DemoRec / BETTER?

getLowgetLow Posts: 2Player
Is it possible to incorporate something like Shadowplay 24/7? To record exactly what the player is seeing. I think this would be a great way to wing out / catch hackers? Or no, not possible!?

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,612Beta Tester
    DemoRec is actually not a video recorder. It is a file containing data that the server uses to tell the clients what to display. In other words, all the player positions and states, the direction the player is looking, how many rounds in each players mag, what gun, where the bullets are in flight, and where they hit....etc. It's not a very big file.

Then, that data is used to re-create what you see on your screen when you 'play' the file. The cool part is you can move around inside the recreation! Sounds cool, right?

Unfortunately....

Demorec is not fully functional or implemented, since it's based on the original Unreal Engine feature, and it's by no means perfect, even though it sounds great in theory. Personally, I think it's still buggy.

As to including a video recorder, why not just use Shadowplay on any interested client? Remember, the server itself doesn't SEE anything but data.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • You can use OBS software to capture your game play. I use that for continuous recording, or you can use Plays.tv recorded for much less storage usage while playing. Can use hotkeys to record previous 60,90, 120 seconds, etc.
    i7-6700k water 4.7
    ASUS 6gb 1060
    16gb Corsair DDR4

• ~Gorilla~~Gorilla~ Posts: 777Administrator
    I use overwolf however I trust Demo more then I trust spect even with my 200 fps.
  • I there a way to change the timestamp on Demorec.. My files are 6 hrs different than what I have. UK time basically. Hard to figure out which round my members are reporting campers and possible hackers.
    Is it timestamped according to where the server is or something?

There's probably a way to edit file properties, but most just convert.

www.worldtimebuddy.com ?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • Not sure what that link would do for changing it. Our server is in Seattle I thought it would that time on files
    Hmm. So the files are stamped differently than where they are created? I'd check that the server's date and time are set correctly!
    ______