Random, rare Micro stuttering (1 second) after switching to SSD with Win 8.1

Howie_MunsonHowie_Munson Posts: 60Player
edited January 2017 in Game Support
Hi,

I played using Win 7 x64 and ASUS GTX 960 (newest drivers) + 6GB RAM on Asus Rampage II Extreme Mainboard and a 1 TB Samsung HDD.

Army was fine. No 1 second pause anywhere.

Now, using a freshly installed Win 8.1 x64, same system but using a 500gb SSD, the game randomly pauses for 1 second. Its very rare, but very annyoing if you are in combat.

I tried reading and searching but couldnt find a solution for this.
And RAM settings are fine in BIOS. Internet connection and PING is excellent.

Any ideas welcome.

Comments

• ~Gorilla~~Gorilla~ Posts: 793Administrator
    There are so many thinks that could be the cause of that. I would ask if you able to check your resolution or record it so you can post it, If you do record it please record with the FPS stats turned on.
  • Howie_MunsonHowie_Munson Posts: 60Player
    The problem is, it can happen after 10 minutes or after 40 minutes, but Ill see what I can do regarding recording.
  • I would recommend switching back to Windows 7, I've nothing else then issues after i went to W10, so it's possible that W8 is just as bad if its not even worse.
  • ~Gorilla~~Gorilla~ Posts: 793Administrator
    You can also check to make sure your gc is up to date and windows 10.
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,077Moderator
    Useful command: stat unitgraph

Run it and when you see the stutter, observe that graph, the colors could give a lead to where to begin to look.
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Player
    I've been suddenly getting these one second-ish pauses recently after no apparent changes in my system over the course of the game. I have no idea what changed! :(

This is within the last two weeks.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • ^]-[ammer_T!me!^]-[ammer_T!me! Posts: 91Player
    I know my suggestion will seem counter intuitive(since you bought SSD, you want fast loading times), but try uninstalling the game and then installing again but to a different drive(HDD, another SSD if you have it).
    When I did that, I used my secondary SSD and all the micro stutters disappeared.

i5 4690K/970GTX/16GB/XL2411/Win10

aastats.com
    I also stumbled across some SSD owners that have the same random stutter in other games using a SSD.

I got to backup my old HDD and will then reinstall it into the system to place Steam/Army on it.
    Until then Ill try "stat unitgraph"
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Player
    Way, way, back in 'the day' maybe even before AA1.0 we used to have a HD cache stutter issue in games, awfully similar to this. It was considered "normal" back then.

However, NO hardware or software changes on my end in the last 3 months, and all of a sudden, last two weeks I'm getting this after being immune to it forever. Like the rest of you, I'd love to track it down!
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    edited January 2017
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    Way, way, back in 'the day' maybe even before AA1.0 we used to have a HD cache stutter issue in games, awfully similar to this. It was considered "normal" back then.

However, NO hardware or software changes on my end in the last 3 months, and all of a sudden, last two weeks I'm getting this after being immune to it forever. Like the rest of you, I'd love to track it down!

"Glad" to hear Im not alone with this. :/

Having "stat unitgraph" activated now, but nothing yet.
  • Duke_AudiDuke_Audi Posts: 348Beta Tester
    edited January 2017
    I have been experiencing the same thing. For me it usually happens within the first 10 – 30 seconds. Although I have also had them mid game.
    We thought it was a client/server sync issue due to my unorthodox connection method. I tether my computers wirelessly to my cell phone to get internet access. I run Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. Although I do have an SSD the game is on my SCSI HD. Never had any major issues until recently.
    015c0ab623b454cffe80c9c007fbb62f21aeac80.jpg
  • iNv|roKis-iNv|roKis- Posts: 420Player
    edited January 2017
    Windows 8.1. problem detected.
    Bhop is a string of jumps with no interruptions.
    It is still happening. Freezing for 1 second.

And when it does, for example when running forward, Ill be at another position after the freeze...so it recognized the furhter running.
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    I have heard a lot about micro stuttering/freezes with Windoze 10 users. Worse for AMD card users. SLI and Crossfire are a "no no". You can try setting compatibility mode to Windows 7, or even update realtek audio drivers. If you still have problems you can search about HPET and do: bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock
    googley avatar aapg

• It is still happening. Freezing for 1 second.

And when it does, for example when running forward, Ill be at another position after the freeze...so it recognized the furhter running.

You are having the same issues as i have atm, there is nothing you can do about it...
    Here i've made a screen of whats happening to you.

SCREEN (SIDE NOTE: I'm running W10, but this issues is also for W8+)
  • -ew.theseer!^-ew.theseer!^ Posts: 52Player
    I switched from win 7 64 to win 10 64 (clean install) and now have also dat annoyin flashbang freeze. (AMD card obv) Had no problems on 7 with exactly same Hardware n drivers. :angry:
  • theseer!^ wrote: »
    I switched from win 7 64 to win 10 64 (clean install) and now have also dat annoyin flashbang freeze. (AMD card obv) Had no problems on 7 with exactly same Hardware n drivers. :angry:

W10 doesn't fully support all DX9 components, that's why we have to live with the freezes "_"..
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,077Moderator
    Or, you could try to install the dx9c files
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34429

(im pretty sure i did this when i upgraded to win 10)
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • ^MAROFEL.ANDR!C0-TTV^^MAROFEL.ANDR!C0-TTV^ Posts: 854Player
    edited January 2017
    frankof wrote: »
    Or, you could try to install the dx9c files
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34429

(im pretty sure i did this when i upgraded to win 10)

That's the first thing i did after the upgrade, even enabled Direct Play.

Me personally installed this one to get all the latest versions of DX9:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

Also used the web installer for possible missing items, and manual checked System32 and SysWOW64 to see if i missed any to make sure both had all files. AAPG isn't the only game effected by it, a lot of games had issues the only thing that stands out is the flash that gives most AMD users a freeze. I learned to live with it that's all we can do now lol..
  • -ew.theseer!^-ew.theseer!^ Posts: 52Player
    did both , still freeze :/