Pawn moves himself after update

doogle!doogle! Posts: 647Player
My character walks forward w/o me touching a thing. While this happens, I also cannot move my mouse. If I engage my keyboard, I can then control mouse and movement. As soon as Im not interacting with the game, he moves forward again.

Restarted game, same result
Restarged CPU, same result
Verified game cache, same result.

Currently reinstalling.

Any other ideas?

Comments

• doogle!doogle! Posts: 647Player
    Reinstalled game...same issue
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    Any gamepad, joystick, or other peripherals attached to the PC that might be sending input?
    BCPull, you are a [TOS Violation] genius.

I unplugged my Xbox controller (although nothing was pressed) and it worked. all that work for that, LOL. Never had that issue in all the years ive been using the controller (NBA 2K series, Rocket League).

Thanks
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    We postpone our match for that? A controller.. you should be slapped lol

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • i9.liquidi9.liquid Posts: 21Player
    edited October 2016
    i9.doogle wrote: »

I unplugged my Xbox controller (although nothing was pressed) and it worked. all that work for that, LOL. Never had that issue in all the years ive been using the controller (NBA 2K series, Rocket League).

Thanks

Fail
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    i9.liquid wrote: »
    i9.doogle wrote: »

Thanks

Fail

QFT

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • KartiganKartigan Posts: 84Developer
    The other option, is to configure the controller.

Control Panel -> Devices and Printers

Right click, game controller settings on the controller.

Properties -> Settings -> Calibrate...

Or something similar, depending on your version of the OS. This will notify the OS of the "dead area" on your controller axis's and it should no longer send errant information to the game. As a controller ages, the dead area tends to be a bit larger as the axis loosens up a bit.

Thx guys. My life was almost over...would have been forced to spend more time with the wife.

Sorry Doooba
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,569Beta Tester
    Us old guys had these issues all the time with joysticks and such. They would "creep" and cause mouse pointer shift in Windows, or strangely self-flying aircraft in flight sims!

:p
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    ah [TOS Violation], i'm getting old
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,569Beta Tester
    Heh. Well, I was already in my mid-30s when AA 1.0 came out..........
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • }{Gorilla}{}{Gorilla}{ Posts: 676Administrator
    I once had this same issue, I grounded the port from my keyboard and it fixed the issue. However it did keep happening so I got a new keyboard and presto. My problem was fixed.
  • GoA]z!o[N]cya[GoA]z!o[N]cya[ Posts: 109Player
    edited October 2016
    As a little reminder. Those nasty xbox controllers do not have any dead zone set up by their drivers! Its recommend by microsoft that the game using them has to implement them correctly.

If the controller is worn out you have to increase the values. (ini)
  • KartiganKartigan Posts: 84Developer
    Here are the appropriate deadzones to modify, in AAInput.ini:

Bindings=(Name="GBA_StrafeLeft_Gamepad",Command="Axis aStrafe Speed=1.0 DeadZone=0.1",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="GBA_MoveForward_Gamepad",Command="Axis aBaseY Speed=1.0 DeadZone=0.1",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="GBA_TurnLeft_Gamepad",Command="Axis aTurn DeadZone=0.075",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="GBA_Look_Gamepad",Command="Axis aLookup DeadZone=0.075",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

DeadZone is zero to 1.0, where 1.0 is 100% dead. The engine may throw out high values (no code at home to check), so just use something in the 0.5 range.

Note, do not use this one: GlobalDeadzone=0

Also note, the game only has partial controller support.