Direct X 11 support?

Comments

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited July 2016
    frankof wrote: »
    DX11 isnt the way to go for a new game, DX12 is where it happens, the lower level of programing makes it really powerful, but its tough and time consuming(expensive).
    Starting off a new game on 11 makes it dated from start.

So you are going to force people to use W10 only because DX11 isn't the way to go for a new game?. I prefer to see DX11, 21:9 support and Vulkan support before anything else. Also keep in mind AAPG already pissed off a lot of AMD users, what do you think what will happen when you force them to use W10 :expressionless:

Everyone will need to move to W10 at some point anyway, well those of us on Windows.. as people did when they had to make the move away from the highly loved and very popular WinXP. It's unavoidable as support for an older OS version diminishes. I have no idea 'when' they plan on phasing out Win7/8 but one things for sure.. they're not gonna be around forever.

Way I see it AA will benefit more from being in keeping with the times, by keeping up with new tech advancements and not being afraid to be 'all new'.. and DX12/Win10.. is for lack of better term, the times we find ourselves in.

However, I understand the need for reaching to as many people as possible which is probably the No.1 factor in decision making when choosing the tech they build a game on/around.. not gonna lie, when I've read various articles about DX12 and what it means for games and developers, and the end user, us gamers.. it's hard to not want them to adopt the tech.

http://www.howtogeek.com/221115/what-is-direct-x-12-and-why-is-it-important/

One things for sure, I doubt any next version would be built around DX9 and if it was.. they'd not only be killing it's shelf life, it's players would be up in arms, just think.. GTX ****'s and AMD ****'s under performing due to engine limitations etc.. according to what I've read DX12 would be a no brainer.

If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• frankoffrankof Posts: 1,049Moderator
    So you are going to force people to use W10 only because DX11 isn't the way to go for a new game?. I prefer to see DX11, 21:9 support and Vulkan support before anything else. Also keep in mind AAPG already pissed off a lot of AMD users, what do you think what will happen when you force them to use W10 :expressionless:
    Without a doubt, but its not up to me tho, but i rather see a open API than a new DX version.
    Both Vulcan and DX12 are costly to use to its full potential tho as the game developers has to write a lot more them selves rather than relying on the video card manufacturers to "fix" stuff via drivers.
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    frankof wrote: »
    DX11 isnt the way to go for a new game, DX12 is where it happens, the lower level of programing makes it really powerful, but its tough and time consuming(expensive).
    Starting off a new game on 11 makes it dated from start.

Everyone will need to move to W10 at some point anyway, well those of us on Windows.. as people did when they had to make the move away from the highly loved and very popular WinXP. It's unavoidable as support for an older OS version diminishes. I have no idea 'when' they plan on phasing out Win7/8 but one things for sure.. they're not gonna be around forever.

They are already trying hard to get people to upgrade. Get that sweet pop-up every time I boot telling me the free update ends on 29th of July. Not really buying it but I'll probably still upgrade by then.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,152Player
    W10 is superior to W7 & W8 in every way. You'd be a fool not to upgrade.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Whiplash27 wrote: »

Don't fix what ain't broken.. w10 will do nothing more than win7 does for me.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Not like I wouldn't, just too lazy to go through all the stuff I might (probably never) need again and back it up.
    edited July 2016
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »

Don't fix what ain't broken.. w10 will do nothing more than win7 does for me.

Why use outdated software when the upgrade is free? W10 is stable at this point and is superior to the prior versions of Windows. At some point support will stop for W7 & W8 and you won't be getting security updates or anything else anymore. I think Windows 7 is 2020 and Windows 8 is 2023. A while from now, but still something to think about in the future.
    Because I don't have a single issue.. all the drivers are fine.. my game works as good as it can.. when I feel like drivers in win 10 are up to performance then maybe

=IK=Doba= wrote: »
    Because I don't have a single issue.. all the drivers are fine.. my game works as good as it can.. when I feel like drivers in win 10 are up to performance then maybe

As long as you don't mind paying. If you have all new hardware you shouldn't have issues with the drivers anyway.
  • [!ReDRuM!]L0rdDamian[!ReDRuM!]L0rdDamian Posts: 792Player
    edited July 2016
    If you have all new hardware you shouldn't have issues with the drivers anyway.

You are joking right? New hardware = no driver issue?.. Oh i wish that everyday.

You are joking right? New hardware = no driver issue?.. Oh i wish that everyday.

I've had a grand total of 0 issues on W10 with drivers.
    But you read about so many people having issues.. turn off

I've had a grand total of 0 issues on W10 with drivers.

Doesn't mean new hardware fix driver issues :lol:
  • -=312th=-Atrophied-=312th=-Atrophied Posts: 67Player
    Microsoft doesn't release new versions for the [TOS Violation] of it. They release them to provide regular support and provide compatibility with new hardware.

Windows 7 is fine, but like XP it will eventually be on the chopping block in terms of both driver and update support. Once it reaches that point it is no longer a safe system to use. It might continue to run without a hitch for some time but running Windows without any further patches is just asking for someone to enlist your system in a botnet or use your bank details to go on a spree.

Bottom line is: Malicious software developers don't stop working on their next exploit therefore Microsoft can't stop working on their patches.

As for look and feel, there are easy ways to make Win10 look and feel like Windows 7 and outside of knowing that you installed a new version you won't see a difference (apart from better performance).
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,573Player
    Get Win 10 for free now and roll back to Win7/8. You will still keep Win 10 for free even in a year or two.
    I use Win 10 but don't like the start menu, but with Classic Shell it's like the good old Win 7 menu.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    I've also had 0 issues since I upgraded from 7 to 10. I actually get better benchmark results on games too.

Also.. You can manually turn off all that privacy related stuff very easily.. at first i was skeptical.. but after having used it for the past few months and gotten used to its quirks.. i think is a great OS and it cost me nothing.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• {4F}DeadlyGrouse{4F}DeadlyGrouse Posts: 277Player
    I re did the update as well a couple weeks ago. when i did it the first time it was awful. now its running like a champ and i have zero issues. game runs at 145 fps all the time for the most part.
    yeah, straight update from Win 7 to Win 10 seems to have problems for a lot of people. Best way to go is the clean install.
    Well, I might install a clean version soon. The only problem i have with it is disabling all spy stuff that comes with it. Then I'm talking about the Keyloggers, Telemetry, Cortana, Windows Defender, Metro Apps, etc, etc.. Just got my first "Upgrade now" pop-up in W7 lmao.. Crazy stuff.
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,049Moderator
    edited July 2016
    I took the plunge today, turns out there's no way to get my sound card working, so that upgrade wasn't for free :D
    ss_4_frankof.png