Cancel Revive.

Comments

• SSKtidididiSSKtidididi Posts: 171Player
    Hey man, respect paramedic. Selfless service- is it not a primary value?
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    respect !! for being 0-33 and on top of the leaderboard... hooah soldier

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • SSKoVieSSKoVie Posts: 54Player
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    respect !! for being 0-33 and on top of the leaderboard... hooah soldier

Pub K/D prio. Always.
    1306.png
    SSKoVie
    SHU wrote:
    It is our server, we pay for it. So if we think or want to ban, we do it, no need for explanation there are more then 400 other servers, go and have fun.
  • Bam4DBam4D Posts: 976Player
    Keeping team standing is the greatest thing one can do... It's totally ARMY values. GJ he deserves praise.

That Man Gatsu is ARMY STRONG.. shame more people don't understand what the game is really about.

********Bam4D********

BE ALL (THAT) YOU CAN BE!

________Army 1980_________

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Now that I need it they removed dislikes from the forum? Cmon..
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited May 2015
    I don't blame them, disliking would no doubt lead to people spamming topics asking why someone disagree's, it just makes sense, I mean I'm sure people would rather an explanation as to why something is disliked anyway, not an upside down thumb that could have a million reasons. Not only that.. the button could be used to troll someone indirectly.

Back to cancel revive.. would I like it yes.. but this was asked for ages ago on the old forums, patches and patches ago and still aint been incorporated, waste of keystrokes if you ask me.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• [eSC]General.Jung[eSC]General.Jung Posts: 144Player
    cK^KILL@ wrote: »
    Now that I need it they removed dislikes from the forum? Cmon..

And this is a good way to stop the spiral of disliking each other. We should discuss together in this unique community about what is good for the game regardless of age, opinion or skill. For a community, there are more drawbacks than benefits from dislikes and liking a post is sufficient enough to support an opinion/post without posting something by your own.
    -
    Let us not be against something, but in favor of something.
    Greetings from Germany. General.Jung.
    eSport-Community, http://esportcommunity.com/

HARDEN HC mode, SMOKE Grenades, UMM Support and RELEASE LINUX Binaries !
  • Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player
    edited May 2015
    Bam4D wrote: »

The over the top, random recoil is enough of a low health penalty as it is.

The next COMP Pro post: ' RECOIL why it makes me CRY when I Die. '

This is really big talk for someone who has a 0.65 MATCH WIN LOSS RATIO

Serious? you guys wouldn't pick the underdogs if your life depended on it... point & click, point hounds, :s with no clue of what AA:PG represents in game-play. :'( In fact we never win matches because IMO a weird person would stay on a side that is 5-0 what is the point? no challenge and kinda mean, not the ARMY way.

Sometimes go full matches with my only goal, keep a new guy alive!... bet you never played that game mode? :o And if they had a % Number for enemy suppressed I would win, my highest was 32, yes sir 32. :p

When you come close to my sneaking up on people % level, then pretend you're my equal or better B)

Your bragging about missing people with your saw 32 times in one match? Your only goal is keeping someone alive/reviving not the objective? cool story bro.
    spot assist means missing enemy kills,surpess fire means shooting back at an enemy that is allready shooting at you regardless of the outcome.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    I'd rather have the "reddit system" including downvotes/dislikes for everything that's off topic or not distributing to the discussion. If someone disagrees with a post and he cares about the game he'll take the time to comment himself instead of just disliking some post.
    Anyway, this guy is definitely trolling with that talk about the ARMY WAY of reviving someone under fire leading to the death of both of them. I highly doubt the army actually teaches that, maybe some American patriotic army lover would like it that way but it certainly isn't.
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 642Player
    edited May 2015

The over the top, random recoil is enough of a low health penalty as it is.

The next COMP Pro post: ' RECOIL why it makes me CRY when I Die. '

This is really big talk for someone who has a 0.65 MATCH WIN LOSS RATIO

Serious? you guys wouldn't pick the underdogs if your life depended on it... point & click, point hounds, :s with no clue of what AA:PG represents in game-play. :'( In fact we never win matches because IMO a weird person would stay on a side that is 5-0 what is the point? no challenge and kinda mean, not the ARMY way.

