AA2 Remake on UE4 How 1 can dream!

I was just dreaming to myself... Imagine all AA 1 - 2.5 Maps Re done pretty much identical... Same player movements ect ect all the way to the droppings of the guns the radio chatter. That game really does not compare to anything that is out still to this day. The best thing of it all is it was free. I'm not sure how UE4 works and being free. I would so pay for this again if it was done right. How i could dream!

Comments

• 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,154Player
    edited July 2016
    Most AA fans been dreaming of it forever. I have little hope it will ever happen. I hope that AA5 can at least take some of the best aspects of that game at the very least. AA2 doesn't need to be the gold standard. I do think that AAPG makes some good steps in the right direction in terms of gameplay feel, but it needs to go a long way to take it to the next level.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • iNv|roKis-iNv|roKis- Posts: 420Player
    dreamers..dream big kids. This game is going places
    Bhop is a string of jumps with no interruptions.
  • =IK=Juggernaut=IK=Juggernaut Posts: 69Player
    You're preaching to the choir, Chemical... That's what SO MANY of us want... Why they don't do it is beyond me... AA2 is a proven success model.

AAPG isn't a bad game, it just took some bad and frankly befuddling turns in the last year... The most confusing being the switch from regular beta to the completely different opt-in beta which drove many players away...
  • -{XL}-It''sCrosser!-{XL}-It''sCrosser! Posts: 61Player
    which drove many players away...

I personally think that AAPG is a good game, I repeat always that behind the programming, perfection and a game there is an absurd work test. The technologies to AA2 times were very different (we're talking over 10 years ago).
    I will not go off topic, but in my opinion, the many players who have left this platform, did it for the absence of official competitions. It would be great to see ESL rich of ladder and various championships. But time to time, hope is last to die
    34pz8uc.png
    xlegion.it
    Referent of the Italian Community of AA
    Steam ID: Crosser

iMac 27"
    Intel Core i5-4570
    CPU @ 3.20 Ghz
    8 Gb RAM
    Nvidia Ge Force GT 755M

• Twitchr.Carbon8Twitchr.Carbon8 Posts: 305Player
    Though I am a strong supporter of competition, i don't necesarrily believe that the lack of ladder or true competition is to blame. In my opinion, the game just isn't quite there. I have been on and off this game... have been on a few comp teams in AAPG (i9, iNv) but the draw just really isn't here for comp.

I'm not sure if its gameplay, bugs/glitches, constant changes or what. If any of us could figure out the feature set, gameplay, and mechanics to make this game a phenomenon, then you should start your own company.
    edited July 2016
    There are many people who can figure out things that should be in the game. The thing is the effort, cost, time, and knowledge to do those things. Sometimes the developers have great ideas, but they don't have the right idea when it comes to tweaking and balancing gameplay. A decent amount of developers have brought in high level players to help guide them in crafting gameplay. These people aren't necessarily programmers or have any technical knowledge on how to make a game, but they certainly know what makes for a top notch game.

In any sense, I'm sure a group of players can come up with a solid list of must haves for AA5, whenever that happens.
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 461Player
    edited July 2016
    It's all about the execution. It hasn't been there for the last couple of versions. Plenty of good input has been provided. They need a guy dedicated to combing the gobs of information before the next version comes around.

[mod edit]
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    They need thought out maps that keep you entertained for more than 10 minutes.
    Both AA2 and AA3 had better maps than AAPG.. we have many many more, yet nothing great

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • =IK=Wonkss=IK=Wonkss Posts: 92Player
    they took the skill out of the game and added in the luck feature. when you aimed in aa2 you recoil gun bounce was there. aapg has random recoil and cone junk making it more to the luck of where the bullets land. don't believe me think about how many times your aim point wasn't on a enemy yet you somehow hit him killing him. im a fan of where I aim should be where it hits (if my aimpoint bounces up my bullets should go up not down or left/right .
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    AA2 definitely had an accuracy cone when firing from the hip, and I believe there was some randomness in the recoil code as well.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Wonkss thinks there's recoil on ADS.. I keep telling him no, but he's convinced

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • Twitchr.Carbon8Twitchr.Carbon8 Posts: 305Player
    TheTots wrote: »
    AA2 definitely had an accuracy cone when firing from the hip, and I believe there was some randomness in the recoil code as well.

