server admins

why don't aa police their servers, cheating is rampant, pb is on but no scripts, screenshots are not on and no ban lists...people make fake accounts by dozens and brag about cheating and not getting caught..... this is running people out of the game.....do something about it

Comments

• IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    https://www.americasarmy.com/support/abuse

You have to understand that the devs are on a continuous mission to eliminate cheating. Once they dissect the cheat code then a month or so later the cheaters get a new undetected version from some jerk with nothing better to do. The best you can do is use the link above to report the cheater with the link above. I know first hand that the devs ban those they catch. Just realize it is a perpetual process with ALL online game titles. Just report the cheater and go play on another server.
    googley avatar aapg

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    I suppose made easier for the fact they don't have to pay between $20-$50 large ones, to make a new account..
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• frankoffrankof Posts: 1,076Moderator
    edited December 2016
    Just the statement that the cheaters have to make multiple accounts because they dont get caught is a oxymoron.
    That dont mean that the cheat deterrent is efficient, just that the bragging cheaters are getting caught, and have to make new accounts to continue their "15 minutes of fame".
    Posting your frustration is actually adding fuel to the fire, they are trolls, they thrive on the attention.
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-[U|S|A]-DannyBoy Posts: 376Beta Tester
    @frankof

HOOAH!!
    One day I will graduate noob school!!!
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!

• MewtwoMewtwo Posts: 302Player
    IO_i_OI wrote: »
    https://www.americasarmy.com/support/abuse

You have to understand that the devs are on a continuous mission to eliminate cheating. Once they dissect the cheat code then a month or so later the cheaters get a new undetected version from some jerk with nothing better to do. The best you can do is use the link above to report the cheater with the link above. I know first hand that the devs ban those they catch. Just realize it is a perpetual process with ALL online game titles. Just report the cheater and go play on another server.

hi just wonder??if you not are in game eny more and will report the player after type 1 or 2 days how can we take know players account and namn when they changes namn??i hope at aago will ban ip its better but but they can change the ip but its still ther at ip.and they get new account still??

very happy chrismas all from B2K
  • ~Gorilla~~Gorilla~ Posts: 792Administrator
    Simply put guys there is a way for reporting abuse in the game on official servers. Devs are busy and are not going to sit in a server to wait for hackers or abuse to deal with it at your convenience. But there is https://www.americasarmy.com/support/abuse . Also unless you report the player chances are nothing will be done. Devs and Police are not really the ones responsible with hack detection. I am sure they have a hand in it but detection is from PB and -ACI-. Also no you cant really ban the player IP since a lot of players do have Dynamic IP or they can plug into a 3rd party site and have their IP changed. Not that you can't ban the IP but normally you are only banning the Account that has been caught for hacking. Not the IP of the house it came from. You also have to look long term. What is a player caught hacking with the IP 10.10.10,10,1140 gets a IP ban then moves to a new house and gets a new IP. But then some other family does the same and now the family with 3 boys that LOVE to play games like AAPG now have the 10.10.10,10,1140 IP ban? Now these kids can't play? And for what because the player that used to have this IP was caught hacking and you banned the IP. That makes no sense. Also I would like to add that most of these players now in the game will yank your chain if you make it obvious that your accusing them of hacking. Knowing your already annoyed they are feeding your fire to anger you more then you already are. So next time make sure you report the abuse on the abuse page and give full details of what server, what time, your time zone, day, player that was being abusive, and what had happened and a link of the video if any was made. Happy Holidays and Good Games!
  • ^MAROFEL.ANDR!C0^^MAROFEL.ANDR!C0^ Posts: 854Player
    If you want to keep the game a fun place, report the person both to here using the abuse link and to EvenBalance. Send an e-mail to research@evenbalance.com, in the mail you put the next things;

Players Name:
    Players GUID: (Best to provide the full guid, else just 8 digits).
    Game: America's Army Proving Grounds.
    Suspected for: (type of violation)

After you send the mail, which you should only do if you personally are 100% sure he is using something. They will take a closer look at the player in question, if found guilty EvenBalance will give that person a Global Ban in most cases. It also helps them if the cheat is not detected and they find it anyway by their magic tricks they make the software detectable and keeps your game more fun.

Cheers.
  • iNv|roKis-iNv|roKis- Posts: 420Player
    edited December 2016
    • evenbalance wont do anything. I still have a ticket open with them on something, not one blip.
    • IP banning is easily circumvented without needing to move houses.
    • 10.10.10,10,1140 is not an IP or even a good example of one. ---> 24.55.120.140 that's how IP looks like, and like this as well 2001:0db8:0a0b:12f0:0000:0000:0000:0001
    • ACI is flawed the only good thing about it is for player background checks, which even then is flawed as well. Many admins do use this, and they take it too far actually. ACI logs vac bans and aapg is not even a vac game. This translates to people getting banned based on some other game which is ridiculous imo.

Just report to the abuse link and make videos so they can look at it. really that's the best you can do.
    Bhop is a string of jumps with no interruptions.
  • ^MAROFEL.ANDR!C0^^MAROFEL.ANDR!C0^ Posts: 854Player
    iNv|roKis- wrote: »
    • evenbalance wont do anything. I still have a ticket open with them on something, not one blip.

Incorrect, they will work on any reports they receive. I also said to e-mail them, not making a ticket. I get a reply within 24 hours most of the time on my reports.
  • ~Gorilla~~Gorilla~ Posts: 792Administrator
    edited December 2016
    10.10.10,10,1140 is not an IP or even a good example of one. ---> 24.55.120.140 that's how IP looks like, and like this as well

LOL naturally this is only an example. I don't think there are many people that do not know what an IP looks like, However thank you for trying to put your 2 cents in. However with or without your remark I think people got the idea.
  • HOUND-WVAHOUND-WVA Posts: 17Player
    then add ban lists and scripts to us official servers at the least if you don't have time to police the hackers who create multi accounts....they are open with pb on with no ban lists and no scripts
  • [kT]B4DSEED[kT]B4DSEED Posts: 26Player
    I've actually seen several cheaters banned by the devs. I couldn't even tell you their names because Tots was always in within 5 or 10 minutes with a banhammer.