AAPG dont save my ID and password LOGIN !

TonyZ.itTonyZ.it Posts: 25Player
Hi guys why the game not save my ID and pass? how i can fix it ?

Comments

• CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 500Player
    Sadly, this is happening to everyone. It's super annoying and also makes joining off of Steam impossible.
  • -=Pvt.Paula=--=Pvt.Paula=- Posts: 15Player
    edited July 2016
    A somewhat unusual fix for this problem may be:

Step 1:
    Run Steam and AAPG as an administrator:
    (The system paths listed here may differ from your installation paths)

C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ Steam.exe
    C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ America's Army \ AAPG \ Binaries \ Win32 \ AAGame.exe

Step 2:
    Open your AAPG installation folder and change to the directory \ AAPG \ Binaries \ Win32
    (Default: C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ America's Army \ AAPG \ Binaries \ Win32)
    Right-click on the file AALauncher32.exe and choose "Run as administrator"
    Confirms the security warning from Windows with "Yes" O.o
    Give a your email address and your password, activate the checkboxes "Remember login information" and "Automatically login" and click on "Login"

1466366665.png

Step 3:
    Stop the game and start it normally using your Steam library (!).
    Now you have to enter your login data once again, activate the checkboxes "Remember login information" and "Automatically Login" - Done!

... Now AAPG should start in the future without prompting for your login data and you can again connect by double-click your favourite servers via "Steam favorites".

Hint
    If you want to disable automatic login again, simply open console, insert "disconnect" and confirmed with ENTER. Now you can click Logout from the main menu of the game.

My 50 Cent:
    This solution may also include certain Risks, for which I take no responsibility or liability.
    This information is merely a possible (temporary) solution. Everyone has to decide for themselves whether this is kind of a acceptable Troubleshooting for him and if you use this Information you also take all personally liable and responsibility for your own actions.
    "You can invest in a thing your whole HEART and your whole passion, to make sure its like "idiot proof" and the next day you will get bashed from karma: karma invented and developed a better idiot."

banner_560x95.png
  • -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-ACI--[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-ACI- Posts: 367Beta Tester
    It worked for me for 2 days now back to the same!!

Hope there is a hot fix for this soon, it really is a pain in the #$$ to keep logging in especially if you close and open often!!
    One day I will graduate noob school!!!
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!

• -=Pvt.Paula=--=Pvt.Paula=- Posts: 15Player
    [not tested] i think you have to grant admin rights sgain, every time if you update aapg or steam.
    Well, its no final solution but a functional workaround (in my case now for more than 3 weeks <3 =) )

Regards
    "You can invest in a thing your whole HEART and your whole passion, to make sure its like "idiot proof" and the next day you will get bashed from karma: karma invented and developed a better idiot."

banner_560x95.png
  • iNv|revert-iNv|revert- Posts: 96Player
    I never had this issue until whatever update it downloaded yesterday...
  • TrIn@dOr^SuRTrIn@dOr^SuR Posts: 215Player
    s4As0gM.jpg
  • [FILO]_King-Leo[FILO]_King-Leo Posts: 4Player
    s4As0gM.jpg

There is an issue right now with not being able to login as far as I know. Check the 'General Discussion' . I think that is where others have posted.
  • [FILO]_King-Leo[FILO]_King-Leo Posts: 4Player
    Sorry, that should have been 'News and Announcements' not 'General Discussion'.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,419Player
    I just unchecked "Remember login information" and "Automatically login" put in password then checked them again and now always logged in.
    I am on win7.
  • war-matewar-mate Posts: 2Player
    meu jogo não está logando
  • war-matewar-mate Posts: 2Player
    >:)
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 641Player
    Issue that has not been corrected in the last 2 updates. Beta testers saying it is no longer a feature. Beta testers saying because they didn't experience in closed beta, that it's not a widespread problem.

Maybe it'll be fixed by Christmas.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,178Player
    Mine has actually started saving, the thing is.. I have no idea how or why because I aint done anything but tick the auto login box after entering my password, which is something that I'd tried before and didn't work :lol:

Confused.com
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

Mine has actually started saving, the thing is.. I have no idea how or why because I aint done anything but tick the auto login box after entering my password, which is something that I'd tried before and didn't work :lol:

Confused.com
    Mine started saving after they fixed the issue where you couldn't login at all, but only if I clicked "Login automatically."

Confused.com
    Mine started saving after they fixed the issue where you couldn't login at all, but only if I clicked "Login automatically."
    And it stopped again. rip
  • weakness_aaweakness_aa Posts: 140Player
    I'm going to do my best to explain why I think the Auto Login feature is giving some users issues.

I am currently using Windows 10 Pro 64bit that was upgraded from Windows 7 Pro 64bit

The version of the game on my system has been patched twice since I started this testing.

After you install the game from scratch and have never logged in or played the game since the install, your windows registry keys look like this.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\US Army\AALoader\AALauncher32\AAUAccountInfo]
    "Autologin"=dword:00000001
    "NoPromptLogin"=dword:00000000
    "UserName"=""
    "Password"=""

After you enter your email address and password at the login screen and only check the Remember Login-ID, your windows registry keys look like this with the game running

"UserName"="your-email@yourdomain.com"
    "Password"=""
    "SessionToken"="123456789012" (example here...in my account case the token is 12 digits)

As soon as you exit the game, the SessionToken value is blank and looks like this

"Password"=""
    "SessionToken"=""

If you enter your email address and password and select Remember Login-ID and Login Automatically, your windows registry keys look like this with the game running

"Password"=""
    "SessionToken"="123456789012" (example here...in my account case the token is 12 digits)

If you choose exit from the game menu , the SessionToken Value is stored in the registry.
    If you choose logout from the game menu, the SessionToken is erased from the registry.

If you notice at all times in the registry, the password field is blank. This would indicate that the game is using two-factor authentication during the login, hence the SessionToken field.

When using a two-factor authentication system, passwords are NEVER stored on the local device. They rely on the token code which is created in combination with the username and passcode used. If either of these values change, the token value will change. Your token will never change unless you change your name or password.

In my testing, as long as I NEVER choose LOGOUT from the game menu, and I have selected Remember Login-ID and Login Automatically my SessionToken is stored and remembered in the windows registry. It is always there even after I reboot, power off the pc, or even wait a few days...it is always there.

It's of my opinion (NOT FACT) that the issues reported are because the LOGOUT option of the game has been selected when exiting the game.

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,178Player
    I don't think I've ever selected logout, I only ever select 'Exit Game'. I've completely removed the registry keys and started fresh and still had the issue, tried loads of things.. as of right now its working as long as I have automatically login selected, which is mind boggling since I'd tried it before and it didn't work.

What I think most people are concerned about is that it had never been an issue before the patch where they added the new options when clicking play in steam and logging in by way of the main menu, rather than launching the launcher and doing it from there..
    I was never a fan of the need to have a launcher so I was happy to see they moved login to the game itself, only now I get to moan about the details not storing as they once did :lol:

It's not something that really bothers me.. but when the options are there, I'd be expecting them to work. Hence the feedback and issues people have with it since it started playing up.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• -Flops--Flops- Posts: 354Player
    All these long "How to" fix it posts , heres an idea , DEVs please fix it its annoying as [TOS Violation]
  • -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-ACI--[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-ACI- Posts: 367Beta Tester
    Yeah I never selected that either, I just hit exit...
    One day I will graduate noob school!!!
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!

• -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,570Player
    edited July 2016
    After I did a "Reset this PC" in Win 10 settings, I have to enter my email and Password every time. Before the Reset I only had to enter Password.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.