Opt in 2 activity

=IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
edited May 2015 in General Discussion
I'm curious to see the numbers of players played, I imagine it's much lower than the first one. I can say from the NA side there were only 2 servers going all weekend it seemed.
Every time I played it seemed I played with the same players all weekend...got to know a few new players because of it.

Not sure how the EU side was..but I'm thinking one week isn't enough time between the opt in's to make nessissary changes...doesn't matter if the release date needs to be pushed back because of it.

I think there's something to be said about the low activity.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw

Comments

• SithHunterSithHunter Posts: 109Player
    Didn't have much time this weekend to play opt-in and most of time was playing with SystemSettings config to check fps/visual changes but I noticed that on EU numbers were also lower than in previous ones.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    I opted out a day or so after because I couldn't use the editor with that version of the game, not because it sucked or anything, I enjoyed it.. if anything now.. I just want the sounds to be right when the game gets released :lol:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 457Player
    I had an epiphany this weekend playing the game. I think historically, people could give a reason they come to play the AA series and that reason was related directly to the enjoyment of how the game plays or certain features. I'm quite certain now that only most play for the comradery. The game itself plain and simple, is not fun to play. The blandness of this game you play today numbs the minds of those who appreciated any prior version. By this time, I don't think anything can be done to make AAPG something with drive for those who try it out. Most will idle by and talk about what can be done to improve it, but that will fall mostly upon deaf ears or ears that cannot influence the game in such a way or simply won't based on a set of values they stand by.

The fact of the matter is that the powers that be do not have the gumption to make the necessary changes suggested (many times over in the archived forums) by the community to improve this game enough to build a large community around it. This game is a learning experience at the cost of a community.

It's a sad realization to come to all...
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    I think it boils down to map selection and how bad the sound was.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

Both items that define the entire game. A small piece of a very large puzzle. I don't buy that as the reason people aren't playing.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • 12ampage12ampage Posts: 64Player
    I didn't get on because it was a holiday weekend.
  • underwareunderware Posts: 23Player
    I played 2 rounds and went back to original beta right away. I just can't get past hit reg and sound.
  • DeltaKiloDeltaKilo Posts: 146Developer
    There were 1149 players that earned at least 1 XP during the second opt-in.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    How does that compare to first Opt in? also 1xp ? lol .. 1 match is approximately 500xp if not more (didn't really pay attention) .. how many put in over 1 hr of game time?

• Gronfather@twitchGronfather@twitch Posts: 466Player
    edited May 2015
    lol @ 1xp
    EDIT: whats that equivalent too? Surviving 1 round? lol

Not even. It's equivalent to entering a server just before PB kicks you.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
    lol, We had our server running I played thurs-Friday. Got level 5 then it downgraded me back to level 4. In-love with the gameplay the sound just wrecks it though. Was back playing the 'other version' Friday.

To the devs though - black and white, we want to help you (playing the game, reporting bugs, gathering information) but with what I saw (rather heard) Thursday just doesn't make for a fun experience. I come on here to game and have fun, so that's where my involvement stopped. First time I've ever played Americas Army (1,2,3 or AAPG) and could honestly put on music and play.

• 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,148Player
    edited May 2015
    /downloaded opt-in. Ran around a bit in single player... didn't play a minute of MP. Been too busy replaying The Witcher 1 & 2 :wink: .
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • DeltaKiloDeltaKilo Posts: 146Developer
    There wasn't anyone that had 1XP, just the way the data was pulled. There were actually 4 people that earned only 5 XP though! =IK=Doba= was the highest XP earner this weekend with 37,264
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    edited May 2015
    ..... I sign autographs after 4pm est

DeltaKilo wrote: »
    There wasn't anyone that had 1XP, just the way the data was pulled. There were actually 4 people that earned only 5 XP though! =IK=Doba= was the highest XP earner this weekend with 37,264
    LOL

• Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 643Player
    Speaking of XP, can we get a breakdown of what certain things are worth in the new scoring system? Kills, revives, round wins, match wins, secures, etc.
    I said before man, revives and OBJ need a point boost. Was like playing team deathmatch this weekend. Nobody wanted to do the OBJ or pick anyone up, kills kills kills

• 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,148Player
    edited May 2015
    Honestly, I'm not sure whether it makes a difference. Although objectives should be far and away worth more than anything else.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    DeltaKilo wrote: »

Was like 3 or 4 people higher than that in the first opt-in. Wonder why?
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.