Game Update Notes (30 June 2016)

Comments

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,187Player
    edited July 2016
    It must be something they intend to be working, or the option to have it remember your password would not be there. Something aint right with it. I'd also be surprised if nobody had bug reported it by now, since it's been happening for a while.

I have the same issue, have to input password every time I launch the game regardless of whether or not the checkbox for remembering has been been checked, also strangely if I'm launching the editor, the launcher itself saves my password but every first login attempt fails and I have to login twice.

Since I've tried a buncha things, I can now strongly advise against the removal/deletion of USArmy registry keys (if anyone else was thinking about trying it, though probably not, I'm just an idiot :lol: ). Not only did it not work.. I don't know of a way you can reinstall them keys without reinstalling the whole game and without them you get zero stored details, not even the email addy, so now I have to input both everytime I want to play :lol:

If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    edited July 2016
    [Gen]Adzic wrote: »
    It must be something they intend to be working, or the option to have it remember your password would not be there.

Assuming the credential storage code is happening where I think it is... the current iteration of the game probably won't store a password on your behalf by design. If the stored credential already exists in the correct place, ***maybe*** it could still work, but I'm not sure.

Edit: the following struck text didn't accomplish anything :expressionless:
    It works differently now (session tokens), and I can auto-login on a Win7x64 machine no problem, but don't know how to replicate the issues you guys are facing. Makes it hard to troubleshoot.

If you want to try to recreate a registry password entry, it at least used to be stored at

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\US Army\AALoader\AALauncher32\AAUAccountInfo
    as type REG_SZ named "Password" with your password in plaintext.
    Same for REG_SZ "Username"
    "NoPromptLogin" is REG_DWORD value 1
    "Autologin" is REG_DWORD value 1

You can manually create keys/folders/whatever via the registry editor :)

I may play around with this a bit later and see if that is indeed a workaround or just a dead end.
    Before I removed them.. small_subtle_facepalm.png
    I tried manually inputting my password into it.. the email was already in the username.. but password was blank, it still didn't work when I launched the game and logged in, it just kept reverting back to being an empty field.

I can autologin (so far this evening, haven't tried system restart or anything) and my password registry entry is blank. That, at least as best I can tell, isn't causative.
  • .dcG-ccoR^.dcG-ccoR^ Posts: 84Player
    haven't played new patch yet, put off by the mostly negative feedback
    i might try it later, we'll see

for those who cant save their loggin issue, i fixed all my log in annoyances by opening the original aapg launcher that was supposedly removed from game only to need it again to have login info acutally work as intended lul

here's the link the launcher can be found in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\America's Army\AAPG\Binaries\Win32

• CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 500Player
    edited July 2016
    .dc-coR^ wrote: »
    haven't played new patch yet, put off by the mostly negative feedback
    i might try it later, we'll see

for those who cant save their loggin issue, i fixed all my log in annoyances by opening the original aapg launcher that was supposedly removed from game only to need it again to have login info acutally work as intended lul

here's the link the launcher can be found in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\America's Army\AAPG\Binaries\Win32
    This seemed to fix it for me at first, but then stopped. lel

The VIP addition was good, not such a fan of some of the other stuff, though.
  • .13kiMchi.13kiMchi Posts: 7Player
    the game feels so unresponsive after path... it seems I play at server with 200ping.. but actually I have 30... :) and I thought it can't be any worse ... good patch ! I guess lot of people were asking for these great changes.
  • L0rdDamianL0rdDamian Posts: 713Player
    The way i fixed it is by setting both AAGame(.)exe from Win32 and Win64 and the AALauncher32(.)exe in Win32 folder set to run under Administrator by default.

Then;

- Start the game, fill in your mail and password and disable the remember boxes.
    - Close the game.
    - Start the game, fill in your mail and password and enable the remember boxes.
    - Close the game.
    - Start the game, it automatically logged in.
    edited July 2016
    On a plus side.. You guys seem to have left an included map out of the patch notes, sneaky :mrgreen:

implrt.jpg

It's very cool and much needed for some players.

edited July 2016
    Saccho wrote: »
    I can autologin (so far this evening, haven't tried system restart or anything) and my password registry entry is blank. That, at least as best I can tell, isn't causative.

I have found out the deleted keys are restored after launching the game from the launcher (choosing to the editor when clicking play in steam), but even with fresh.. it still does not save my info :lol:

wwc56s.jpg

Now I'm starting to wonder if it's because my IGN is different from my steam account name. Looks like I'll be going back to uni-sol to test :lol:

[Gen]Adzic wrote: »
    It's very cool and much needed for some players.

Explains why there aren't any doors, too :pleased:
  • =IK=.Scooby=IK=.Scooby Posts: 119Player
    I absolutely cannot stand the loss of the quick lean. It was just about the only defense against people who corner camp everything, and our only defense against the stupidly OP but still stays in the game supported mode.

I have no idea how quick lean can be removed on the basis that it's "overpowered" but supported stays in. That is the most backwards logic ever.

It's like getting punished because we're good at the game. The people who suck at the game(that have to rely solely on corner camping and supported positions) are getting rewarded. Makes sense.
  • CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 500Player
    .Scooby wrote: »
    I absolutely cannot stand the loss of the quick lean. It was just about the only defense against people who corner camp everything, and our only defense against the stupidly OP but still stays in the game supported mode.

I have no idea how quick lean can be removed on the basis that it's "overpowered" but supported stays in. That is the most backwards logic ever.

