How to use headphones with microphone

>sold<>sold< Posts: 1Player
edited September 2016 in Game Support
I've been playing AA for a while now and always was the only one without a microphone.
Today I bought head phones with mic (about time, huh?).
How do I use them?
I really haven't got a clue.
Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    edited September 2016
    What gear did you get?

Generally, if you plug it it, Windows should recognize it. Right click the Volume icon in Windows, bottom right and check Playback and Recording Devices. Your headphones should now be there.

In game Audio Settings there are playback and recording devices there too. Select your headphone.

While playing, the default buttons are "V" to talk to your team, and "B" to talk to the other team too, and this can be changed in Settings > Controls if necessary. Good luck!

:)
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,187Player
    Depends what type of Headphones you got, USB types are plug and play, the ones with dedicated MIC and Headphone outputs need to be plugged into the relevant ports on your PC's soundcard usually at the back of the PC.. (or front panel audio jacks) they are usually color coded so that you can tell easily where to put them.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,187Player
    edited September 2016
    Depends what type of Headphones you got, USB types are plug and play, the ones with dedicated MIC and Headphone outputs need to be plugged into the relevant ports on your PC's soundcard usually at the back of the PC.. (or front panel audio jacks) they are usually color coded so that you can tell easily where to put them.

Oops, Cont..

If you mean ingame, the sound should come through, but to talk, you have to press and hold the VOIP key (default B for global chat.. or V for team only) whilst speaking to transmit it.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• metalfoleymetalfoley Posts: 1Player
    edited August 11
    Hi. same problem. i cant see me microphone ingame and i cant uset it