Very stupid unlocks for mainstreamkiddies !!!

DirtySharkDirtyShark Posts: 13Player
edited August 2016 in General Discussion
Unlocks in online-tactic-shooter are only a ...sry...very big mess!!!! I And you must have 250 !!!!!!!! kills
(and other things) only to become a fu,,,,, holosight ? Are you crazy or what ?

Please reduce (or better cancel) the needed kills for unlock scopes! It is an online tactical game and not a stupid mainstream-game for all the rank/unlock-kiddies like in battlefield/COD.

Think we will never see such a great game again like america's army 2. This game was a very good example for a perfect tactical shooter.

It is so horrible to see that every modern game must have all the kiddie-toys(unlocks,ranks,stats) for all the mainstream-kiddies.

Good games doesnt need such rank/unlock/stats-mess !

Comments

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    The "rank/unlock/stats-mess" doesn't detract from your gameplay but does make it more fun and engaging for others. No reason to rail against it so harshly. As for tactics... the scope unlocks are all the same magnification and do extremely little to change the game tactics. They're cosmetics and don't change weapon handling properties at all.

Server owners also have the option to unlock all optics for all players if they don't like the unlock system; the Devs have already given admins exactly what you're asking for anyway.
  • -[U|S|A]-Gorilla-[U|S|A]-Gorilla Posts: 707Administrator
    The Weapon achievements are easy at 1st then get harder, there is no problem with them. 250 kills is like the wind and will blow threw in no time. I personally enjoy the in game weapon achievements, and many others do as well.
  • -vR.cialone!--vR.cialone!- Posts: 121Player
    Here's a thought: just use the standard skin m4 with red dot or ironsights
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Aapg very tactical, much awesome, such wow.
  • KodenKoden Posts: 284Player
    Saccho wrote: »
    The "rank/unlock/stats-mess" doesn't detract from your gameplay but does make it more fun and engaging for others. No reason to rail against it so harshly. As for tactics... the scope unlocks are all the same magnification and do extremely little to change the game tactics. They're cosmetics and don't change weapon handling properties at all.

Server owners also have the option to unlock all optics for all players if they don't like the unlock system; the Devs have already given admins exactly what you're asking for anyway.

Unfortunately I bet only a few serveradmins use that option, I guess. "Challenges" aren't adding anything to my gameplay, anyway.
    Derob6.jpg
  • Foutre?!Foutre?! Posts: 713Player
    Really amigo, you complain about 250 kills..
    Unlock everything from the M4 and M16 then come back :pleased:
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,186Player
    Wait till you have to get 500 ironsight kills on the SAW.. or a golden hawkeye with the shotgun.. good times, they dont call them challenges for nothing :lol:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 549Beta Tester
    All this "rank/unlock/stats-mess" has basically no effect on gameplay. Everything you unlock is cosmetic. Sure, some of the new scopes are a tiny bit cleaner than the default, but using an unlocked scope won't make a bad player good or a good player great. People with the unlocked scopes might do better because they have more practice with the weapon - and not because of the scope. I personally only use the unlocked scopes on the shotgun and the sniper, but I can definitely do well with the default version - those are just a tiny bit less convenient.

COD or not, the challenges motivated me to try to get decent with every weapon in the game and go beyond the M4. This didn't make me a worse tactical player - in fact, I'm pretty sure I've improved on the way.

The rank is just a symbol indicating the amount you have played. Even AA2 had something like this. The only rank-base "unlock" is the 'Hooah!' shout at level 5 - which again won't change the gameplay or tactical elements.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-ACI--[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-ACI- Posts: 373Beta Tester
    I wonder what his complaint will be when he has to get 1000 kills :o
    One day I will graduate noob school!!!
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!

I always though challenges are meant to be.. uhm challenging? That being said AAPG challenges aren't even that, it's just about playing the game.
  • Gronfather@twitchGronfather@twitch Posts: 466Player
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    Aapg very tactical, much awesome, such wow.

LOL

• [Prt_Dictator][Prt_Dictator] Posts: 275Player
    They're not challenges, they're milestones. And some very generic and tedious ones.
  • -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 751Player
    Better than nothing actually

Over 1.3k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,121Player
    The unlock system is somewhat undeveloped. I feel like a lot more could have been done with it.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 500Player
    edited August 2016
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    The unlock system is somewhat undeveloped. I feel like a lot more could have been done with it.
    I agree. It feels odd, for instance, that as popular a gun as the M24 only has one Elite skin/challenge.
  • -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 751Player
    I always though challenges are meant to be.. uhm challenging? That being said AAPG challenges aren't even that, it's just about playing the game.

I challenge you to do elite challenge on the m1911. Legitly.

Over 1.3k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 500Player
    edited August 2016

Definitely the hardest in the game. I wish there were some later Elite challenges for the other guns that were that difficult.

Cmon, I didn't even do any of those. I couldn't care less about them and now it's too late I guess.
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 549Beta Tester

In all honesty, I feel like that the M1911 elite is about finding bad enough enemies, not about getting really good.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player

In all honesty, I feel like that the M1911 elite is about finding bad enough enemies, not about getting really good.

Yeah, it's way harder than the others. With its ammo you basically need to be picking off revived enemies just to get enough shots for 5 kills. That, or find oblivious enemies for one-taps.