Soldier Stats!

=MGS=Vapid_B=MGS=Vapid_B Posts: 7Player
edited January 2019 in General Discussion
Visit = to see where you stand. You also can make and manage clans.

Comments

• KodenKoden Posts: 284Player
    But that's basically Draat! Or at least it looks closely like it.
    Derob6.jpg
  • -ew.raw--ew.raw- Posts: 173Player
    tdv100 wrote: »
    Visit www.AAstats.com to see where you stand. You also can make and manage clans.

What happened last time why it was cancelled?
    1409304775_2240089.gif

AA2 2005 - 2015
    AA:PG 2015-
  • SumTingWong?SumTingWong? Posts: 79Player
    edited December 2016
    Stats are totally incorrect with the americasarmy.com stats.

americasrmy.com:
    30,947 / 19,949 kill deaths
    2,648 / 36 take downs (like a Pro!)

aastats.com:
    25,783 / 16,329 kill deaths
    2,168 / 31 take downs
    2n8rncy.png
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 630Player
    The query server are just back again,play on a tracked server and your stats should be correct again. Mine are at least.
    AAPG is good!
    Flatlander wrote: »
    The query server are just back again,play on a tracked server and your stats should be correct again. Mine are at least.

Its friday.. so this evening / night i can check it again
    2n8rncy.png
  • -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 762Player

However the leaderboard is incorrect for the most cases. The display of the current positions isn't the real one. How come the #2 has more point than #1?

Over 1.4k Golden Hawkeyes.

However the leaderboard is incorrect for the most cases. The display of the current positions isn't the real one. How come the #2 has more point than #1?

It's not a bug, it's a feature
    2n8rncy.png
  • -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 762Player

It's not a bug, it's a feature

oAlJC

Over 1.4k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Yeah, it's not just broken for XP..
  • =MGS=Vapid_B=MGS=Vapid_B Posts: 7Player
    Leaderboards - We still have not completed this - So when we ran it for the first time months ago, it was correct - now stats have changed.

Player stats - Only the servers that are in our system are tracked, and only the players that play on those servers are tracked. This means your stats will not be updated unless you play in a server we track. (want to add a server? You can add one through the clan Page)

Americas Army's Stat tracking isn't perfect to begin with, and at no point should anyone expect accurate info, and again, if you want updated stats, you have to play in a server we track...
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,191Player
    edited December 2016
    *Cough*

Well, maybe if you had easier/better access to an actual database of realtime stats.. what do you have to do presently? scrape whatever scraps you can from steam or the AA soldier stat webpage.. or something? Can't be ideal whatever it is.

It may have been told once upon a time that people would be given access to such things, not sure what happened about all that.. full release (after stat wipe) seemed like a fitting opportunity..

Yeah, no rush mate. *Cough*
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    *Cough*

Well, maybe if you had easier/better access to an actual database of realtime stats.. what do you have to do presently? scrape whatever scraps you can from steam or the AA soldier stat webpage.. or something? Can't be ideal whatever it is.

It may have been told once upon a time that people would be given access to such things, not sure what happened about all that.. full release (after stat wipe) seemed like a fitting opportunity..

Steam stats are likely still drastically incorrect. It's explicitly against the website terms to scrape anything.
    5. LINKING, FRAMING, MIRRORING, AND SCRAPING THE WEB SITE

The framing, mirroring, scraping or data mining of the Web Site or any of its Content in any form and by any method is strictly prohibited.

Discussion started a long time ago... Oct 10, 2014
    http://archive2.forum.americasarmy.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=15206

Then there was this... July 6, 2015
    http://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/836/we-want-to-support-your-fan-site/p1
    TheTots wrote:
    You guys have requested JSON game stat access. Well, we're just about ready to roll it out!

I mean, your signature already says enough, right? From the last thread...

4788386.jpg
    LOL! "Soon"... We don't scrape anything, but what i can say is that we are limited to the queries per minute. I wish we could do more... I believe their are over 1.4 million AA accounts, and if were to query all, it would take weeks. Currently, this is the best way to gather stats without getting IP banned for too many calls to the API.
  • KodenKoden Posts: 284Player
    LOL! "Soon"... We don't scrape anything, but what i can say is that we are limited to the queries per minute. I wish we could do more... I believe their are over 1.4 million AA accounts, and if were to query all, it would take weeks. Currently, this is the best way to gather stats without getting IP banned for too many calls to the API.

The amount of active players is much smaller tho. Isn't there a way to actually lower the amount of queries to the group of players who has played, lets say, at least during the last week?
    Derob6.jpg
    Koden wrote: »
    The amount of active players is much smaller tho. Isn't there a way to actually lower the amount of queries to the group of players who has played, lets say, at least during the last week?

yes, that's why we track players that are currently in the servers listed on our site. Clans can sign up on the site and register their server so that more servers can be added.
  • Theodore_BundyTheodore_Bundy Posts: 68Player
    *Cough*

We have have access to an API to pull stats. There are numerous issues with the data in this API, so we do our best to display what we can and limit the possibilities for inconsistencies. We've talked with the dev team and have plans to do much greater things in the future, but we're at the mercy of the AAPG development timeline. This is very much a reactionary process.
    Koden wrote: »

So, at one point in time we got all existing players (inactive and active) to get a good idea of the playerbase. This is what takes such a long time - again, due to the limitations to the API we have access to.

The leaderboards can take a while to query because there's an absolute crap ton of data in there and we try to do calculations at query time - so pages don't take forever to load. So yes, we do narrow down the basic query to just players who are online on the servers we track, every 30-ish seconds.

We're open to new ideas and ways to improve the system, so by all means, let us know. We try to check these forums regularly now, but the fastest way to contact us is through the aastats forums.
    Steam: usdod14
  • RPG_FrankRPG_Frank Posts: 1Player
    my rank is down since update ...how do i fix it...?