First impressions

Comments

• 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    AAPG is a 3.5 year old game. If it's not popular now, it never ever will be. Short of some drastic actions by the Dev team most of the players who left aren't coming back. Maybe people will try it if a decent patch comes out, but this game is at a point it has a steady base and that's it. The game at least had a chance to make a big splash in October 15 with the full release, but it didn't make an impact. The steam chart tells all you need to know.
    http://steamcharts.com/app/203290

Maybe an AA5 (which who knows if it will ever get made) will be what can potentially revive this franchise.

I haven't played a game since July I think. Sadly, I haven't found any MP games that I have a vested interest in to replace it. I played Dota for a while, but got kind of bored of it after a few hundred hours (I was kind of obsessed with it for a while though). CS is OK, but I really don't enjoy playing it too much or in anything but casual. I've been typically just playing SP games, it's sometimes just more enjoyable for me to play games with a story rather than repetitive MP.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    it's safe to assume that by now.. nothing will ever be done. Yeah it's hard to accept, but accept it we must.

I see what you've done there young yoda :proud:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    CS is OK, but I really don't enjoy playing it too much or in anything but casual.

im so hooked on MM

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • SSKwaNtedSSKwaNted Posts: 266Player
    The problem of CS is that it's nearly impossible even to get to a semi pro level now, so once you get to global in mm, there isn't much you can do, besides maybe play something like faceit, but even there it's kinda hard to get somewhere.
    If you haven't tried it yet I recommend Rainbow Six Siege, the game is 1 year old and it keeps growing and since it's kinda new there's still a chance to get in a proleague team and maybe win some money.
    AAPGOD/ Ex R6 Pro
    Achievements
    Youtube
    Steam
  • ~Gorilla~~Gorilla~ Posts: 792Administrator
    I honestly think the best thing we can do here is drop the subject and leave it for the Devs to read it an choose weather that want to make any changes suggested. I see not point in continuing this.
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 461Player
    edited January 2017
    That is right, I'm still here to puke all over this game. Why? Because I care. Not for AAPG, but for the history of the franchise. Many great things have come of and from this franchise and a lot of fond memories were shared among many affected FPS players. I'm even certain that some influence of FPS development today may have even come out of this history of AA.

AAPG is not dying. It's dead. It has been dead for some time. There is a dedicated core. Some so foolishly dedicated that are blind to such a bad game. Has negativity affected the game and the community? Yes. News flash... The game, it's direction, and the development of it is the root of the negativity. A majority of people didn't walk away because dgodfather, Doba, and whomever else said negatative things about it. People played and thought "WOW... this is disappointing". I'm not shocked that the game is a failure. I'm shocked that it seems the people who should care don't or aren't supported well enough to make a difference. And just to be clear in case I haven't already, you can't make a difference with AAPG.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Beta Tester
    Okay, so you fellas believe there's a lot wrong with the game and it's basically dead.

Would any of you recommend that new players try it out?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 461Player
    I would not recommend it because it is a poor reflection of the series.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
    Thank you. You just proved my point.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • -hyperlite--hyperlite- Posts: 104Player
    While you have some valid points Doba. None of it matters because of who you are. Your name predetermines a certain stereotype.

Had you created a new account, changed your ip to reflect a non NA country, and typed everything in the original post with broken english, you prolly would have gotten a Dev response.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    edited January 2017
    ^
    Just like that random dude crying about how op the M24 is. Next patch, M24 nerfed without any dev commenting on the thread but lots of others disagreeing and explaining how to effectively counter it.
    Who you are makes no difference. However this is why I said that there was no point on going on. 1 rude remark after another. It might not be out of hand but its clearly starting to get there.

11. You may not post for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forums
    15.You may not insult or make derogatory comments based on race, nationality, religion, culture, sex, or sexual preference
    9. You may not create alternative accounts with malicious intentions

I think enough has been said.
    Who you are makes no difference. However this is why I said that there was no point on going on. 1 rude remark after another. It might not be out of hand but its clearly starting to get there.

