Game Update Notes (21 Nov 2016)

CaterPCaterP Posts: 190Developer
edited November 2016 in News & Announcements
New maps are here! We are happy to finally put Furious, Rusneyev, and Raptus into our Official map rotations! We’ve also added a few new achievements and fixed a few bugs.

Have a great Thanksgiving and enjoy the update!

The three Concrete Jungle Maps are included in this release. We made them all available in both FLO and BDX format:

Furious By FG.L@LOOZE
This is a great looking map. It is clear a ton of time and effort went in to making this map shine. There is also fun gameplay to be had here. The objective layout, combined with additional corridors and paths throughout the map, result in some very mobile encounters, many of which are close range. It is a very action packed map!

Rusneyev By -=}WoLvErInE{=-
Rusneyev Night is a great looking map with a lot of character. It has some very distinct aspects to it with a number of interesting combat spaces and unique routes. -=}WoLvErInE{=- did a great job working some natural environments into the playspace while still using the building ruins in the map to nail the contest theme. The split attacker spawn points add some uniqueness to the map and give players a bit more variety from round to round.

Raptus By SeVn.Max
This map offers a wide variety of gameplay experiences in a very cohesive way. The center portions of the map offer good verticality and room clearing while the exterior portions of the map mix tight passageways with more open, mid-range firefights.

Four New Achievements!

Shop Local – Win a match on any user made map.
Gone Hiking – Win a match of each of the Great Outdoors maps (Homestead, Rocky Road, Cabin Fever and Stone Ruins)
Welcome to the Jungle – Win a match of each of the Concrete Jungle contest maps new to this update
Overlord of Overload – Win a match on Overload, a previous contest winner

Misc. Bug Fixes

Fix for an issue where the nameplates for downed players would sometimes bounce around
Removes the 60 fps lock for those playing with a gamepad controller
Fixed a clipping issue on Rocky Road
Update to VIP messaging on Red Line VIP
Fixed some debris on Checkout which was floating slightly off the floor
Fix for not being able to prone on some surfaces the player should have been able to use
Tweaked out-of-bounds volumes on Homestead
Fixed an incorrect physmat on Overload

Comments

• -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,518Player
    edited December 2016
    gKQ6BB2.png
    edited December 2016
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • [EF]=JAY=[EF]=JAY= Posts: 114Player
    edited November 2016
    Hello

Thanks for the update:
    Recoil on the m4 and m16 is different?
    Fonts have changed?

Steam Name:[EF]=Jay=
    [EF] =Elite Fighters=
    Server IP:82.255.178.154:7778
    b_560_95_1.png
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 630Player
    Changelog!? Overrated!!
    AAPG is good!
    Flatlander wrote: »
    Changelog!? Overrated!!

i am sorry where is it?

[EF] =Elite Fighters=
    b_560_95_1.png
    edited December 2016
    gKQ6BB2.png
    [EF]=JAY= wrote: »
    Changelog!? Overrated!!

i am sorry where is it?

Thats what i am asking myself ;) For me,a changed recoil is a bit more important than some maps that noone plays in a few days.
    AAPG is good!
    it went fine here on all three. good luck.
    -SD-DELTON wrote: »
    Anyone having problems updating their server ?
    3 times I have updated and each time I get a FAIL.

It went fine here on all three. Good luck

[EF] =Elite Fighters=
    b_560_95_1.png
    edited December 2016
    gKQ6BB2.png
    edited November 2016
    [EF]=JAY= wrote: »
    Changelog!? Overrated!!

i am sorry where is it?

Thats what i am asking myself ;) For me,a changed recoil is a bit more important than some maps that noone plays in a few days.

AH exactly! I thpugh your were kindly mocking my inability to find said changlog lol.

[EF] =Elite Fighters=
    b_560_95_1.png
    Try it on twitter or fb, :D
    AAPG is good!
  • [EF]=JAY= wrote: »
    Hello

Thanks for the update:
    Recoil on the m4 and m16 is different?
    Fonts have changed?

I only noticed the fonts, haven't seen any difference with the recoil so far. But then again, who knows.. They don't test the maps they put in so they might as well broke something with the recoil's. I'm going to play outside the map on Raptus, the landscape is amazing i tell you! :lol:
  • CaterPCaterP Posts: 190Developer
    No changes were done with any recoil values for any weapons.

There was a font change; when we updated a software package we found it didn't support a particular font we were using. We found a replacement that was similar. I neglected to include that in the notes posted earlier.
    CaterP wrote: »
    No changes were done with any recoil values for any weapons.

There was a font change; when we updated a software package we found it didn't support a particular font we were using. We found a replacement that was similar. I neglected to include that in the notes posted earlier.

Recoil: Ok. but something seems different.

Font: is there any way that we can change it to our prefrences? (i find it less readable)

[EF] =Elite Fighters=
    b_560_95_1.png
  • DOMINATION.DOMINATION. Posts: 84Player
    Tweaked out-of-bounds volumes on Homestead

This should be interesting lol
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Player
    I just went around Raptus (again) and don't see any place to escape the map. I even tried jumping the roofs to gain access. No dice. Care to share so it can get fixed?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • Keebler750 wrote: »
    I just went around Raptus (again) and don't see any place to escape the map. I even tried jumping the roofs to gain access. No dice. Care to share so it can get fixed?

Here, i did your job to test things.. Jump from there to the roof i am standing on. GL.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=803997210
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Player
    Did my job? Oh, no. You didn't get paid as much as I do. Sorry. I make my living doing this, at $0.00 per hour! You'll be hard pressed to compete with that.

However. I did try jump that spot because it looked kind of suspicious and didn't make it, so I guess I need to try a different angle. Thanks for your gracious help! I like your attitude, soldier!!!! :+1:
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    I could be wrong but i think i smell sarcasm in the post above. :D
    AAPG is good!
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    Great update! personally not seeing any recoil or gameplay changes, maybe the change in percieved recoil is a sensitivity thing? I say that as I noticed the patch reset my controls and options settings (thought that was a thing of the past in the last update?) so I had to redo all my stuff.

Anywho, Loved playing Ruseneyev tonight! sniping from the zipline was funny as heck as nobody seemed to know where it was coming from (at first of course) :lol: .. Man, sometimes I really wish I bothered to capture videos of my play.

Feedback on Furious map - Seems to be having landscape/water material issues, its not rendering properly.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.