Stats and Leaderboards - Community Site

=MGS=Vapid_B=MGS=Vapid_B Posts: 7Player
edited June 2016 in General Discussion
Visit www.AAstats.com to see where you stand. You also can make and manage clans.

Banner_zps0zuunmxe.png

Comments

• -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 757Player
    Visit www.AAstats.com to see where you stand. You also can make and manage clans.

Banner_zps0zuunmxe.png

Great stuff staff of AAstats.com

Over 1.3k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • =NiW=-^pAYNE=NiW=-^pAYNE Posts: 48Player
    link don't work
  • =NiW=-^pAYNE=NiW=-^pAYNE Posts: 48Player
  • -ew.raw--ew.raw- Posts: 173Player
    Do i have to register to see the leaderboards etc? every link i click just leads to the forums.
    1409304775_2240089.gif

AA2 2005 - 2015
    AA:PG 2015-
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    -ew.raw!^ wrote: »
    Do i have to register to see the leaderboards etc? every link i click just leads to the forums.

Yes, you do.
  • [!ReDRuM!]Damian[!ReDRuM!]Damian Posts: 734Player
    -ew.raw!^ wrote: »

You can either register or login with steam.
  • kimboidkimboid Posts: 3Player
    I try to register but there is only with steam option. Is it possible to make account without steam? Im always cautious when site is asking to login with steam only.
  • Theodore_BundyTheodore_Bundy Posts: 68Player
    I try to register but there is only with steam option. Is it possible to make account without steam? Im always cautious when site is asking to login with steam only.

The Steam login is handled through the Steam API. We don't see any part of that registration. When you click the icon, it sends you to steam and asks you to share your steam ID and steam name with us. Then, redirects you back to our site to enter an email address and a preferred username.

That's the only info we collect - and we use that to automatically link you to your player profile.
    Steam: usdod14
  • kimboidkimboid Posts: 3Player

The Steam login is handled through the Steam API. We don't see any part of that registration. When you click the icon, it sends you to steam and asks you to share your steam ID and steam name with us. Then, redirects you back to our site to enter an email address and a preferred username.

That's the only info we collect - and we use that to automatically link you to your player profile.

Okay thanks for informing. Nice sites _b
  • axmaticaxmatic Posts: 1Player
    Signed up here and it's not showing any stats for me. just started playing again last night but probably played 50 rounds or more.
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 630Player
    "Only the servers that are in our system are tracked, and only the players that play on those servers are tracked." Quoted from our welcome message ;)

Check the serverlist : http://www.aastats.com/servers.php
    AAPG is good!
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,190Player

I'm having issues with the site remembering me when using steam to login, it also seems to regularly log me out after visiting other pages (for example browsing the leaderboards and then clicking on player search), which requires me to relog all over again.

Is there no way to register with password/email/soldiername, and do it that way?

If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

edited July 2016
    [Gen]Adzic wrote: »

I'm having issues with the site remembering me when using steam to login, it also seems to regularly log me out after visiting other pages (for example browsing the leaderboards and then clicking on player search), which requires me to relog all over again.

Is there no way to register with password/email/soldiername, and do it that way?

Jimbo made a post today:

"Last night we made the move from aapg.community to aastats.com. Along with this came a few changes to the way cookies are handled. If you are having issues with pages telling you to log in, or randomly getting logged out, please clear your cookies for both domains - then log in again."

Also,after you logged in with steam (very annoying that there is no way to autologin with steam) you should be able to go to your profile - Edit account settings - set a email and password and you can login teh "normal" way.
    AAPG is good!
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,190Player
    edited July 2016
    Also,after you logged in with steam (very annoying that there is no way to autologin with steam) you should be able to go to your profile - Edit account settings - set a email and password and you can login teh "normal" way.

All done now thanks, works like a charm. Nice site btw :+1:

Did the devs give you full access to stats or are these just pulled from steam kinda thing?
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

I bet our admins would love to have full dev approved access to the stats but atm they take what they can get from steam.
    AAPG is good!
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    I bet our admins would love to have full dev approved access to the stats but atm they take what they can get from steam.

The Steam player stats API, when I tried working with it a year+ ago, was chock full of misreported numbers. Do you actually use that or do you scrape the player's AAPG profile pages from the site?
  • Theodore_BundyTheodore_Bundy Posts: 68Player
    Saccho wrote: »

The Steam player stats API, when I tried working with it a year+ ago, was chock full of misreported numbers. Do you actually use that or do you scrape the player's AAPG profile pages from the site?

Scraping the AmericasArmy.com profiles is against the ToS and borderline illegal.

We have run into the same issues with the stats that everyone else has. It is a sad problem that has no way of being rectified. The best we can do is flag profiles that have these inconsistencies so we know that what we're looking at may not be correct. Unfortunately, this will never be fixed - short of the next version of AA.

Steam: usdod14