any tips ?

if you guys have any tips on how i can improve recording in cinematic mode so it would look smoother and if also you have any editiong tips eg. adding music , filming in 3rd and 1st person ect.

Comments

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,187Player
    edited August 2016
    I may be wrong.. but if you scroll your mouse wheel down it slows down the camera movement speed which should help stabilize the cinematic effect your going for. For audio, I'd use music that starts slow and builds up to fast paced.

I'm a novice myself though, can't even find my way around WMM :lol:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    I may be wrong.. but if you scroll your mouse wheel down it slows down the camera movement speed which should help stabilize the cinematic effect your going for. For audio, I'd use music that starts slow and builds up to fast paced.

Correct. In general for any type of video I'd say the most important thing is that you are happy with your work. Your personal taste will probably change over the time you are making videos but that's fine, just go with whatever you enjoy at the moment. If you are going with what you think people enjoy you won't be happy in the end especially with the rather low view counts you will get from AAPG videos. So better have something you enjoy looking back to after some time than having something you don't enjoy with low viewership.
  • POTATO.rzintegraPOTATO.rzintegra Posts: 46Player
    Ditto ^^^
    Also I would slow the Camera View if possible and start with a wide view of the action then pull the viewers attention by zooming into the main action that you want them to see.

Your Short Clip #1 video looks good.
    ss_POTATO.rzintegra_4.png
  • thank you guys for the tips i tryed to use them in AAPG | Short Edit #1
    If there is anything else you know i could implement nto videos be sure to let me know.
    and again thank you for sugestions ^^

• -vR.cialone!--vR.cialone!- Posts: 121Player
    Couple thoughts:

1) Love the song in the intro ... it's on my AAPG playlist

2) I liked the beginning, where it seemed like you were trying to set up some kind of story maybe. Towards the end though, when it is just you clicking between the alive players ... that probably needs some work.

3) Someone plays dark room a lot like I do sometimes.
  • [Prt_Dictator][Prt_Dictator] Posts: 275Player
    edited August 2016
    What are you using to record? I would use Fraps for something cinematic like this since it has much higher quality. And perhaps rendering at a higher bitrate and in 60 fps would give it a smoother look.
  • i use obs (Open Broadcasting softwear) and for editiong i use sony vegas pro 13

and i record in 60 fps i just forget to render in 60 fps ^^