[RESOLVED] LOW FPS no matter what setting.

Comments

• KartiganKartigan Posts: 84Developer
    Some monitors support a higher refresh rate than 60hz. Depending on the individual, you can pick up images at well and beyond 60 frames a second. Some new monitors coming out this year will support up to 240hz.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    caigivay wrote: »
    sorry guys, dont mean to hijack the thread but i found it while se4arching for "FPS". i'm getting about 90fps w/ gtx 980.

why would you be interested in anything higher? you guys are talking about 200-300fps. new to the game obviously.

i use to play quite a bit of COD on xbox where a fast connection was helpful.

120/144 Hz monitors.
  • {4F}DeadlyGrouse{4F}DeadlyGrouse Posts: 277Player
    sorry guys, dont mean to hijack the thread but i found it while se4arching for "FPS". i'm getting about 90fps w/ gtx 980.

why would you be interested in anything higher? you guys are talking about 200-300fps. new to the game obviously.

A lot of players use 144hz monitors so you can see all 144 frames (well as many as possible) PC is not like console where your locked at 30 or 60 frames.
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,036Moderator
    Look for the oldest win 10 nvidia driver you can find, try that.
    For a while now, nvidia has, lets say, been less efficient with new drivers for old games.
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • iNv|roKis-iNv|roKis- Posts: 420Player
    edited October 2016
    ALright, thanks for the replies guys. So, I don't wanna be a know it all but I've tried quite a bit.

I've repaired AAPG, I've installed the oldest driver I could find on the nvidia site for windows 10 which is 358 I believe. Custom install every time.

Removed xbox app, turned off shadow play, I've ran DDU and reinstalled the drivers.
    Reinstalled STEAM and installed just aapg, no other game. Removed registry, removed all folders related to steam.

I tried running with no HUD. Same issue.
    I don't restart steam, and still issues. The weirdest part is that the issue is present OFFLINE. Normally offline FPS is not affected as bad normally in offline mode.

You see even when I had 60hz monitor 90fps was just not ideal, I used to get 120 with a old 270x and it was smooth due to repeat frames. Same goes for 144hz I can't even reach 145 with a tweaked ini.

The card performs flawless with csgo and other games.

I will format this weekend again, just for the gigs and see if it's maybe a poor installation. I just can't think of anything anymore.

Also Doba, my card rarely runs hot. I have the 970 STRIX. Most of the time the Fan is off it's that cool (relatively to gpu temps) No artifacts present.
    Bhop is a string of jumps with no interruptions.
    Keebler, legit I can't get 145 default ini everything at LOW.

I can get it for about a minute, after a minute it drops to 115 or below. It's like something is kicking in and dropping the frames. Every server, one round in and boom 115-60fps. It's extremely weird.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    with this new update still the same?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
    same thing
  • xtopherusxtopherus Posts: 71Player

Most ppl set their frame rate to match their Monitor hz rate. So if you are getting 90fps and you only have a 60 hz Monitor, then your actual frame rate is 60.

So ppl who say they get 200+ FPS are only actual getting 60 FPS on a normal monitor and 144 on a 144 hz monitor etc.
    edited October 2016

Most ppl set their frame rate to match their Monitor hz rate. So if you are getting 90fps and you only have a 60 hz Monitor, then your actual frame rate is 60.

So ppl who say they get 200+ FPS are only actual getting 60 FPS on a normal monitor and 144 on a 144 hz monitor etc.

INCORRECT. The more frames the better, the smoother game becomes. This can be seen in games like quake. 63FPS vs 120fps incredible difference just on the 60hz monitor.

Also if it so happens you get a dropped frame you won't notice.
  • xtopherusxtopherus Posts: 71Player
    iNv|roKis- wrote: »

INCORRECT. The more frames the better, the smoother game becomes. This can be seen in games like quake. 63FPS vs 120fps incredible difference just on the 60hz monitor.

You must have a "magic" 60hz monitor, because a 60hz monitor can only process 60 times per second. Your video card can push out 200 fps but your monitor can ONLY output 60.

Take my monitor at 144hz, I can change it down to 60hz @ 200 fps or 60 fps and there is no difference. You may want to believe there is a difference but there is not.

Nice try tho.

It just occurred to me to ask. Are you running Fullscreen windowed, or Fullscreen mode. Fullscreen windowed is handy, in that you can mouse over to other screens easily, but it doesn't pull dedicated resources the same as Fullscreen mode does, and is slower.
    edited October 2016

You must have a "magic" 60hz monitor, because a 60hz monitor can only process 60 times per second. Your video card can push out 200 fps but your monitor can ONLY output 60.

Take my monitor at 144hz, I can change it down to 60hz @ 200 fps or 60 fps and there is no difference. You may want to believe there is a difference but there is not.

Nice try tho.

I dont have the will or enough care to argue what this forums has seen. You wanna lock your fps at 60 that's your prerogative.

@kartigan, always full screen. anything windowed is laggy.
  • .dcG-ccoR^.dcG-ccoR^ Posts: 84Player
    This might be somewhat off topic but one thing I've always noticed is that if I push the scoreboard button and hold the scoreboard overlay over gameplay while moving/idle, my frames are much better. Usually steady 145 but once I let go of score overlay, the frames go back to 100-145. Very odd
  • -NFA-Ray-NFA-Ray Posts: 10Player
    .dcG-ccoR^ wrote: »
    This might be somewhat off topic but one thing I've always noticed is that if I push the scoreboard button and hold the scoreboard overlay over gameplay while moving/idle, my frames are much better. Usually steady 145 but once I let go of score overlay, the frames go back to 100-145. Very odd

Same,
  • ={101st}=Muzza455={101st}=Muzza455 Posts: 1,061Player
    edited October 2016
    Scoreboard frame rate .
    Ok your pc is rendering far less with scoreboard up so frames are higher .
    I play on acer v nitro 17 . And id 4k screen and get lowest of 60 fps on homestead and 160 fps on other maps . My laptop has 960 gtx mobile graphics . Surely all u guys with higher cards should be getting far more .
    @.dcG-ccoR^

That is good info. We'll look into that. One of the HUD objects may be doing too many updates. The scoreboard used to cause a bit of a fps hit, so a bit of time was sunk into it for optimization. Could be something similar elsewhere.
  • [!ReDRuM!]Damian[!ReDRuM!]Damian Posts: 758Player

He is not incorrect actually since it will indeed show 60 FPS if you have a 60hz monitor, that said though. You are right as well, the more FPS you have in a game the better the performance since your GFx card will have more juice to play with and makes the gameplay smoother. Specially in games like Quake and CoD where it increase the movement a lot and you can do better strafe jumps =D..
  • ={101st}=Muzza455={101st}=Muzza455 Posts: 1,061Player
    edited October 2016
    how is this then
    i have a 60hz screen. i pull upto 160 fps. no v sync and playing wifi at 70 - 80 mb connection
    i thought the 60 hz will only show 60 fps is only if u are using v sync
    same for 144hz monitor locking at 144 fps, using v sync
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    your game will show whatever you make it show.. but youre only getting the performance whatever your monitor is capable off.. so your 144 on 60 hz is still performing like 60hz on 60hz

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw