Specific Suggestions

Comments

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    "- wrote:
    GoW[=-Rayl-ITA;47153"]
    Thanks for explanation, but I want to ask why in a game like Infestation: The New Z (different as gameplay, i know) there is a working anticheat made by their Devs?
    Depending on how lag-tolerant a game is, alternative server/client architectures can by their nature be more cheat-proof. A fast-paced FPS like AAPG demands lower lag which leads to clients being trusted with more information which leads to more opportunities for abuse.

The engine a game is built on affects how easy it is for the cheaters to build their tools. Unreal Engine and PunkBuster are both extremely common.

All that said, cheating isn't really much of a problem in the game's current landscape. Clean experienced players already keep new players from getting into the game. Most cheating accusations I see and hear come after the victim makes a particularly bad play, not after the accused makes an amazing one.
  • I Agree
  • @Zsexy@Zsexy Posts: 1Player
    i agree
  • [-GP-]Fede[-GP-]Fede Posts: 1Player
    i agree!!!!!
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,394Player
    edited October 2016
    Koden wrote: »
    -SD-DELTON wrote: »
    Ip/Mac address/guid/email

Limit these to only one account and it will stop most of the hackers coming back.
    As it is now a hacker can join a server wreck it get banned and be back on the same server in 5 minutes with a new account.
    As for the rest ACI covers all that no need for the dev's to do anything.

Your lack of knowledge about a matter you're (supposedly) so sensible to is appalling...

Btw: what's up with all the comments from the Italian guys just posting "I agree"?? Makes the thread useless to read, just make a poll next time.
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    Really? You even ask cheaters to support those anti-cheating proposals that don't even make sense?

Lmao! Just noticed...this is ridiculous :awesome:

I will test it on you Koden let me know if it works.
    Your such a superdude :awesome:
  • KodenKoden Posts: 279Player
    Ip/Mac address/guid/email

Limit these to only one account and it will stop most of the hackers coming back.
    As it is now a hacker can join a server wreck it get banned and be back on the same server in 5 minutes with a new account.
    As for the rest ACI covers all that no need for the dev's to do anything.

Your lack of knowledge about a matter you're (supposedly) so sensible to is appalling...

Btw: what's up with all the comments from the Italian guys just posting "I agree"?? Makes the thread useless to read, just make a poll next time.
    Really? You even ask cheaters to support those anti-cheating proposals that don't even make sense?

Lmao! Just noticed...this is ridiculous :awesome:

I will test it on you Koden let me know if it works.
    Your such a superdude :awesome:

I thought Saccho already explained it to you, but you're not willing to understand or either don't want/care to. Anyway, ip and mac address related bans are rather useless, or rather, they're effective against maybe 80/90% of the people, those who don't know how a mac address or an ip address work. And for the matter anyway, personally I wouldn't even bother getting past a ban on YOUR server.
    Derob6.jpg
  • wR.VitowR.Vito Posts: 1Player
    +1
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    I thought Saccho already explained it to you, but you're not willing to understand or either don't want/care to. Anyway, ip and mac address related bans are rather useless, or rather, they're effective against maybe 80/90% of the people, those who don't know how a mac address or an ip address work. And for the matter anyway, personally I wouldn't even bother getting past a ban on YOUR server.

My points were that IP bans and MAC/HW bans are over-broad when working as intended.

Frankof's points, which deserve much credit, were that IP bans and MAC/HW bans often don't even work as intended.
  • [NOCS]MoMo[NOCS]MoMo Posts: 1Player
    I AGREE
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Saccho wrote: »

My points were that IP bans and MAC/HW bans are over-broad when working as intended.

Frankof's points, which deserve much credit, were that IP bans and MAC/HW bans often don't even work as intended.

To add to this discussion, it is common to have static IPs in other countries, right? Because mine is dynamic and changes every day and it's not even some special deal or anything, this is the default I got from my ISP. I had shared IPs with about 200 other people last time I checked ACI.
  • I agree, Hooah!!!

• frankoffrankof Posts: 960Moderator
    To add to this discussion, it is common to have static IPs in other countries, right? Because mine is dynamic and changes every day and it's not even some special deal or anything, this is the default I got from my ISP. I had shared IPs with about 200 other people last time I checked ACI.
    Static ip are rare and mostly requires some sort of special deal from the ISP.
    On the other hand, dynamic ip doesn't really mean that it will change by it self every x hour, you might have the same ip for years, but you can fairly easy release that ip and get a new one, takes a few seconds.

ss_4_frankof.png
  • LIVERISLIVERIS Posts: 9Player
    I agree especialy with clan option proposed
  • -VI-ImaHustler-VI-ImaHustler Posts: 81Player
    All this methods of banning are indeed quite useless.
    But i am intrigued with the method overwatch is banning theyre cheaters.
    From what ive heard and read the ban in really permanant to the computer.
    People tried changing varies computer identifications with no luck yet.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    frankof wrote: »
    Static ip are rare and mostly requires some sort of special deal from the ISP.
    On the other hand, dynamic ip doesn't really mean that it will change by it self every x hour, you might have the same ip for years, but you can fairly easy release that ip and get a new one, takes a few seconds.

My ISP (most common one in my country and I guess it's the same for other customers) forces a reconnect every day, I can configure my router to do it at a specific time but that's about it for the average customer. So, tons of shared IPs and obviously I'm not the only one. Well, you surely know that banning IPs is nonsense, just throwing in another reason.
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 389Player
    Great ideas. but.... not gonna happen. This stuff has been asked for since AA2/3.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 728Player
    When ipv6 is implemented everywhere and in every hardware we can have static ip, for now its required to have dynamic ones. Its normal that many people use an ip you already used. Theres not enough ipv4 for so many hardware.

Over 1.1k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • wR.bisigabrisiwR.bisigabrisi Posts: 1Player
    I agree
  • oiNkk.oiNkk. Posts: 56Player

kek

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,165Player
    edited October 2016
    Asking for these things now? where were all of you "I agree" guys when the game was beta? :lol:

I just want something.. anything.. that's new. It's so stale lately and development seems like it going stagnant and is grinding to a halt, I don't see devs on here half as much as we used to and where oh where are the community managers? :(

Where we at? where we going? and what's happening? I specifically suggest we be graced with some news.. some hope. People were hinting at a July 9 update months ago.. or an anniversary one.. what gives? WOW that netcode overhaul must surely be the mother of all overhauls?

If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.