Craziest bug ever

4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,126Player
edited July 2016 in Mission Editor - Support
Any explanation as to why this would occur? Guys flying and disappearing and stuff. Map was fine yesterday, republished today, but didn't do anything too crazy. No other maps on the server were having this issue.
*Warning, language*
You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    That looks like server de-syncing to me. Server loses where the players are and maybe gamestate tracking.

Do you have any kismet in there?

Is this map throwing any Map Check errors at all?

What about objectives? Any complexity?

Have you accidentally duplicated a pylon, etc?

______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • -Flops--Flops- Posts: 354Player
    lobo had this problem with one of his maps , people disappearing , im sure when he sees this your answer will come , if i remember it wasnt a hard fix
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,126Player
    edited July 2016
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    Do you have any kismet in there?
    Only to load some AKBanks
    Is this map throwing any Map Check errors at all?
    Only some shadow and collision things, but those were already there in the prior build when everythign was working. I also get some lighting errors, but those were also there before.
    What about objectives? Any complexity?
    Not particularly, also didn't change those in the new build.
    Don't think so. Don't any pylons.
    edited July 2016
    I republished this morning and just ran through it with Roach and with two people there doesn't seem to be an issue. We'll see how it goes on a full server.
  • (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 645Player
    ive never seen that before ,
    Don't think so. Don't any pylons.[/quote]

did you say you dont have any pylons ??
    theres a problem straight off ,

ive never seen that before ,
    Don't think so. Don't any pylons.

did you say you dont have any pylons ??
    theres a problem straight off ,

[/quote]

What do they even do? From what I'm reading it only is needed with bots.
    What is the error that Map Check gives for no pylon? I forget. Guess it won't say Paths Need to be Rebuilt if there are no paths...

:p
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    Paths still need to be rebuilt if you have stuff like ladders and volumes. However, I don't think I've had a pylon in any map I've built and never had issues.
    edited July 2016
    Search ... Edit > Find Actors "Pylon"

I bet you DO have one then. They are built into templates (unless you start from scratch?)

Can't have Paths without a Pylon.
    ______

edited July 2016
    Search ... Edit > Find Actors "Pylon"

I bet you DO have one then. They are built into templates (unless you start from scratch?)

Can't have Paths without a Pylon.

Nope, none. :lol:

I'll throw one in for fun, but I don't think it does anything without any AI type stuff.
    edited July 2016
    Hmm. You can generate ladder paths without a pylon?!

WOLVERIIIIIIIIIIIIINE!!!!! Jooo got some 'splainin to dooooooo!

:)
    ______

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,189Player
    edited July 2016
    Ive always used a pylon and built paths etc.. even though we dont got AI.

Apparently a pylon is the brains of the operation and they define available playspace inside any volumes etc..
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

edited July 2016
    It's happening again :anguished:. This time I have the Pylon and such, no idea what can be causing this.
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    Maybe it has something to do with the Kill Z value or -Z axis? I'm not experienced at UMM, but heard someone talk about this before.
    googley avatar aapg

Nah, Z-Kill just makes it so that if you go below a certain point in the map, people will just die. I'm going to try building lights without Global Illumination, not sure if it'll make a difference, but it sure builds a ton faster.
    Your not using terrain for the ground are you? (rather than using landscape?)

Reason I ask is I've seen some wacky stuff happen when people have used terrain on their UMMs.. things like players sinking in the ground.. the floor looking like its disappearing, jaggies all over the place.. etc..

edited July 2016
    Just landscape. Although we just tried it out and in one part of the map we were getting really weird stuff, but the rest was fine. In the middle rubbing against anything would make you go super fast, you could walk through a wall or two, there was an invisible wall, few other strange things.

I did find some random brushes and an AABuilding actor around the map when I went to the Scene viewer, maybe they were responsible.
    edited July 2016
    I've only just been able to view your video as I've been on mobile all weekend and for some odd reason YT videos don't playback in my chrome app :(

There's no special volumes placed around the areas these things happen? for example a physics volume? or maybe even a blocking volume slightly clipping into the playspace anywhere?

Sure is a crazy bug, it's got me scratching my head :lol:

edited July 2016
    I did notice a random physics volume that was randomly placed somewhere. But not sure if that's something that's there by default.
    Still getting this bug. I'm kind of lost. If anyone can help and take a look at the map, I'd appreciate it.

As a note, this does not occur in single player mode, only MP.