Linux coming ?

Comments

• Bam4DBam4D Posts: 976Player
    edited November 2015
    Bam4D wrote: »
    *.nix is for business and appliances ...... move along.

Valve doesn't seem to think so.

touché

********Bam4D********

BE ALL (THAT) YOU CAN BE!

________Army 1980_________

• GunR|DrerexGunR|Drerex Posts: 65Player
    Count me in on the Linux version for testing. Have several gaming rigs and would be more than happy to convert one to a Ubuntu setup. Currently have a Red Hat server as well and would love to try running a AAPG server for testing.
    Untitled_zpsqiypm7mn.png

• Count me in on the Linux version for testing. Have several gaming rigs and would be more than happy to convert one to a Ubuntu setup. Currently have a Red Hat server as well and would love to try running a AAPG server for testing.

Honestly I would be far more interested in the linux server than the client. Besides the likely performance increase it would also be far cheaper to host in some cases.
  • Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    The only thing I'd wonder about, is how are they going to handle punkbuster on Linux? Still, I'm also really curious as to when we can expect a Linux version, or an alpha or beta to test. I'd love to do that! :D

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • Bashar_al-AssadBashar_al-Assad Posts: 579Player
    Would love to test for linux version
  • vapor.ivapor.i Posts: 269Player
    I have 2 machines currently running debian (laptop and desktop) and can test out if need be !

Thanks
    AA2 veteran player / fanboy
  • Bashar_al-AssadBashar_al-Assad Posts: 579Player
    Yea it will be a proud feeling if I get the tester tag! :smile:
  • Kilroy_0Kilroy_0 Posts: 43Player
    I don't really have much free time on my hands, but if you guys roll out a beta linux version, I'll be more than happy to help with the testing, at least as much as I could :smile: Just let me know when you need me! :wink:
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    Sounds like the only ones who need Linux support are those at work or college who are looking to sneak in some play time. Not saying I ever done that. :p
    googley avatar aapg

• weakness_aaweakness_aa Posts: 144Player
    I was part of the original linux beta team for 1.x and 2.x. I look forward to an opportunity to work with an AAPG linux client/server build.
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,016Moderator
    IO_i_OI wrote: »
    Sounds like the only ones who need Linux support are those at work or college who are looking to sneak in some play time. Not saying I ever done that. :p
    Linux support would be great for those that would like to run a server, win server costs something like $500 per license, so even if we didn't get a linux client, it would be nice to have a linux stand alone server.

ss_4_frankof.png
  • .stryker.stryker Posts: 13Player
    Not to beat a dead horse here, but how is the linux server coming along? If you guys need servers to test from I could supply you with many. Been involved in this community since AA 1.7. ( Just saying) :)

Any news, even if minor, on a Linux port?

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    We have programmers actively working on it, but I don't have a good ETA yet. It is not forgotten though, I can promise you that.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

FunPolice wrote: »
    We have programmers actively working on it, but I don't have a good ETA yet. It is not forgotten though, I can promise you that.

That is more than enough for me! It makes me extremely happy, too. :pleased:

Thank you for the update!

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    Any news on the Linux port?
  • HesedielHesediel Posts: 17Player
    Yes any news? Come on counterstrike is on linux it's time to AAPG to come. I have windows only to play to AAPG. Bep olite get the game on linux. Just know if developers are working on that
    Devs, is there any news? C'mon guys, give us anything... Pleeeeeease?
  • HesedielHesediel Posts: 17Player
    Kilroy_0 wrote: »
    Devs, is there any news? C'mon guys, give us anything... Pleeeeeease?

come on