Can't Open a Saved Map ... Name is Blank

2»

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    I made a couple of test maps which ended up with the same problems. I'll try your fix then do a write up on it. :+1:
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • StackEmUp!StackEmUp! Posts: 145Player
    Awesome:)
    edited September 2016
    I'm in process here, and I still have maps that refuse to load in the ME, even with this fix, (though it DOES help to show the map name!) so I'm not sure what the entire problem is yet. Also, while I haven't had those ME start-up crashes (before I even get to the Open dialogue) I'm still concerned about it.

So...I can't call this either reproducible or solved (yet!) Any other ideas?

:s
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    I note that it is not the filename that is setting the 'Mission Name" in the open dialogue, but whatever is INSIDE the .metadata file. I found this out by changing different components - file name, metadata filename, and "ItemTitle" inside the metadata file. So...I'm not sure what's going on.

I'm seeing the following Mission Editor bugs, which may all be separate, or connected!

1) Crash on startup
    2) Missing "Mission Name" in the Open dialogue
    3) Map won't open in Mission Editor; hangs and goes to black background
    4) Crash on exit.
    ______

• {IRISH}Maximus{IRISH}Maximus Posts: 46Player
    I'm definitely experiencing #2 and #3
  • StackEmUp!StackEmUp! Posts: 145Player
    Well for me the regular editor seems to be "hit or miss"! I created a small bdx map, saved it, went to open it again, and no name, black screen. I then created a custom .meta file...the name showed up, but still showed a black screen. I opened the map fine in the full editor, published the map, which created the real .meta file. Went to open it in the regular editor, and same thing....black screen.

On the other hand, it may not have to do with the .meta file at all. I purposely deleted the .meta file of a map that I have had no problems with, then successfully opened it in the regular editor, no problem:)

Scratching my head on this one! :(
  • (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 640Player
    when you're making these saves are you adding anything to the map 1st , box/tree ?
    as i was under the impression you had to add at least 1 item to save a template map in basic eddy
  • {IRISH}Maximus{IRISH}Maximus Posts: 46Player
    Yes ... I add some miscellaneous stuff and save ... then quit the editor, come back later to edit some more and the name is blank in the open dialog.
    I haven't been able to fully follow up on this since I can't reproduce all of the issues, but it still exists for me, and I have submitted a bug report.
    ______