First impressions

=IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
Yesterday I played my first game since October 26, since the last match we had in FGN. Since that time Ive been playing CS and these are the first impressions I believe people have when playing this game and the reason the player base is as small as it is:

1. Walking in sand... Ive heard this before from people but never really understood it.. the moment I moved it felt like youre stuck in quicksand... walking feels like turtle speed, overall all movements are slow and sluggish, its like my pawn is a 300lb soldier... I honestly thought something was wrong when I moved.

2. Performance.. Do you guys even know how poor this game plays? the stutter is real !! its so choppy with every movement.. I asked my clan mates is the game lagging cause thats what it feels like.. its awful !! I've felt this before when taking time off, you actually have to get used to how poorly the game plays before you start enjoying it.. this is NOT right !! .. you can from this game to any other and they feel normal, but coming back to this game is just a nightmare.

3. The screen shake .. so overlooking the previous 2 remarks and just playing.. you get a headache 5 min in from the constant screen shake..the suppression is anything but fun... from gun fire, nades that arent even close.. its all so over powering, combine that with the performance and I actually stopped looking at the screen when I was dead.

4. Gun fire.. its no wonder new players and old players suck.. the gun fire is so violent, you shoot and its like your gun is flying out of your hands .. the random bounces are way to far spread apart, honestly its no wonder people don't get better in this game. Listen I'm what you call a Pro in this game and for me to say its violent only makes it far far worse for others, especially new players.

SO these are the 4 main areas this game needs to improve, I just think this is what new players feel when trying out the game and the reason why the numbers are as low as they are.. you can disagree or ignore the problems, but doing so only hurts AA.

If I didn't have a history with this game, and I was a new player coming in, there is no chance I'm playing this game.

Please consider what Im telling you and dont just take it as another dis towards the game. If only you Devs could take time away from the game you would agree with everything Ive said.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw

Comments

• {M.9}-Arko{M.9}-Arko Posts: 207Player
    edited January 2017
    I'm pretty sure the Dev's will respect your holy words and start to improve the game tomorrow morning. If not............................if really not.......................I will never ever play this game again....You opened my eyes Doba, and I don't know why I think about "D@lton" when I'm reading your post.....hmmmm
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Beta Tester
    So, what are the top four things you like about this game?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    I'm pretty sure the Dev's will respect your holy words and start to improve the game tomorrow morning. If not............................if really not.......................I will never ever play this game again....You opened my eyes Doba, and I don't know why I think about "D@lton" when I'm reading your post.....hmmmm

anyone know what this guy is saying?

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Geez, it's about first impressions. If you encounter a laggy, sluggish game you won't stay for fancy skins and weapon challenges.
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    So, what are the top four things you like about this game?

I think its irrelevant.. I turned it on because I had clan members playing it.. is that really a reason to play the game? you think that makes a game good?

funny how you think im saying this just to [TOS Violation] people off rather than actually making the game better

• FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 630Player
    Headache from all the facepalms,thx doba. Will you do the dgodfather now,coming in every now and then,puking into the forum!?
    AAPG is good!
  • SSKwaNtedSSKwaNted Posts: 266Player
    I played the game after 8 months or something of R6 and I totally agree on the first point, I don't know if something changed while I was away, but some movements feel very slow and weird
    AAPGOD/ Ex R6 Pro
    Achievements
    Youtube
    Steam
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    SSKwaNted wrote: »
    I played the game after 8 months or something of R6 and I totally agree on the first point, I don't know if something changed while I was away, but some movements feel very slow and weird

Pretty much since release. There was another change about queueing up inputs that made it even worse. It's something you get used to when playing regularily but once you take a break it's really bad. I used to play from time to time still but this sluggishness is what stopped me from doing it. Just no fun in playing for an hour just to get used to that laggy piece of game but eh, time to flame Doba again I guess.
    LISTEN,he as a pro can stand the heat.
    AAPG is good!
  • [Prt_Dictator][Prt_Dictator] Posts: 275Player
    Get out of here with that noise, Doba. The gameplay is perfect, the performance is perfect, the are no bugs or glitches and this is the most skill-based while casually fun game ever made.

