HPX Trolls

There are some people going around with HPX tags and funny names that are trolling, and tking servers but they are NOT real HPX members. If someone does this on your server please do not ban the HPX tag, just ban/kick them individually.

Comments

• =[101st]=Muzza455=[101st]=Muzza455 Posts: 1,101Player
  • iNv|roKis-iNv|roKis- Posts: 420Player
    do you guys not have clan tag protection ?

Hasn't worked in a long time homie.
    Bhop is a string of jumps with no interruptions.
  • [kT]B4DSEED[kT]B4DSEED Posts: 26Player
    People can go around and do whatever they want, I don't care. Just trying to let people know that it's not really us being giant trolls
  • [kT]Dominus[kT]Dominus Posts: 85Player
    You can't get clan tag protection anymore, right?
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 624Beta Tester
    Yes m8 we have it

I'm really not sure on this one, but if my memory is correct you can no longer get 'new' clantag protection. Old registered tags still have protection but you can't request new tags to be protected.

Again, this is just a faded memory of mine, I might be wrong.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Yes m8 we have it

I'm really not sure on this one, but if my memory is correct you can no longer get 'new' clantag protection. Old registered tags still have protection but you can't request new tags to be protected.

My thoughts exactly, not sure either but that's what I remember regarding clan protection. Didn't you have to pay for it as well? Given that I'm not into the whole clan thingy and prefer comp teams it seems stupid to me to pay money for that.
  • KodenKoden Posts: 284Player
    edited October 2016
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    Yes m8 we have it

My thoughts exactly, not sure either but that's what I remember regarding clan protection. Didn't you have to pay for it as well? Given that I'm not into the whole clan thingy and prefer comp teams it seems stupid to me to pay money for that.

Yeah, it was a paid "service". If that seems funny, just think at the honor tracking back on AA2 (before 2011). Back then you had to play for the server hosting plus some more money to pay for the honor tracking from Pragmatic (I believe that was the company). I think a 24 slot honor-tracked server must have costed easily around 35/40 dollars each month, due to that.
    Derob6.jpg
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,516Player
    edited October 2016
    You are right evenbalance are no longer doing clan tag protection but the great news is -ACI- is now doing clan tag protection and unlike evenbalance it cost nothing and is a better system.
    http://www.anticheatinc.net/forums/portal.php
    gKQ6BB2.png
    -SD-DELTON wrote: »
    You are right evenbalance are no longer doing clan tag protection but the great news is -ACI- is now doing clan tag protection and unlike evenbalance it cost nothing and is a better system.

How does that work? Do you need to have a server streaming to ACI?
    Derob6.jpg
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Koden wrote: »
    -SD-DELTON wrote: »

Well, I'd guess so since you need that in order to be a member. Also only applies to ACI protected servers probably.
  • -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-[U|S|A]-DannyBoy Posts: 376Beta Tester

Well, I'd guess so since you need that in order to be a member. Also only applies to ACI protected servers probably. [/quote]

Correct,
    As members of ACI you are given clan tag protection, and it would only apply to ACI streaming servers..

As for evenbalance, there are only about 5 I think maybe 6 tags that actually still have the protection, and, if any of those do not renew their membership in the time it is due, they loose that protection and can not re register..

Not an ACI promotion, but I will tell you, it is so much nicer having their protection, not just for clan tags, but for all the cheese eaters they boot off our servers, then not have them.. So if your a new clan, and want to run clean servers with protection for your clan, then join ACI you wont be sorry... (I guess that did sound like a promo lol)

One day I will graduate noob school!!!
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!

edited October 2016

Well, I'd guess so since you need that in order to be a member. Also only applies to ACI protected servers probably.

Correct,
    As members of ACI you are given clan tag protection, and it would only apply to ACI streaming servers..

As for evenbalance, there are only about 5 I think maybe 6 tags that actually still have the protection, and, if any of those do not renew their membership in the time it is due, they loose that protection and can not re register..

Not an ACI promotion, but I will tell you, it is so much nicer having their protection, not just for clan tags, but for all the cheese eaters they boot off our servers, then not have them.. So if your a new clan, and want to run clean servers with protection for your clan, then join ACI you wont be sorry... (I guess that did sound like a promo lol)

...well, yeah, it did sound a bit like a promo. But since one needs to ask for membership as a streaming admin, and might also not get accepted, and given the current ACI policy rules...that would easily and automatically exclude many already. Therefore, a lot less might be interested due to requirements (and "speech" policy).
    Derob6.jpg
  • Bear_82Bear_82 Posts: 384Moderator
    this is so far off the rails, it's done
    The right of the people to keep and arm bears shall not be infringed.
This discussion has been closed.