11. You may not post for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forums
    15.You may not insult or make derogatory comments based on race, nationality, religion, culture, sex, or sexual preference
    9. You may not create alternative accounts with malicious intentions

I think enough has been said.

Eh, the OP was entirely fine, the topic is very valid and it's something to be concerned about if you care about AA. The game is laggy, unresponsive, choppy, sluggish, whatever you wanna call it. It's fact, no need to discuss it. Yes, if you play it daily or like any other day you probably will get used to it but that doesn't change the fact that the first impression (which this thread is about) is trash (uh, I said it).

What's the issue here is that as always two people are jumping in just to derail the thread. Yeah, both sides do it equally, I know, I don't care, fingerpointing leads nowhere here. Did I think this thread will lead anywhere? No, still a good point and if you can't contribute why bother to comment at all?

First response no need to talk about, second response asking for the top four things... yeah, great. So as a new player you come into a laggy game and feel like quitting so you do some research in the darknet to somehow find out there is an "AAPG PRO PLAYER CALLED DOBA!", read all his forum posts and now that you know he likes supported position, random recoil, desynced movement and maple syrup you will stay? Come on..

Remaining comments could be copypastad, always the same anyway but merely discussing the topic. Might as well just close this forum, devs probably know everything we have to say by now.
    Enjoy your guys conversation lol I have nothing else I care to add. Also SSK you might of misunderstood me I was saying nothing to or about you bud. Anyway I am done with this. You all take care now.
    Enjoy your guys conversation lol I have nothing else I care to add. Also SSK you might of misunderstood me I was saying nothing to or about you bud. Anyway I am done with this. You all take care now.

I know, neither was my rant about you. Just stating the OP/thread is a valid and good topic in itself, of course it derailed like every other thread in this forum.
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 630Player
    Im curious, which kind of response you want to see? Whole thread full of pure agreement to things everyone knows and talked about excessively in the past? A dev jumping in with a patchnote full of your desired changes? Whats the goal of this thread?
    AAPG is good!
    Flatlander wrote: »
    Im curious, which kind of response you want to see? Whole thread full of pure agreement to things everyone knows and talked about excessively in the past? A dev jumping in with a patchnote full of your desired changes? Whats the goal of this thread?

If that's directed at me, nothing. However I don't think everyone knows how the game feels when you aren't playing it regularly or if you don't play other games. Knowing this community I'm sure there are people exclusively playing AAPG not even knowing that a game can run as fluently as any other modern game does. This issue hasn't really been discussed in the context of first impression, it was usually about good players abusing new players for stats causing them to quit.

Devs changing anything is too late anyway, at this point it's at the next AA might do it better state.. again. I'm sure they don't even have the resources for big changes anymore, it's just about content now.

Goal of this thread? No idea, I wouldn't have created anything like this even if it's 100% accurate (the laggy experience first impression part at least). It's obvious there is only a dedicated core left and they don't really care about what's wrong with the game, they just want to enjoy playing and some apparetly expect new players out of nowhere. So predictable responses by those, devs not changing anything, yes I agree with you, this thread won't contribute anything. Another derailed thread leading to nowhere in a dead forum of a dead game. Happy new year guys.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    So.. Who's up for some inner? :lol:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• Should i use salt when cooking my potatoes? :confused:
    edited January 2017
    This was a meme before memes were a thing:

Little kid sitting in the back seat of the car going "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?" incessantly. It was usually done in that irksome, whiny voice, and everyone nodded knowingly when joking about it, because somewhere in their life this had happened to them.

Now, factually it could be said that whiny little kid was right! He was pointing out the family car had not reached its destination and wasn't too happy about it. It turned out everyone else in the car wasn't happy about it either and the incessant noise from the back seat only made it worse.

Doba, and MANY others are making valid points. Over and over and over again. What makes you think you care more than the people in the front seat just because you repeat your protests?

"The Devs don't listen. The Devs don't care"

I ask again: Have ANY of you called up the Pentagon? I'm DYING to hear you report back to us that your ideas have been acknowledged.
    ______