Setting a ping limit on my sever help

Can someone help me, Is their an ini file were i can set a ping limit on our AAPG severs.
we keep getting players with a 300 -500 ping

Thanks Guys

Comments

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    No, there is not.
  • -[U|S|A]-Gorilla-[U|S|A]-Gorilla Posts: 761Administrator
    There is not sir, you have to maintain it yourself and your admins.
  • [=PUG=]Pecka[=PUG=]Pecka Posts: 61Player
    Thanks Team
  • -[U|S|A]-Gorilla-[U|S|A]-Gorilla Posts: 761Administrator
    I agree with you and I would live to see it in the ANI files to set the server ping limit. It would make things easyer for clans and admins that want to keep a ping limitation on the server.
  • -=312th=-Atrophied-=312th=-Atrophied Posts: 67Player
    But....But....But the high pingers would leave and the player base would suffer..... after all, ping isn't an issue in this game.... *sic*
  • -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-[U|S|A]-DannyBoy Posts: 376Beta Tester
    The only problem I see with adding a cut off command in the ini files for a certain ping number say, 250 and your kicked.. Well what about a person who is playing and always pings at 24 - 40 and for some crazy reason his wife decided to put on netflix and for a split second his ping jumps to 300 put quickly comes back... He would have gotten kicked, however I would rather have the control where if we see someones ping going up we can let them know and they take care of it most the time..

I am not so sure adding to the ini files is a good idea!!
    One day I will graduate noob school!!!
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    The only problem I see with adding a cut off command in the ini files for a certain ping number say, 250 and your kicked.. Well what about a person who is playing and always pings at 24 - 40 and for some crazy reason his wife decided to put on netflix and for a split second his ping jumps to 300 put quickly comes back... He would have gotten kicked, however I would rather have the control where if we see someones ping going up we can let them know and they take care of it most the time..

This kind of check is properly implemented as a running average for just that reason.
  • {RR}-Maclobster{RR}-Maclobster Posts: 218Beta Tester
    edited July 2016

I remember back in AA3 there was a tool, that warned you 3 times after example every 40 sec when your ping was to high, with the info of the max ping, like ''150 is max on this server'' ( in the chat ), and after the last warning you get removed from the server, so you had the time to fixx your ping
    (\/) (',,') (\/)
    Pipeline
    HonorTown
  • -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-[U|S|A]-DannyBoy Posts: 376Beta Tester
    Maclobster wrote: »

I remember back in AA3 there was a tool, that warned you 3 times after example every 40 sec when your ping was to high, with the info of the max ping, like ''150 is max on this server'' ( in the chat ), and after the last warning you get removed from the server, so you had the time to fixx your ping

Yeah I heard about that and wish we could have something like that..
    One day I will graduate noob school!!!
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!

• Teh_JombiTeh_Jombi Posts: 1Player
    Yeah, unfortunately there isn't a public tool yet. Definitely possible though, we use a homemade tool on our test server, but without much traffic, its difficult to test. Any without a simple pbuconn tool, it can't send text to the chat. :/
  • [CLS]_SgtMac[CLS]_SgtMac Posts: 199Moderator
    UCON acces would be awesome!
  • [EF]=JAY=[EF]=JAY= Posts: 114Player
    I would be very interested in such a tool :)

Jay

Steam Name:[EF]=Jay=
    [EF] =Elite Fighters=
    Server IP:82.255.178.154:7778
    b_560_95_1.png