I believe tots is correct, but the cone was so narrow that it was nearly unnoticeable.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    I really don't get how the cone is always mentioned as such a major issue. Use your scope and you are fine, what's wrong about that?
  • [Prt_Dictator][Prt_Dictator] Posts: 275Player
    edited July 2016
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    I really don't get how the cone is always mentioned as such a major issue. Use your scope and you are fine, what's wrong about that?

I think its a dumb way to balance because you don't have to aim at the opponent to get kills so it could end up being better than ADS with luck. Its not about "use the scope and be fine to me" its more about hipfire spraying and getting kills without aiming.
    Like we've been seeing this past years, people just don't learn anything playing this game and these RNG mechanics that hand over rewards for little effort play a big part in that.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    SSKnecabo wrote: »

I think its a dumb way to balance because you don't have to aim at the opponent to get kills so it could end up being better than ADS with luck. Its not about "use the scope and be fine to me" its more about hipfire spraying and getting kills without aiming.
    Like we've been seeing this past years, people just don't learn anything playing this game and these RNG mechanics that hand over rewards for little effort play a big part in that.

Not sure if I quite understand you but you are criticizing hipfire getting rewarded? Can't really tell if that's an issue atm because I barely play but the aimpunch+suppression spray and pray combo is doing its thing I guess. What I meant though were comp players asking to remove the cone which seems like the way worse deal to me.
  • RedBaron64(ITA)RedBaron64(ITA) Posts: 173Player
    No laser guns and no quick scope ala cod pls......cone with random recoil was noticeable in aa2 ..... I remember it very well....
  • CoverluxCoverlux Posts: 23Player
    edited July 2016
    I just hope that PG won't be the last. Any words from the devs on the next AA game? I guess it will be on UE4?! I really enjoyed AA2/3 and PG is decent as well, but it lacks the gritty atmosphere somehow for me. The training maps contribute to that as well and so many servers just run inner hospital. PG has the best menus/voice chat implementation so far though. Would not want to go back. AA2 didn't even have voice chat. What I also like about PG is that you actually lower your weapon - in many other games you just run around with your weapons shouldered all the time LOL. In AA3 you could put it on safe and lower it as well, but it wasn't automatic and barely anyone really used it from my experience - not sure how it was in AA2.
    edited July 2016
    To me hip fire should have randomness. It's why we're trying to force ADS. Hip fire should only be used at close quarters as a last resort. I think the game does a pretty decent job of it actually. I know AA2 had it so that it hip fire was just a much higher recoil version of ADS (with maybe a very minor cone), but it also led to people using hip fire in an extremely large percentage of engagements. It's kind of dumb.

I still believe that the breathing system is one of the worst aspects of the game. Since the game pace is slower than some other games, the hold breath button + hardly difficult to counter sway makes head shots super easy. I routinely head shot guys with the aim point on single fire. Sure, if you're playing against highly skilled players who don't sit around and constantly move too much, it's much more difficult to land head shots, but most players aren't to that level. It's kind of sad how easy it is to hit long range head shots with an aim point. With the old breathing system it was much more difficult.
    BTW, AA2 facts.

1. An accuracy cone existed for ADS. It would be lessened by crouching or going prone. Additionally, it would lessen if teammates were nearby.
    2. Recoil was not uniform. When you would take a shot, your gun would always go up and right, but it would not always go up and right the same amount.

Here's a video that proves both points to be true.

• AvgusteAvguste Posts: 125Player
    To me the reason AAPG is not as popular as AA2 or even AA3 is simply because the lack of realism.