Fireteams & Battle Planner

ddra-ddra- Posts: 454Player
edited May 2015 in General Discussion
I'd like the see the reinclusion of fireteams and a battleplanner to the series.

This would reinforce voip communication, and/or encourage players not using a microphone to follow a general route/plan. Being able to SEE via the battle planner, the route and objective one fireteam would take upon the beginning of the match really helped effectively organize a proper attack/defense.

From a competitive standpoint, it might encourage players who play well together and follow a specified plan to form a team and grow the competitive community.

Either way, it was one of the features that kept me interested in AA for the long haul.

2X757Owh.jpg

ajq8MS2l.jpg

Thoughts?
Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
FGNL Season 1 Champions
FN Season 2 & 4 Champions

Comments

• vapor.ivapor.i Posts: 272Player
    Everything about aa3 was terrible including the battle planner. Just takes up another screen and more resources. Simply saying "hey im going dark room" will suffice.
    AA2 veteran player / fanboy
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 454Player
    .vapor wrote: »
    Everything about aa3 was terrible including the battle planner. Just takes up another screen and more resources. Simply saying "hey im going dark room" will suffice.

I'd love to agree with you vapor, but then we'd both be wrong.

Say what you will about AA3, I agree it was nowhere near good.
    HOWEVER, it did do at least two things right: Fireteams/Battleplanner and the Medic role.
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
  • `xinoN`xinoN Posts: 359Player
    I'm all for fireteams.. makes maps more interesting. Idc about the planner.
    Oh well.
  • Gronfather@TwitchGronfather@Twitch Posts: 466Player
    I'd have to agree, I said this before in another thread. We need FT selection like AA2/3 Where you pick a leadership spot if you want and can earn some leadership points like in AA2. Also give the FT or SL abilities to assign OBJ points to remind players of the OBJ at hand.

IE Designate X (Flag) at the beginning of the round. Once that OBJ has been completed you would assign Z (Extract) to remind the team that X has been completed and were now moving to Z.

Some will argue that's what VOIP is for but in all reality it'd be a great function. Especially in bigger maps with two extracts or two bomb sites you could designate which one your going to ect...

But yes, Fireteam selection is a must have!

• FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 630Player
    In 3 years AA3 i never saw someone sticking to the battle plan.It was used to gain easy points but for nothing else.

But fireteams are a a good idea.
    AAPG is good!
  • [eSC]General.Jung[eSC]General.Jung Posts: 144Player
    edited May 2015
    Not everything in AA3 was bad and I would like to see a return of an improved battleplaner that would allows us to draw lines like a paint programm, because those straight lines wasn't that helpful. So it should work like an brainstorming board with a map and the ability to draw bent lines and marking hotspots while discussion that via in game coms.
    -
    +1 for both, but with a more functional battleplaner.
    Greetings from Germany. General.Jung.
    eSport-Community, http://esportcommunity.com/

HARDEN HC mode, SMOKE Grenades, UMM Support and RELEASE LINUX Binaries !
  • -=]WM[=-Akuma-=]WM[=-Akuma Posts: 8Player
    at least fireteams!!!
    467.png
  • vapor.ivapor.i Posts: 272Player
    Fireteams were similar to role selection in aa2 and I'm all for it.
    Battleplanner however....not so much.
    AA2 veteran player / fanboy
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    Fireteam/loadouts screen should have been the ONE thing kept from the past AA series.

The current way it works, does work.. but its bland.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• Gronfather@TwitchGronfather@Twitch Posts: 466Player
    Battle planner should be a mobile use type of system. Used only by the squad leader or fireteam leader (if SL is down).

• .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 461Player
    I don't think we need anything as complicated as the Battle Planner. As stated previously, it wasn't really used correctly. I see the use of having a map with named points throughout as either a loading screen or as part of the warmup time. Theoretically you should know the maps enough to be able to communicate well enough as to where your going, but I'd say this would be all the better as part of training for new players.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 630Player
    Theoretically you should know the maps enough to be able to communicate well enough

If people would communicate at all....ok, a few do and even tha half of it do it correctly.Thinking about that i believe a "communication training" would be a nice idea.Mapbased or so.

AAPG is good!
  • -warpain.iog--warpain.iog- Posts: 30Player
    I'm indifferent about fire teams and definitely against having a battle planner. I think adding another unnecessary feature to this game at this point is a bad idea. Lets fix the fundamental issues first before adding other trivial features.
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    this game isn't really designed to implement a planner like that. the maps are so fast and small. there are not enough lanes. plans will change as soon as one teammate dies and 60% of the map control is lost.
    -
    also, there's no time at the start of the round to "plan". you have 5 seconds to pick a weapon and get in place before the spawn barrier drops...
    -
    i wouldn't mind a screen that you can open to see which routes your teammates have taken, either during the round or after the round...so if you missed out on the voip at the start, or are still learning, then it would be cool to be able to open a map with a bunch of lines showing which way your teammates went. maybe you can try that next round or something..
    -
    but as far as planning goes, use voip.

• .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    i'm definitely for a fix spawn system and limited loadouts. that's how long-term competitive games are built.

• ddra-ddra- Posts: 454Player
    I'm indifferent about fire teams and definitely against having a battle planner. I think adding another unnecessary feature to this game at this point is a bad idea. Lets fix the fundamental issues first before adding other trivial features.

Fixing the fundamentals is of course a given, everyone knows that and i'm not saying STOP working on the core. But there's nothing wrong with discussing additional features that were successful in previous versions of the game. I don't know why people always seem to think that...
    this game isn't really designed to implement a planner like that. the maps are so fast and small. there are not enough lanes. plans will change as soon as one teammate dies and 60% of the map control is lost.

I agree that the small maps kind of defeat the battle planner, but newer maps such as Hospital,Harbor Assault, and Overload have been bigger in size which leads one to presume future maps will be larger in size. If that's the case then it could be of use.

People always loved fireteams and don't see why it hasn't yet made an appearance.
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    No need for the planner, just the Fireteam layout :mrgreen:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• SOPMODSOPMOD Posts: 230Player
    edited May 2015
    Battlplanner won't work, most players just like to go rambo unless they're forced to try something else when they're getting destroyed.

Fireteams should be on the way no? Or did i miss anything?
  • KodenKoden Posts: 284Player
    edited May 2015
    .vapor wrote: »

I'd love to agree with you vapor, but then we'd both be wrong.

Say what you will about AA3, I agree it was nowhere near good.
    HOWEVER, it did do at least two things right: Fireteams/Battleplanner and the Medic role.

Fireteams are fine. I think most newer players would make a better use of proper trainings (eventually map-related trainings) rather than a basic battleplan like that. As most people wrote, communication is far more effective. And the medic role in AA3 was interesting as a concept but the whole game felt much more "clunky" compared to AAPG and even to AA2 so i'd rather not have something even slightly related to it if the quality of execution is going to be like that.