It's like getting punished because we're good at the game. The people who suck at the game(that have to rely solely on corner camping and supported positions) are getting rewarded. Makes sense.
    It's annoying me more the more that I play. I don't recall the comp community, who played versus the best players among us, ever mentioning this as a problem. If anyone would know, they would.

I'm certainly not an amazing player (not getting 60 FPS until early this year being a major contributor, haha), but I've had my share of good games. I don't recall ever seeing this as a problem...Ever. I play with some good people, too, and they never have. It's like fixing a problem that doesn't exist. Meanwhile, stuff we complain about that does exist just stays in or doesn't get put in...
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,441Player
    From all the comments I hear on my server players are glad its been changed.
    Its was far to quick the way it was.
    gKQ6BB2.png
    -SD-DELTON wrote: »
    From all the comments I hear on my server players are glad its been changed.
    Its was far to quick the way it was.

Of course you're going to hear from the general person that plays this game that they're happy about it. It's one of the very few things that countered their supported positions and corner camping. And if my memory serves me correctly, SD plays mostly/only inner, the map with maybe the most egregious supported campers(lobby chairs) and corner campers( west long, dark lobby, upper far west pillar, etc).

Update after update they're trying to take things away from the people who try to be good at this game. Pretty much the entire DC team has quit the game. Most of iNv doesn't or rarely ever plays unless there's a competitive season going. Most of IK doesn't or rarely even plays unless there's a competitive season going. Most of i9 doesn't even play unless there's a competitive season going.

[TOS Violation], FGN wanted to have an open and main level of competition next year and I'm not even sure they're gonna get enough teams to have a successful one level of competition.

Pub play has inched closer and closer, seemingly every update, to becoming unplayable for those who actually enjoy a high end level of gaming/play. The devs are running some kind of system that's the exact opposite of every popular FPS out there and going away from making the game a fun, competitive experience and just making it easier for those who want to sit in one spot all game and shoot from their no recoil and no sway positions or camp in the corner and wait for someone to run in to their bullets.

There's no want or even need to try and get good at the game for players. Everything is being handed to them.
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 551Beta Tester
    Just asking: isn't supported position turned off in comp matches? If we take that out of the equation, did the comp scene get hurt by slow lean? (I mean hurt and changed as 2 very different things.)
    Sorry, my understanding is kind of limited about comp mode in general...
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
    Just asking: isn't supported position turned off in comp matches? If we take that out of the equation, did the comp scene get hurt by slow lean? (I mean hurt and changed as 2 very different things.)
    Sorry, my understanding is kind of limited about comp mode in general...

FGN had it turned off for season 1, yes. I'm not sure if that's going to be the same or not going forward.

I haven't played in a scrim since the update so I can't really say for sure. I can imagine it's going to hurt in the sense that trying to fight someone holding an angle on you is going to be more difficult(that's not to say that's a bad or good thing at this point, again, would need to have time to practice it), but haven't had a chance to practice it.

But comp overall is being hurt by it because this game is driving all of the comp players away from it update by update, and also effectively killing the chance of bringing more players in to comp.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    It's pretty obvious to me that the game has to be appealing to a lot of different players. Besides, fast lean accuracy is as close to an exploit as you can get.

It's bad enough that the gun camera position is so wrong. I wish that could be fixed. Then there'd REALLY be a lot of whining....!

:p

Back when I was competing in REAL sports that could get you hurt if you made a mistake, "good players" adapted better than everyone else no matter WHAT you threw at them. That's what made them 'good.'

I'm sure that the new changes will filter things out and the GOOD players will rise to the top.....if they don't take their ball and go home to mom because the BAD players are too good.......
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • iNv|revert-iNv|revert- Posts: 96Player
    edited July 2016
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    fast lean accuracy is as close to an exploit as you can get. .

Keebler750 wrote: »
    Back when I was competing in REAL sports that could get you hurt if you made a mistake, "good players" adapted better than everyone else no matter WHAT you threw at them. That's what made them 'good.'

I can show you plenty of footage of me quick leaning with my dot on them and no hit.. so that is false my good sir.
    also
    So what you're saying about real sports is... Basically if someone say in football can pivot or juke someone slower then them. they should not be allowed to use that skill? they have to slow their reflexes and movements down so the bad players don't look so bad? O.o

Also, I really enjoy that you have less then 300 hours in the game since full release, can't see you having much more then that before the full release, but you have almost 2000 posts on the forums.. your in-game knowledge is overwhelming.. and must be the truth lol
    Judging by your stats. especially your match high score, I know why you're in favour of keeping supported, and destroying the only thing that can combat it.. I like my marshmallows golden brown bb
  • [Prt_Dictator][Prt_Dictator] Posts: 275Player
    I personally don't care about the lean (I kind of get it being a commitment instead of risk-free-ish), but the issue is not if good players adapt or not to changes, the issue is that, regardless of the best players adapting and winning, some changes can have negative repercussions on the way the game is played, shifting the meta to something that is not interesting or desirable.

Adding to revert football example, imagine UFC changing their rules and making strikes to the face and submissions illegal. The best fighters still win, but is it a sport worth watching/competing?
    If we're talking videogames, imagine street fighter removing combos or Starcraft limiting the number of actions per minute.

Obviously, games have to be balanced, but you can't just take all the time because limitations like these always lower the mechanical skill ceiling and this game has been taking and taking over and over making a lot of players lose interest.
    I don't think there was ever an update where something that rewards mechanical skill got buffed. Maybe once in a while throw us a bone to spice things up a bit.