Server admin and 3rd party site (PBBans/ACI/ETC) discussion

18910111214»

Comments

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    Nobody likes a cheater, other than the person doing it himself.. I don't have any issue with it being used as a rule.. it's fair enough to want people to have them so that any suspicions can be verified and checked in such a way, infact I'd go as far as saying its probably saved a lot of innocent players from getting kicked..

For me, it's just that if something is wrong and they are coming out black, people are getting kicked from servers for something they most likely knew nothing about and as such is damaging to the game, a game that everyone knows struggles enough with player retention.. not only that, people will only complain they are getting kicked and it's giving them excuses to badmouth admins, who's only intention is to keep a clean server. It's a vicious circle where nobody has any trust or faith in each other.

Would be awfully nice if the software worked as I'm sure it's intended, but if not, that it at least somehow expressed to the player that something is not right. How that's a possibility I don't know.. but being on the receiving end of a kick for these black screenshots for having them myself, even for as long as I've been playing.. is not very nice at all, so I can only guess what other people may feel about it.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,483Player
    edited July 2016
    Since I have played AAPG I have never seen a player with all black screenshots.
    However i have seen a player with all "Screenshot transfer was incomplete".
    Or not sending any screenshots at all to the server.
    If we see this that's when we inform them and ask them to do the fix I put in my last post.
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • [!ReDRuM!]L0rdDamian[!ReDRuM!]L0rdDamian Posts: 810Player
    -SD-DELTON wrote: »
    Since I have played AAPG I have never seen a player with all black screenshots.
    However i have seen a player with all "Screenshot transfer was incomplete".
    Or not sending any screenshots at all to the server.
    If we see this that's when we inform them and ask them to do the fix I put in my last post.

"Screenshot transfer was incomplete" This often occurs when:

- There is high traffic on the server, mainly caused by a high player count.
    - The player’s system is too busy to respond to the servers request. (Alt-Tabbing / Rendering / Downloading).
    - Player leaving the server during the request

Sins you have, mostly of the time, a full server punkbuster is getting to many requests resulting into an error. Giving it a minute or two more between every request might help here. And don't mess to much with the Width and Height that i see on some servers, that can also cause issues to if done wrong.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,483Player
    We don't warn unless we get at least 4 in a row also you missed that you can get this when map changes also at end of match when a new one starts.
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    Kicking for black screenshots in 2016 is just plain stupid. Forcing someone to not tab out of the game if he dies early in the round or not use a second monitor while playing is even more stupid.

My stance on this issue is pretty much the same as my stance on the VAC ban issue: If you don't like the way a server owner is running THEIR server then find a server that is more suitable for you.

This is the Internet, the majority of servers in that browser list are paid for by people who have the right to run them as they see fit.... So you can find a server that doesn't mind that you got caught cheating (in the case of VAC banned accounts) or trusts that those black screenshots are unintentional or you can go full "suburban mom" and complain about how unfair it is that you are expected to meet the same standards as every other player in regards to producing screenshots or not getting busted with cheat software.

I think that's pretty much as clear as I can say it.

That argument is lame, there is way too many of those "if you don't like"s and it's time for admins to change their mind and actually learn a thing or two about it. There are enough banhappy admins and there is no need for those "trying" to follow their own rules to ban innocent people as well. "Trying" because things like black screenshots are a convenient reason to boot better players out, that's what the majority of admins are doing any way. I've even been banned for ACI approved clean screenshots.

If a player produces black screenshots it's in no way his responsibilty, you can talk to the player and try to fix it but in the end it's on punkbuster not the player.
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    edited July 2016
    It's interesting to turn back the clock and look at some of what DICE/EA did with BF4's release to address abusive admin practices.

If an admin wanted a ranked server with players getting quick-joined into it, admins had to run DICE-default settings without the full suite of ban powers they were used to from BF3.

The more power admins wanted for themselves, the more they had to give up in server listing priority, quickjoin preference, and the ability to score points for unlocks.

Suddenly more servers were playing with the settings DICE wanted and it was much harder for badmins to team-stack and kick anybody killing them without quick-join keeping the server full.

I'm also tired of this "I pay so I'm king of the world" attitude. It's the admin's server, but it's not the admin's game.
  • n1]SimonSaizn1]SimonSaiz Posts: 49Player
    yeah this useless Servers should be non Honor Servers. banning for allowed ini changes and say thats Cheating.... O.o
  • -=312th=-Atrophied-=312th=-Atrophied Posts: 67Player
    Kicking for black screenshots in 2016 is just plain stupid. Forcing someone to not tab out of the game if he dies early in the round or not use a second monitor while playing is even more stupid.

My stance on this issue is pretty much the same as my stance on the VAC ban issue: If you don't like the way a server owner is running THEIR server then find a server that is more suitable for you.

This is the Internet, the majority of servers in that browser list are paid for by people who have the right to run them as they see fit.... So you can find a server that doesn't mind that you got caught cheating (in the case of VAC banned accounts) or trusts that those black screenshots are unintentional or you can go full "suburban mom" and complain about how unfair it is that you are expected to meet the same standards as every other player in regards to producing screenshots or not getting busted with cheat software.

That argument is lame, there is way too many of those "if you don't like"s and it's time for admins to change their mind and actually learn a thing or two about it. There are enough banhappy admins and there is no need for those "trying" to follow their own rules to ban innocent people as well. "Trying" because things like black screenshots are a convenient reason to boot better players out, that's what the majority of admins are doing any way. I've even been banned for ACI approved clean screenshots.

If a player produces black screenshots it's in no way his responsibilty, you can talk to the player and try to fix it but in the end it's on punkbuster not the player.

Then by all means, find a way to convince the admins that kick for black screenshots to change their minds. I already suggested putting the heat on EvenBalance when it comes to the black screenshots. I'm just thoroughly convinced that the same argument that was used in the VAC ban discussion still won't be effective in the black screenshot discussion. (i.e. "Trust me, I know more than you, etc.")
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player

Then by all means, find a way to convince the admins that kick for black screenshots to change their minds. I already suggested putting the heat on EvenBalance when it comes to the black screenshots. I'm just thoroughly convinced that the same argument that was used in the VAC ban discussion still won't be effective in the black screenshot discussion. (i.e. "Trust me, I know more than you, etc.")

VAC ban discussion is a whole different thing, it's about actual bans whether justified or not. Black screenshots on the other hand are nothing really, they just happen to be black screenshots. I don't need to mention that admins don't care about what I say let alone give me a chance to change their mind just for who I am, do I?