MAP FEEDBACK: Inner Hospital

[Dev]Rawrster[Dev]Rawrster Posts: 329Developer
We made some modifications to the defense stairwell leading to Up and Over. Any thoughts on this?

We know about (and have already fixed internally) the sound issues on Inner Hospital, so no need to bring those up here.

Comments

• .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    the inner hospital stair change: it is good, but it now causes an imbalance. it takes longer for defense to get upstairs in position to defend against assault rushing blue stairs. also kinda silly the change doesn't attempt to prevent you from standing on the railing so...?

• omerta`jeeomerta`jee Posts: 54Player
    edited May 2015
    it is good, but it now causes an imbalance. it takes longer for defense to get upstairs in position to defend against assault rushing blue stairs
    This sums up the west stairs change. The timing use to be really good. Both teams would meet at the corner blue stairs and that was fairly even. Now defense is slower and you get forced to stay away from the corner blue stairs.

EDIT: I like the idea though. The stairs look nice.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    Change is good I like it.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,181Player
    I like how you put [Dev]Doc in the surgery, now we know where he is and why he can't speak!

2a9a3h4.jpg

Seriously though, that's a concrete nod (if not a hint) at VIP!

If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    How big is the timing change now? I thought the old encounter point had the offender down the stairs closer to that landing and made it tough to assault effectively. I wouldn't mind seeing the defender delayed by a second (maybe less?) compared to the old timings, but it sounds like this is more dramatic?

I thought upper glass was really tough to assault to begin with. You're playing close to a corner, have to clear left & right when coming up, there are those plants to the left wall, pillars that can be peeked from either side, all the chairs offering cover, ... . There's an argument for it being such a crucial area for defense to hold & losing it being a crippling blow justifying making it tough to assault, but slowing defense down by a second shouldn't really hurt.
  • `xinoN`xinoN Posts: 351Player
    edited May 2015
    lol i was waiting for someone to spot it (and I was expecting it to be vapor!!!) and then tell that joke myself. oh you.

I've checked the monitors, he's alive.
    Oh well.
    How big is the timing change now? I thought the old encounter point had the offender down the stairs closer to that landing and made it tough to assault effectively. I wouldn't mind seeing the defender delayed by a second (maybe less?) compared to the old timings, but it sounds like this is more dramatic?

I thought upper glass was really tough to assault to begin with. You're playing close to a corner, have to clear left & right when coming up, there are those plants to the left wall, pillars that can be peeked from either side, all the chairs offering cover, ... . There's an argument for it being such a crucial area for defense to hold & losing it being a crippling blow justifying making it tough to assault, but slowing defense down by a second shouldn't really hurt.

I think people jump to conclusions before actually trying it out.

• .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    well we should try it again to confirm. when me and colts met in the middle he was fully at the top of blue stairs looking at top west, when i was just at the first pillar with my pants down. i don't think that is enough time or short enough distance for me to flash blue stair before he pops up. but as i said, someone go confirm the distance where they meet in the middle.

• Gronfather@twitchGronfather@twitch Posts: 466Player
    Whoever covers dark can toss a flash down there so you can pull up your pants and get your [TOS Violation] to the top of the stairs. problem solved

• vapor.ivapor.i Posts: 266Player
    `xinoN wrote: »
    lol i was waiting for someone to spot it (and I was expecting it to be vapor!!!) and then tell that joke myself. oh you.

I've checked the monitors, he's alive.

lol...dam never saw it lol

Is it me or does the guy look like a character from "Handy Manny"?
    AA2 veteran player / fanboy
    Streaming my horrible gameplay daily! Twitch.tv/fodvapor
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    edited May 2015
    Any changes made to up and over where a player could hang out on the ledge into the Lobby?
    googley avatar aapg

• [Dev]Rawrster[Dev]Rawrster Posts: 329Developer
    IO_i_OI wrote: »
    Any changes made to up and over where a player could hang out on the ledge into the Lobby?

Not really something that can be fixed short of making it to where players can no longer jump out of those windows or reworking the player collision completely. And even then, lean would let you do it a bit. It IS possible I've made some changes there at some point though. I know I've done some collision work on something over there in the past, but it was pretty minor and I think you guys already have it.
  • SSKwaNtedSSKwaNted Posts: 266Player
    the inner hospital stair change: it is good, but it now causes an imbalance. it takes longer for defense to get upstairs in position to defend against assault rushing blue stairs. also kinda silly the change doesn't attempt to prevent you from standing on the railing so...?
    Don't know how this will effect the 4v4, but this is a great thing for the 5v5 because most of the teams on defense play with 2 guys upstairs and it's pretty hard to breach it with the combination of nades (also from below) and flashes and even if this is a good way to balance the map, I still think something is missing to make the map even better, dunno what exactly
    AAPGOD/ Ex R6 Pro
    Achievements
    Youtube
    Steam
  • iNv|eKCommiNv|eKComm Posts: 394Player
    upper glass changes are good.
    2016 Flank Gaming Network Season 1 Champion
    2016 FraggedNation Season 4 Champion
    2015 FraggedNation Season 2 Main Champion
    2015 ESL Test Cup Second place
    2014 FraggedNation UMM Tournament Champion
    2014 FraggedNation Old School map Tournament Champion
    2014 TWL Season 1 Second Place
    2013 TWL 7v7 Beta Tournament Champion
    2013 TWL 5v5 Beta Tournament Second Place
  • SOPMODSOPMOD Posts: 230Player
    I like how you put [Dev]Doc in the surgery, now we know where he is and why he can't speak!

2a9a3h4.jpg

Seriously though, that's a concrete nod (if not a hint) at VIP!
    Is that Andrea Pirlo? :D
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    LOL..Ya thats where Pirlo should have spent his entire career

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
    IO_i_OI wrote: »

Not really something that can be fixed short of making it to where players can no longer jump out of those windows or reworking the player collision completely. And even then, lean would let you do it a bit. It IS possible I've made some changes there at some point though. I know I've done some collision work on something over there in the past, but it was pretty minor and I think you guys already have it.

What about a fence board or 2by4 accross the lower part of the glass up there. If you vault on it, it will cause you to jump off up and over.

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    edited May 2015
    While I admit I enjoy playing that lean angle in upper gallery, I don't think it really belongs. (I think this is what you're talking about, right, @IO_i_OI ?) The fixes I'd consider if trying to remove that angle:

Just like the wood framing the extract door angles in (shown below), mirror that design on the pillars running up the Gallery walls to extend the columns out a bit:
    G6imX0y.jpg

Or, to play that angle, you're standing on the edge of the glass's collision mesh. Pull that back and remove that lower ledge (that you can't stand on anyway) to make it clear players can't walk onto it.
    VMr3vZT.jpg
    even bulletproof glass just there would fix it no?

• BlobiTroNBlobiTroN Posts: 5Player
    I don't know if it is the new sound system in general or this map, but the acoustics don't match the sounds. There is too much fire sound echo in places you don't expect (like dark room), whereas sounds in the information room in west wing are too dull. The floor over there also doesn't sound like wood anymore.

One minor thing: the info bubble in the lower left corner also says "Flag Extraction Point", but there is no longer a flag. There is a bag with pictures, and those pictures when laying on the ground look like they're radioactive or something. They shine so bright in dark room it hurts my eyes.

Most of the times securing enemies also doesn't work. Looks like this game is not ready to be released soon at all and that you would need a whole new period of beta, since there are too many changes to the original beta that need a lot of testing and tweaking (and I'm not talking about these beta weekends, but about the original version we've been able to play all the time).