[RESOLVED] LOW FPS no matter what setting.

Comments

• .dcG-ccoR^.dcG-ccoR^ Posts: 84Player
    Kartigan wrote: »
    @.dcG-ccoR^

That is good info. We'll look into that. One of the HUD objects may be doing too many updates. The scoreboard used to cause a bit of a fps hit, so a bit of time was sunk into it for optimization. Could be something similar elsewhere.

I'll try running game without hud and seeing if I can still replicate the higher frame rates due to scoreboard overlay being activated.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    I just did some testing on my setup and can't replicate this issue. Anyone else seeing what Rokis is?

I'm using Win7Pro64 on a 980ti, 2550 x 1440 144hz monitor with fps uncorked. Shows same each time.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • iNv|roKis-iNv|roKis- Posts: 420Player
    Reinstalled windows
    Loaded 970GTX drivers
    Steam
    AAPG

go to server WC 6v6 (by my self--empty server)
    shoot a bit, nade my self
    and then after a min or two.
    from 199FPS locked to 120 and below.
    GGS. not a [TOS Violation] clue.
    Bhop is a string of jumps with no interruptions.
    So...that's in Warmup? Don't know what to tell you. :(
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    So...that's in Warmup? Don't know what to tell you. :(

correct. It literally shows 199 because thats the max smooth frames thru the gui will allow and it will flicker to 160 until it just wont go passed 120.

I had a 36% GPU load 64Celcius and about 1Gb of RAM used in the GPU

GPU clocked at 1.3ghz Core clock and 1.7ghz Memory. I am at a loss.
    I'm in the DA server on Rocky Road right now trying it in Warmup. Not doing it at all for me. Mind you, i'm sitting at 120-130 fps at this spot and it stays there each time.....

?
    ______

edited October 2016
    Just as a note here for testing purposes, Rokis got 80ish FPS on Rocky Road in the same place I was getting 140, standing right beside him and looking at the same spot in the distance.
    ______

• POTATO.rzintegraPOTATO.rzintegra Posts: 46Player
    Have you notice if this is happening in other games as well? it wont hurt to download the Intel extreme tuning software and run the CPU and Memory stress test also you may want to do the same test on the video card, I use Heaven benchmark 4.0 for that. that will give you an idea if it's a hardware or software problem.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24075/Intel-Extreme-Tuning-Utility-Intel-XTU-
    ss_POTATO.rzintegra_4.png
    edited October 2016
    Keeping an eye on CPU right now.
    Currently looks good, temps and all. Also correction, it's at i7-4770 running at 3.9Ghz (intel boost)
    GPU also looks good temp wise. 64C is cool for a GPU.

Ran a benchmark from userbench, it showed my 970GTX under performing, but not by a lot.
    edited October 2016
    Watch for processor thread/core over-use, which might suggest a bottleneck. I'm no expert on that stuff though.
    ______

This is colts video. I dont like the guy but devs can you take a look at this ? Very poor performance.

edited October 2016
    Found the [mod edit] problem and you guys will NOT believe it.

LOGITECH CONTROLLER.

I went to a computer store, thinking I had to maybe test it with some different components, but before that I created a controlled enviroment and tested it out. long behold everything worked fine.

Maybe I had bumped the card? I also pressed down on the card into the slot, maybe it was that? Conclusion at the store was that the weight of the card had slipped the card out of the slot. Unlikely, but hey !

Come home plug all my USB devices in again and boom 80FPS after two minutes. Okay, it has to be something plugged in to my pc.

Unplugged two monitors, nothing.
    unplug audio nothing (this one is ludicrous but w.e)
    unplug 2 usb. BOOM from 120FPS on breach to 299. <--- which one though?
    Maybe it's my OLD logitech 9000 camera? Extremely possible, but why?
    Well reset AAPG and go into the server with USB plugged in. 299 and then boom 100fps.
    Unplug camera. NOTHING.
    Unplug other USB....BOOM back to 299fps.
    Follow the cable LOGITECH CONTROLLER.

Bye besh you won't be missed, unless I need you for FIFA.

I guess I'll use this to report that as a bug? I have no idea if AAPG is supporting controllers or not, but something is messed up. @Kartigan

Excellent, Rokis! The biggest part of the equation is finding the cause!!!!

:+1:
    ______

• frankoffrankof Posts: 1,036Moderator
    Nice find.
    The game is supposed to support controllers, there has been quite a bit of work put into that "recently".
    Does it behave in the same way if you use a different port?
    How about updated controller software?
    Have you tried unplugging your mouse and play with the controller?
    (just for testing, no one in their right mind would actually play with a controller, right?)

I wonder if this is repeatable across systems
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • KodenKoden Posts: 284Player
    edited October 2016
    frankof wrote: »
    Nice find.
    The game is supposed to support controllers, there has been quite a bit of work put into that "recently".
    Does it behave in the same way if you use a different port?
    How about updated controller software?
    Have you tried unplugging your mouse and play with the controller?
    (just for testing, no one in their right mind would actually play with a controller, right?)

I wonder if this is repeatable across systems

Work put into enabling support for controllers use O_o ? Why is that so, was there a technical/practical reason to do so, perhaps the dev team (or army personnel) use controllers for training/particular scenarios/banhammer lifting (^^) etc?

Btw its only partially related to this, but I actually know of a prototype controller made for Xbox 360 back in time, sort of a kickstarter project to provide a better tool for people who have hands-related physical issues.
    Derob6.jpg
  • [!ReDRuM!]Damian[!ReDRuM!]Damian Posts: 758Player
    The game supports controllers yes, played with an xbox controller couple days ago.. It's weird though if you are used to play with keyboard and mouse.. It also allows you to shoot twice as fast if you use the trigger and mouse button to shoot kinda funny its like having a macro script.

That said i doubt the controller has any effect on your FPS, unless its driver related but the controller itself should not effect your FPS in anyway it can mess up your keyboard and mouse controls. At least that's what i had because i kept walking backwards because the left stick was somehow activated with out touching it.
    edited October 2016
    For testing purposes I changed the USB slot and installed game software/drivers for windows 10.

While moving with the controller, the controller actually sets the FPS to 60 LOCKED. When you stop moving the FPS moves up to about 115. I remove teh USB and I am back to 299.

Also controller in this game is horrible. It's y-inverted, my brain can't comprehend. Controlling recoil though it's dope. Also 100% of the servers run without aim assist which means controller people would never be able to compete.

Here is a video of it all. The USB connection sound at the end is me unplugging the controller and then resuming my mouse control. It looks like the Logitech is fighting to lock fps to 60 but since I use the keyboard and mouse it is constantly unlocking it.

WATCH THE FRAMES ON THE TOP RIGHT.

• [kT]Trigga[kT]Trigga Posts: 102Player
    I have a logitech webcam and i just recently started running lower frames and have the i5 2500k and the gtx 970. Gonna unplug it and see if that fixes anything.
  • m_hermannm_hermann Posts: 634Moderator
    nicely done
    I have a logitech webcam and i just recently started running lower frames and have the i5 2500k and the gtx 970. Gonna unplug it and see if that fixes anything.

mind you that it was a logitech duala ction game pad and not the webcam