AAPGMOD v1.0

1235»

Comments

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    edited November 2016
    UPDATE:

mic was off... grrr

Basically just screwing around...weapon mod 400 bullets to M4 and M249, increased rate of fire to 6000, and no suppression :proud: and that recoil lol

The test was to see if custom gun settings would work without crashing and to see if gun suppression can be tweaked.. next is the Nade suppression cause thats nasty

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • Bashar_al-AssadBashar_al-Assad Posts: 579Player
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    UPDATE:

mic was off... grrr

Basically just screwing around...weapon mod 400 bullets to M4 and M249, increased rate of fire to 6000, and no suppression :proud: and that recoil lol

The test was to see if custom gun settings would work without crashing and to see if gun suppression can be tweaked.. next is the Nade suppression cause thats nasty

With all these tricks is it possible to change recoil patterns etc?
  • Bashar_al-AssadBashar_al-Assad Posts: 579Player
    edited November 2016
    [EF]=JAY= wrote: »
    comon guys lets get this server full i would like to see how it fares with more then 24 ppl.

Server name:[EF]=Elite Fighters= 64 slots Get AAPGMOD
    IP:93.26.232.116:7784

Say a time, I will post it on aapg facebook groups
    UPDATE:

mic was off... grrr

With all these tricks is it possible to change recoil patterns etc?

We looked at it strictly out of curiosity and the values are there.. it could be possible dont quote me on that tho.. not really interested in changing the entire game just a few things Comp players dont like.

however what if each gun had slightly different recoil pattern like CS.. could be interesting but nahhh

• PredictionPrediction Posts: 132Player
    With all these changes is there a chance any of the anti-cheats will flag you?
  • {4F}DeadlyGrouse{4F}DeadlyGrouse Posts: 277Player

doubtful since it only works when paired with the server. you can have the file In your folder and still play normal servers all you like. Everything is basically controlled by the server as I understand, and the file you put client side just tells the server your allowed to take advantage of what the server is offering.

This is how I see it if I'm wrong someone can correct me.
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player

With the way Punkbuster works, probably not unless they decide to specifically flag the mod. If the game were using something like FairFight, you'd potentially run into issues, but it doesn't.

Mutators are a built-in part of the Unreal engine. The mutator should only have an effect on a mutator-enabled server. Ideally, nothing should raise issues with it.
  • [EF]=JAY=[EF]=JAY= Posts: 109Player
    Is anyone intersted at all by this??

I havent had a single connection on the server?

Steam Name:[EF]=Jay=
    [EF] =Elite Fighters=
    Server IP:82.255.178.154:7778
    b_560_95_1.png
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,016Moderator
    [EF]=JAY= wrote: »
    Is anyone intersted at all by this??
    Honestly? No.

Thing with mutators and other custom made stuff is that its tedious for the players to use.
    I still have nightmares about a mod for the original UT, every time you tried to connect to a server there were several mutators to download, on top of maps or other things you needed to play.

I enjoyed the mod, but i ended up playing on lan with the kids and friends as online was almost "impossible"
    ss_4_frankof.png
    There is no chance of it causing any problems with punkbuster. Mutators are a default feature of the game engine. As others have already said it's an unreal script file that will only be run when requested by the server running the exact same version of the file. It's no different to a custom map file that is only used once requested by the server you're joining.

We are close to putting out 1.1 of this which will include an optional set of "comp" guns to use instead. These will be the same as existing weapons but will have suppression that is extremely close to zero so it gives you only a tiny effect. Also weapon sway and recoil penalties for low health removed and are the same as when at starting health. Why punish for low health even more?

If Wolverine or anyone else knows how we could some how get this onto the workshop that would be amazing. Player uptake is currently the biggest challenge right now. If this is a possibility it will be easier than joining a UMM server. Soo with either server download redirect or the ability to upload it to the workshop solves the main issue.

• [EF]=JAY=[EF]=JAY= Posts: 109Player

If you're wanting to test it out here is the Download:

http://www.filedropper.com/aapgmodv10

Link Dead?

Steam Name:[EF]=Jay=
    [EF] =Elite Fighters=
    Server IP:82.255.178.154:7778
    b_560_95_1.png