Do I hear you ask why does it have so few players?
    Easy, it needs big outdoors maps, night maps, wookie maps, weapon skins, players skins, challenges and vip mode. If possible also nerf the M24 four or five times.
    Once that is done, you'll see how perfect the gameplay is when people come in the millions and stick around for years.

Besides its winter right now and people are not playing because they're cold and go stand by the fireplace. Spring is the high season in here.
    edited January 2017
    Honestly I dont even see this as a discussion.. you either accept the fact that these main points need to be fixed in order for the game to succeed or you continue to ignore the cause and let the game die.

After all this time I already know who will say what in response, I know which players will agree and I know who will be against.. I also know exactly who is trying to fix the game and who has no clue.

Flatlander wrote: »
    LISTEN,he as a pro can stand the heat.

give your head a shake.. what is wrong with you

Seriously,you are right with all of your points,no discussion. But sorry,you sound like a clown while stating the obvious....again and again. Get over yourself,make some money in CS and let it go. Its so ridiculous that you are still trying to change the unchangeable.
    AAPG is good!
    edited January 2017
    clearly the obvious needs to be stated over and over an over.. either until its fixed or a new game comes out.

and not sure if you've read some comments.. but the obvious isnt all that clear to some

=IK=Doba= wrote: »
    clearly the obvious needs to be stated over and over an over.. either until its fixed or a new game comes out.

gl&hf Don Quijote. President elect hates violent videogames and is for banning them. Guess the shooting part of this game is gone soon anyway,points 3 and 4 are solved then :D

AAPG is good!
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Beta Tester
    So you don't like anything about this game. Why are you here? You know we can just review ONE of your posts over and over instead of you having to retype it, right? It'll save you a lot of time. It's the internet.

If I had a child who said the same thing over and over and over, I'd start ignoring that comment until they stopped trying to be the parent. It's just psychology.

Several of you know enough about videogames that you should GoFund a startup and go large. Heck, I'd play your videogame for sure!!!
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    146476-javert-beating-dead-horse-gif-oRL9.gif
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,576Player
    edited January 2017
    When you are used to one game it will always be a little strange to change to another game. You have to adopt.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
    -Ner0- wrote: »
    When you are used to one game it will always be a little strange to change to another game. You have to adopt.

nonsense I can go play insurgency and cs after months of layoff and the game feels normal.. come back to AA and its no wonder no one plays.. for all you this game is perfect since you cant take the truth.. try it yourself.

• ~Gorilla~~Gorilla~ Posts: 792Administrator
    I would happen to think that this is a good game and I would agree and disagree on some points. On your sluggish movement comment I would have to disagree, Maybe its the computer but I have no issue with movement. I play a lot of other similar games and the mostly feel the same. In fact I am not just saying this but I much rather the movement in AAPG then most games. Performance.. I also disagree. I find no lag but I think that has a lot to do with your location, the server location, who's computer the server connects to 1st and what you have in your PC, and lets not even talk about lap tops because those are not for gaming. Yes you can get a gaming laptop but lets face it you are stuck with what you paid for and you can't do updates on your own with say your g/c, ram so on and so on. Yea PC Gamers know to game with a PC lol. If they don't well hey guys **hint hint** :P The screen shake.. I agree that the Screen Shake is annoying but only because it last for to long. However I do like the idea that you become dazed so to speak from such things as flash bangs and zips by the face. just not as hash I would think. Gun fire.. I also have to disagree on this. I am a great shot when I get into the game and can focus on the game and it does not matter the gun. I use the guns to the advantage points too. Singe, auto, burst, A/R, I think the sniper might have a bit to much recoil for myself but a lot of players to great with it and that is just my opinion. Again I understand that these are YOUR opinions but they are not everyone's. But if I would agree with Keebler. So you don't like anything about this game. Why are you here? Also again your opinion ``Honestly I dont even see this as a discussion.. you either accept the fact that these main points need to be fixed in order for the game to succeed or you continue to ignore the cause and let the game die.`` I am prity sure this game has been going and successfully since vanilla. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America's_Army I would agree that there are some changes that could be made. I just don't agree with you on what needs to change is all, Of coarse it is good to have every persons point of view on how they think things do or don't work with this game. However if I were to be playing a game that I seem to dislike so much. I would pick another game.