHz
-PSU Cougar 550W 80Plus Bronze CMX 550
-WINDOWS 10 64 bits Up to date
-Latest AMD DRIVERS

I play at 1080. Temps are ok (CPU 45-55 VGA 55-73) under heavy load depending on ambient temperature. Games run at max like Witcher 3, everything on Ultra (Hairworks off) at 55-60 fps Vsync on.

BUT, because there is always a but. . . AA:PG runs at 30-65 on low or at max the frames perform sligthly different (maybe a 7 fps difference) on a 12vs12 map.Is this the performance that is should be expect?
Because I have a friend that plays on a intel build 4460 and GTX970 and his frames wont go under 100. I say knowing of course that the 4460 outperforms my 8320E. But outperforms to a 70 fps dip?
Also I get a weird lag when a flash is going to explode.

Hoping someone could help me and tell me if this is what I should expect from this build.

CHILE.

Comments

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    The flash bang issue is known for AMD cards and there is no fix for it. Here's one of the countless threads about it: http://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/comment/48183/
  • [FLT]-VvN[FLT]-VvN Posts: 8Player
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    The flash bang issue is known for AMD cards and there is no fix for it. Here's one of the countless threads about it: http://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/comment/48183/

Thats kind of sad considering that this build was for this game
    CHILE.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    I'd rebuild your build.. games perfect

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    Steam Store page should read AAPG recommends Nvidia for best gaming experience :lol:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

Going for a Intel i5-4570 at the end of the month only for this game. Fingers crossed.
    CHILE.
    Just FYI, It's highly likely that the AMD GPU is at fault, not your CPU.

Oh god what i have done. I thought a made a good research on performance.
    CHILE.
    Oh, It's a good GPU, but if you bought it just for AAPG you unfortunately made a wrong decision, since AMD GPU's and AAPG do not work well together, for reasons nobody knows. I had a ATi 6970 and had horrible microstutters and freezes, since I was due an upgrade I went with Nvidia and have since had zero issues.

Your AMD card will be fine on other games.. it's a good card.

Vicente wrote: »

The price-performance ratio on that card is very good, just AAPG and AMD cards don't work well together.

You said you got it 5 days ago so aren't you able to return it still? If you really only/mainly play AAPG that would be your best option IMO.

The price-performance ratio on that card is very good, just AAPG and AMD cards don't work well together.

You said you got it 5 days ago so aren't you able to return it still? If you really only/mainly play AAPG that would be your best option IMO.

Here in Chile company dont respect the returning policies like in other countries. Maybe I should stick to minecraft untill my next build. (joke)
    CHILE.
    Anyways, ty all for the fast responses. I really hope a that optimization for AMD is on the checklist of devs.

PS: Glad to see that AA community is alive as the old days
    CHILE.
    edited January 2017
    Anyways, ty all for the fast responses. I really hope a that optimization for AMD is on the checklist of devs.

PS: Glad to see that AA community is alive as the old days

Sorry but not gonna happen. This issue occurs since over a year ago and devs said there is nothing they can do about it.

Edit: Above is regarding the flash freezes, although I doubt that they are looking into AMD performance improvements either. I'm sure you can do a few optimizations on your side though.
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,071Moderator
    Other way around i would guess, AMD CPU's has considerably weaker performance per cycle, especially per core.
    Just the statement that the performance is about the same regardless of graphical settings suggest that the bottleneck is in the CPU, it simply cant feed the card fast enough.

With that said, historically nvidia has performed better on UE3 based games.

ss_4_frankof.png
  • L0rdDamianL0rdDamian Posts: 833Player

Thats kind of sad considering that this build was for this game

Try running Windows 7 64b and see if you still have issues, if that doesn't effect any warranties on your pc.
  • ~Gorilla~~Gorilla~ Posts: 783Administrator
    Also just a FYI the thread posted DOES work on fixing your flash bang issue with AMD Cards. Mayby not for everyone but I know 4 players it has help not including myself.
  • L0rdDamianL0rdDamian Posts: 833Player
    Also just a FYI the thread posted DOES work on fixing your flash bang issue with AMD Cards. Mayby not for everyone but I know 4 players it has help not including myself.

i wish, they just should change the flash effect instead of this giant white orb exploding in your face to something simple, less stressful effect if you ask me. This is what happens if i get flashes :lol:

flash effect on system.
    Ahhh.. The spike of death, I don't miss getting that :lol:

FPS sky rockets due to gpu only needing to render the flash effect? Hmmm

• KodenKoden Posts: 284Player
    frankof wrote: »
    Other way around i would guess, AMD CPU's has considerably weaker performance per cycle, especially per core.
    Just the statement that the performance is about the same regardless of graphical settings suggest that the bottleneck is in the CPU, it simply cant feed the card fast enough.

With that said, historically nvidia has performed better on UE3 based games.

i highly agree with this. I used to play with a (rather old, I know) amd 1055 x6 cpu @ 2.8ghz, and I always had quite low average framerates even with a 660 (between 60 to 70 on Inner). I recently installed that card on a different cheapo Intel build with a dual core g1620 @ 2.7 ghz...the result is quite funny, the average fps are about the same, just a little less but not by much (lets say around 50 to 60).
    Derob6.jpg
    So going for a more powerfull intel "should" increase performance? because i5 4570 would be my choice even if that involves changing motherboard
    CHILE.
  • p33k?p33k? Posts: 4Player
    The real question is why did you do an AMD build with ryzen and AM4 set to release in a month or 2. SMH.