admin spectators

2»

Comments

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Make that "Punkbuster" and "eyes" that detect. Eyes tend to be a little unreliable though.. I'd say, from experience :lol:

Just keep an eye on how many ACI streaming servers you are getting banned from, it's quite funny how all these people swear on ACI keeping their servers clean then going around banning themselves.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    It's not so much a problem these days, considering I play a LOT less :lol:

Does seem kinda weird how a server that was ACI protected would kick players from their server over an accusation.. or wrongful eyesight, especially when they already have this secret protection against the real bad eggs. Certainly don't make me feel any better from the times it's happened to me in the past :lol:

I've known (and know) of players who actively scour through hundreds and hundreds of PB screenshots and since it became a thing, watching demorecs, looking for anything unnatural, checking up on a people who have a few good rounds etc.. and I can't help but ask myself, why would anyone pour so much effort into that level of security, how effective is it? Human error is real, but does it suck up more time doing that, than could actually be spent enjoying the game? and ultimately.. would I do that myself? I don't think I could, maybe you have to have a certain demenour.. as much as I don't like cheaters, I don't think I'd be a happy hunter.. I'd rather play the darn game than spend even more time trying to keep it clean, leave all that to PB and ACI, that's their job, what they are all about.. right? :lol:

If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-[U|S|A]-DannyBoy Posts: 376Beta Tester
    Saccho wrote: »
    Quotes shortened for brevity's sake.
    last night ACI caught him hacking in our server..
    ACI doesnt catch people while they cheat.....
    LOL
    I never said any such thing so get your own facts straight!!
    Yes, you did. Careful on that.

ACI doesn't catch people, especially not live/in the moment. PunkBuster/EvenBalance does the detecting. Kicks from ACI are never for actively using something in the moment, they're for a *past* detection that was reported to ACI by other players and servers.

Again: ACI is not detecting anything. PunkBuster detects. ACI is a service that records player information.

Ok yeah, I guess I did say that, and actually I did think that, and the reason is, for a few hours this now banned member was playing on the server then all of a sudden he was kicked, the server shows ACI kicked for a ban, I go and check and it is not a VAC or PB or GGC ban it is an ACI ban, so I guess I assumed it was ACI who did that detection.. I stand corrected..

However, the bigger point here is not the what when why and how, it is the fact that without ACI streaming my server this member may still be hacking on mine and others servers!! For me that is enough to justify having ACI..

I find most of the time, those who cry the loudest about getting spanked usually did something to deserve that spanking!!

Again, my hat is off to ACI and the work they do to help us in the fight against cheese eaters!!
    One day I will graduate noob school!!!
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!

• -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,489Player
    edited August 2016
    I would not play the game if we had no ACI also I would not waste money on a server if there was no ACI .
    Thank you ACI for keeping our servers hacker free.
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,489Player
    edited August 2016
    [ENG]Uni-Sol
    Maybe you should look at this http://www.souldefenders.net/index.php/forum/hall-of-shame
    Just a few good reasons screenshots should be looked at.
    Also if it was not for ACI all these hackers would still be killing servers.
    Maybe now you will see how effective it is.
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • ~Gorilla~~Gorilla~ Posts: 777Administrator
    I agree ACI and what they actually do is amazing. I am glad they are there, doing what they do for us. However I think We got off topic here. Your personal opinion about ACI is yours and it might be best to keep it to yourself. This might create controversy topic or cause a unrested topic.
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    I go and check and it is not a VAC or PB or GGC ban it is an ACI ban, so I guess I assumed it was ACI who did that detection.. I stand corrected..

For information's sake, here's the flow of player data through the system.

* Player logs on to a server
    * PunkBuster detects a cheat and kicks the player
    * PunkBuster forwards the kickline to the remote logging service, whether a text file or ACI/PBBans/GGC/etc

Later, the player logs on to another server.
    * PunkBuster forwards the login info to the remote logging service
    * The remote logging service checks for past kicks, whether in their own database or another service's
    * The service tells the server's PunkBuster instance to issue an "admin decision" kick

So, when you see that ACI/PBBans/GGC attribution tag, it's indicating which remote logging service says they've previously heard the player was kicked.

That can lead to a real roundabout appeals process for a player. If someone is kicked on your server, they come to you to appeal. You send them to ACI. ACI says "your ban came from PBBans, we just enforced i" and sends them there. PBBans says "take it up with EvenBalance" and sends them there.

If the player were still using the same previously detected cheat, PunkBuster would kick them again in the absence of remote logging.

PBSS detection information flow is a bit more convoluted and a bit more open to human error.