Sometimes go full matches with my only goal, keep a new guy alive!... bet you never played that game mode? :o And if they had a % Number for enemy suppressed I would win, my highest was 32, yes sir 32. :p

When you come close to my sneaking up on people % level, then pretend you're my equal or better B)

Your bragging about missing people with your saw 32 times in one match? Your only goal is keeping someone alive/reviving not the objective? cool story bro.
    spot assist means missing enemy kills,surpess fire means shooting back at an enemy that is allready shooting at you regardless of the outcome.

No. Spot assist means spotting someone who is then killed by a teammate of yours. Suppressing an enemy actually requires you to shoot within a certain proximity of them, AKA missing. It also has nothing to do with whether or not they're firing at you.
  • !token!token Posts: 2Player
    This would be amazing.
  • [OGG]TriggerdSilence[OGG]TriggerdSilence Posts: 19Player
    I would LOVE a cancel revive option for those times when your revived by someone hiding behind a corner while an enemy just single fire spams your body and the person doing the revive continues anyway. The only thing about that though is you would have to get rid of the body spectate as you were getting revived so you can't do a cheap corner check then cancel. But more legitimately cancel based on situational awareness and enemy fire.
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    Kind of a tangent on this topic --

Now that securing can be interrupted in the opt-ins, I wonder if revive should be non-interruptible (a la the current secure mechanic). That would work against the revive-fakes and checking corners with "revive vision". I enjoy playing the revive-fake game as much as the next guy, I'm just not totally sold on it being a good mechanic. (High-level play: they expect the fake revive so you go all the way with it. #mindgames)

I wouldn't want to see the on-revive body spectate go away because I think having that refresher on what's happening around you as you get picked up is important.

It'd also be nice if revives didn't cancel the flash effect (flash goes off while you're being revived -> no flash effect on you when the revive finishes), but that's its own issue.
    Maybe instead of a 3rd person view of your body as you're being revived it could auto-switch you to the 1st-person view of the person reviving you? Something to make sure you're aware and give you a minimal reminder of the setting you're downed in.
  • Gronfather@twitchGronfather@twitch Posts: 466Player

Now that securing can be interrupted in the opt-ins, I wonder if revive should be non-interruptible (a la the current secure mechanic). That would work against the revive-fakes and checking corners with "revive vision". I enjoy playing the revive-fake game as much as the next guy, I'm just not totally sold on it being a good mechanic. (High-level play: they expect the fake revive so you go all the way with it. #mindgames)

I wouldn't want to see the on-revive body spectate go away because I think having that refresher on what's happening around you as you get picked up is important.

It'd also be nice if revives didn't cancel the flash effect (flash goes off while you're being revived -> no flash effect on you when the revive finishes), but that's its own issue.

Absolutely. I've done it and had it done against me. Either take away the 'around the corner peak' while being revived or make it unstoppable. The sound is an obv issue also, but I agree something needs to be done to prevent fake revives.

BUT - if you make it where you can't stop mid-revive we'll be back here tomorrow in a new thread discussing why its so horrible. Then HBK will tell us the game is broken and we'll be back to square one.

Absolutely. I've done it and had it done against me. Either take away the 'around the corner peak' while being revived or make it unstoppable. The sound is an obv issue also, but I agree something needs to be done to prevent fake revives.

BUT - if you make it where you can't stop mid-revive we'll be back here tomorrow in a new thread discussing why its so horrible. Then HBK will tell us the game is broken and we'll be back to square one.

I think the thing that makes the fake revives easier to pull off if I'm remembering the sound correctly is that it starts and finishes with a loud sound, but there's not much in between. The difference between a start/stop and a full revive isn't that obvious.

I think the thing that makes the fake revives easier to pull off if I'm remembering the sound correctly is that it starts and finishes with a loud sound, but there's not much in between. The difference between a start/stop and a full revive isn't that obvious.

I (along with many others) can start a revive to draw you out for a 'free kill' and once I hear you moving I can stop and prefire as the normal person wouldn't expect an enemy coming as they heard them reviving.

I get it. I just think it's more effective because the audio queue at the beginning of a revive is more prominent than the rest of the process. If the sound were persistently that loud, it would be easier to recognize a fake.
    How would you know if it was a fake though? I can get 99% done and still opt out of the revive you know?

If you're already that far, you wouldn't be stopping, and the person was obviously way too slow to respond anyway.
    -
    Most fakes get the very first part of the audio queue and stop. Anything more than that is likely to get you shot if there's actually a competent player waiting.