All of this also depends on all of the servers and remote logging services being 100% trustworthy.
  • Lone_GunmanLone_Gunman Posts: 47Player
    I don't like that you have to register with their forum and donate to have any real access to what player x is suspected of. Also you can blame it on badmins, but I have seen to many threads were players have been banned from a server because the admin looked up their IP and mistakenly IDed them to another banned account they had nothing to do with.

Last there are multiple AA server owners (OP) with ACI badmin access that kick ban on cheeseusations. Knowing now that ACI takes player input instead of just drawing from PB records concerns me. I don't want gimpy grandpa playing on his DELL, in his mom's basement, using her 56k to send in cheeseusations to ACI because cheese eating is the only possible way I am destroying him every night.
    I don't like that you have to register with their forum and donate to have any real access to what player x is suspected of. (...)

Last there are multiple AA server owners (OP) with ACI badmin access that kick ban on cheeseusations. Knowing now that ACI takes player input instead of just drawing from PB records concerns me. (...)

I'm not a fan of ACI, but don't want false info out there either.

AFAIK donation isn't and has never been part of access. It at least used to be that registration alone got partial access and clan approval & membership granted more info -- money's not part of that.

ACI allows members to request "background checks" or submit PunkBuster screenshots they find suspicious for review. An ACI admin/staffperson can decide a player has a dirty background and indicate as such in the database, or ACI staff can decide the submitted screenshot constitutes evidence of a cheat, but random players don't have input on those decisions.
  • Fragnader-ACI-Fragnader-ACI- Posts: 6Beta Tester
    Facts and nothing else:
    • ACI has never and will likely never require a donation for any type of access.
    • ACI has checks in place in addition to the vanilla VIOLATIONS/RESTRICTIONS that come with PunkBuster. These checks result in kicks for cheats that otherwise would not happen.
    • ACI utilizes several features of PunkBuster to bring tools to our members including but not limited to: LiveSecure, LivePBSS, LiveWatch, CMS - Clan Management System. We are always working on improving our feature set and filling the needs of the community.

Thank You.
    Facts and nothing else:
    • ACI has never and will likely never require a donation for any type of access.
    • ACI has checks in place in addition to the vanilla VIOLATIONS/RESTRICTIONS that come with PunkBuster. These checks result in kicks for cheats that otherwise would not happen.
    • ACI utilizes several features of PunkBuster to bring tools to our members including but not limited to: LiveSecure, LivePBSS, LiveWatch, CMS - Clan Management System. We are always working on improving our feature set and filling the needs of the community.

Thank You.

Where were the facts when your co-admin accused me of developing cheats on this board?
  • Lone_GunmanLone_Gunman Posts: 47Player
    Saccho wrote: »
    I don't like that you have to register with their forum and be given a higher level of access from a basic free forum account to have any real access to what player x is suspected of. (...)

Last there are multiple AA server owners (OP) with ACI badmin access that kick ban on cheeseusations. Knowing now that ACI takes player input instead of just drawing from PB records concerns me. (...)

I'm not a fan of ACI, but don't want false info out there either.

AFAIK donation isn't and has never been part of access. It at least used to be that registration alone got partial access and clan approval & membership granted more info -- money's not part of that.

ACI allows members to request "background checks" or submit PunkBuster screenshots they find suspicious for review. An ACI admin/staffperson can decide a player has a dirty background and indicate as such in the database, or ACI staff can decide the submitted screenshot constitutes evidence of a cheat, but random players don't have input on those decisions.

I edited my first point in my above quoted reply to better explain it.

As for my second point, there is no misinformation, it's a blanket statement. I don't like that Joe blow can submit a SS or a video to ACI to be reviewed. Common sense should be more than enough of a reason why.

Idd also like to state that i did not, in my posts, claim my points should be held up as fact. My points were/are general statements of my interpretation, based off my thoughts and experience, with ACI.
    I edited my first point in my above quoted reply to better explain it.

As for my second point, there is no misinformation, it's a blanket statement. I don't like that Joe blow can submit a SS or a video to ACI to be reviewed. Common sense should be more than enough of a reason why.

Idd also like to state that i did not, in my posts, claim my points should be held up as fact. My points were/are general statements of my interpretation, based off my thoughts and experience, with ACI.

No offense intended on my part :)
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Let's not turn this into an ACI witch hunt. Like them or not no one is making you use them. Like all private server settings, go to one without it or make one. The positives and negatives of ACI have been discussed thoroughly in threads before.

As always the Official servers are running the standard experience and are always open to any of our players.

Let's not derail this thread further.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• Fragnader-ACI-Fragnader-ACI- Posts: 6Beta Tester
    JoGary wrote: »
    ACI just linkes your servers to a database of banned accouints. Wont actually detect cheating as it happens.

False and false.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    I've had to remove a ton of posts continuing to derail the thread.
    Since no one is interested in discussing the actual OP i'm going to shut this down.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

This discussion has been closed.